• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Completely Redesigned 2007 Corolla

isurujosh

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you think it’s in response to the Civic??? :blink: Next time you'll say that BM has launched a car in response to the new Civic.... :action-smiley-060:

for me this thing looks like a AE110 with chicken pox... doesnt look right.. I like the new Camry though...

The design is better than the 121 imho.

for me this thing looks like a AE110 with chicken pox... doesnt look right.. I like the new Camry though...

OT: I believe you are referring to mumps :action-smiley-060:

Edited by Memphis

Why do you think it’s in response to the Civic??? :blink: Next time you'll say that BM has launched a car in response to the new Civic.... :action-smiley-060:

Its true man!

The new Corolla was meant to be launched around the same time as the new Civic. But when Toyota saw the Civic prototype, apparently the senior management ordered a redesign to make it look more radical.

Isuru, sorry that I couldnt comment on this on the email as I could see any images. My personal opinion is that this is nice but definiety not a kick to the Civic. Civic and Corrolla are 2 diffrent markets even though they are sedans

Isuru, sorry that I couldnt comment on this on the email as I could see any images. My personal opinion is that this is nice but definiety not a kick to the Civic. Civic and Corrolla are 2 diffrent markets even though they are sedans

once again the Honda fanatic lolz.. Corollas got that luxury look but its a annoyingly a bit on the bulky looking side... While i do agree Civics are based on the balance between sports and comfort.. Corollas are more tuned for comfort and smooth performance... good funky vehicles i shoud say!!

Zz

Its true man!

The new Corolla was meant to be launched around the same time as the new Civic. But when Toyota saw the Civic prototype, apparently the senior management ordered a redesign to make it look more radical.

ash doesn't know these stuff... he's ignorant! so i simply ignored his comment

is this really a "whole new" corolla? it looks pretty similar to the one in the asian markets already i think..but is quite a change from the present US model. to me it just looks like the present japanese corolla with a little bit of vios (which i really don't like the looks of) and allion thrown in...

Edited by ucscsades

Ur treading on very thin ice here, buddy. Personal attacks are a no-no on forums. And they are happening too much for my liking recently. Lets keep in clean guys.

:action-smiley-060:Yes machan.... I don't know so many things like you do. U'r cleverer than me no.... & you have proved it so many times as well.

Ur treading on very thin ice here, buddy. Personal attacks are a no-no on forums. And they are happening too much for my liking recently. Lets keep in clean guys.

sorry machan, I didn't read ur post before replying to isuru... I'm cool.... really.

he! he! i dint mean performance buddy! i think this corolla will be a "sales hit" (if sold at a relatively fair price like the current ones) this offers so much that a typical driver loves, already in US the older corolla sells more than the civic and this one will only make things better for Toyota!

civic is the direct competitor of corolla, therefore new generations of the two model usually coincide in time frame (somewhat). i expect the result of the competition to be indifferent to last generations ... corolla will be the sales winner!

he! he! i dint mean performance buddy! i think this corolla will be a "sales hit" (if sold at a relatively fair price like the current ones) this offers so much that a typical driver loves, already in US the older corolla sells more than the civic and this one will only make things better for Toyota!

civic is the direct competitor of corolla, therefore new generations of the two model usually coincide in time frame (somewhat). i expect the result of the competition to be indifferent to last generations ... corolla will be the sales winner!

corolla sells more than the civic in the US ? you must be joking man.... :action-smiley-060:

Yes, hope someone can get a market reserch or a sales report thing. The Civic has been the best seling Japanease sedan for sometime now for US. I think Corolla is more towards family, you know the one a husband buys his wife or a standard car if you have the right budget. A Civic is more towards style (not that corolla doesnt have style). I still say the 2 cars are 2 diffrent markets

Ghee evrytime a topics being opened on another road car, its always riveted back to Honda's or more specifically civic's! lol!

well what to do man.. that's reality...

how ever much you say that the corolla has a market the true stats are that the civic sells far better than the corolla...

just a note: do you know the most stolen model in the US is the Accord ?

"Sales of Toyota Corolla have nearly halved since the launch of Honda Civic, which hit the road merely a few months ago.

Sources in the industry said sales of Toyota Corolla have reduced to around 450 per month from 850-900 per month before the launch of Honda Civic. The 1.8-lt Civic, is witnessing sales of over 1,800 on a monthly basis probably because it is the newest car to hit the market, industry analysts said. "

Edited by dragster