• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Schumi Brought Down To Earth

Duncan

Schu brought down to earth

The smoky blow-up that caused Michael Schumacher’s retirement from the Japanese Grand Prix and all but extinguished his world title chances wasn’t the only technical problem that the Ferrari driver encountered last Sunday.

Schumacher, who had planned to leave Suzuka and fly straight to Spain for this week’s test at Jerez, was reportedly stranded at the airport in Nagoya after a problem was detected with his private plane.

Instead he boarded a commercial flight out of the country, sharing the first class cabin with Ferrari’s technical director Jean Todt and carrying his crash helmet as hand luggage.

Speaking to Italian newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport, Schumacher stressed that he still considered the Jerez test a priority even though he has publicly conceded the drivers’ title to Renault rival Fernando Alonso.

“If this test was important for [the season finale in] Brazil then I don’t see why it should not still be, even if I consider my own championship chances virtually finished.

“There is still a lot to play for in the constructors’, and I want to give the maximum right up to the end for Ferrari.

“No problem, I will go [to the test].”

Well if that is bad in the F1 scenario you have to check out the WRC, the Current championship leader sebastian Loeb who is 35 points in front of his nearest rival has broken his arm mountain biking in his home town. That would leave him out of the championship till next month.

Well if that is bad in the F1 scenario you have to check out the WRC, the Current championship leader sebastian Loeb who is 35 points in front of his nearest rival has broken his arm mountain biking in his home town. That would leave him out of the championship till next month.

And he's being replaced by crazy Colin Mcrea for the rest of the season.