• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Performance Car Money Can Buy

Velocity

Best Performance Car Money Can Buy  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Value for Money + Performance + Better Resale + Styling

• Subaru Sti 9 (Rs 7.5 Mil )
    • Subaru Sti 8 ( Rs 6.5 Mil )
    • Mazda Rx 8 Type S ( Rs 6 Mil ) JAPANESE VERSION
    • Mazda Rx 8 Type S ( Rs 4.5 Mil ) Singapore Version )
    • Nissan 350z LIMITED ( Rs 9 Mil )
    • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 GSR ( Rs 8.5 Mil )

Hi All.

Just would like to know your thoughts on whats the Best Performance car you can buy at the moment.

I have given you couple of options. Please put in your Throughts.

My View....... ( Taking the view that I am using the car just for one Year )

Subaru STi 9 is a good pick but the New Model will be coming out end of next year i guess which means resale for this car will be very very low. Too common ???

imprezawrxsti06ul4.jpg

Couple of Sti 8s in the market. GOOD price but is it too old now ?????

Evolution 9. Again the New Model will come out soon and that something to wait for. Evo 9 performs well but styling wise it sucks.... price too much ???

lancermr06rg2.jpg

Rx 8 Good Styling , Less power, no brembos, but very good handling for a rear car and model will not change pretty soon..... Remember the new Rx 7 will be out next year ( 300 ++ Bhp ) Rx 8 Singapore Version has good price but very high mileage cars.

mazdarx805sm4.jpg

Nissan 350z...

nissan350z06ps9.jpg

9 mil, good power, good styling.... but is the price too much.....

Edited by Velocity

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From ur topic, we shouldn't consider bang for buck, since the main focus is "best"? Its not "Best perf car for the money" after all. Predictably, the Z, but thats coz I want RWD, the V6 and its a favourite of mine. I do remember, tho, that the RX-8 and 350Z recorded identical times round the top gear track in the hands of the Stig, so I'll probably be taking RX-8 (Jap) on bang for buck. Its still not that common on the road either, despite being really cheap for the perf. (comparatively, by SL standards :D ) Quite a few in car sales, but not on the road.

From ur topic, we shouldn't consider bang for buck, since the main focus is "best"? Its not "Best perf car for the money" after all. Predictably, the Z, but thats coz I want RWD, the V6 and its a favourite of mine. I do remember, tho, that the RX-8 and 350Z recorded identical times round the top gear track in the hands of the Stig, so I'll probably be taking RX-8 (Jap) on bang for buck. Its still not that common on the road either, despite being really cheap for the perf. (comparatively, by SL standards :D ) Quite a few in car sales, but not on the road.

what do you think of the Rx 8 Resale value after one year.

Also couple of turbo charges available for the rx 8 in USA, but i guess it needs some brembo brakes badly.

buy one and spending another 2 mil not worth when you can buy a Sti with all those mods.

what do you think guys.

The Black 350z is beauti and would be a real collectors items.

Whats the difference in the Sing and the Jap versions of the Rx8? Performance specs differ? 2 Mill difference is huge...

I think FOB prices on the Singa Vehicales are lower due to very high mileage. one of my freinds told that he can get me a car for 4.7 mil landed.

But at the moment best Rx 8 is with Darin. Just done 400 KM. awesome car.

Value For Money +Performance + Better Resale Value + No Model change Sooner + Not Too Common + Better Style

Basically its about having the cake and trying to eat the cake as well LOL....

on a 1 to 5, (IMO) (Only considering the RWD options. Anyway, too many ricers destroy the Not too Common criteria on the others. And the two are leagues in front of the sedan in style)

Z

Value For Money 3

Performance 5

Better Resale Value 5

No Model change Sooner 5

Not Too Common 5

Better Style 5

RX-8

Value For Money 5

Performance 5

Better Resale Value 4

No Model change Sooner 5

Not Too Common 5

Better Style 5

Resale will be affected by maintainance on the Rotrary. Carmart probably aint gonna do it. But u should have better facts about that than me. Anyway, still the Z for me, even with less points :D Mostly coz I aint considering the Value for money too much. It's crazy in SL anyway. In the US, at around $30K, its good value for money, but 9 mill....

I'm going for the Z.. nice shape.. good handling.. and a great chick wagon... :D

P.S. Peri I appeciate if you dont give me any crap on this... ;-) there were no civic's... I would preffer having an Si on that list

Edited by dragster

I'm going for the Z.. nice shape.. good handling.. and a great chick wagon... :D

P.S. Peri I appeciate if you dont give me any crap on this... ;-) there were no civic's... I would preffer having an Si on that list

its almost 9 mil dude.

you can buy 3 cars for that price in USA :(

i don't think you can even bring in better resale value for these cars...all these cars are not quick sellers.

GOOD one, i have learnt that the hardway....

i had to wait to 8 months for my rex, but i sold it at the same price i brought ( LUCKY )

what do you think of the Rx 8 Resale value after one year.

I think FOB prices on the Singa Vehicales are lower due to very high mileage. one of my freinds told that he can get me a car for 4.7 mil landed.

But at the moment best Rx 8 is with Darin. Just done 400 KM. awesome car.

Then I think u need to avoid a Singa one. High milage rotors? Fuzzo, Dilan, any input?

Edited by Pericles

Not giving u crap, but I don't think its in the same perf league as these.

BTW, the supercharged one was in the papers again. And whatever u think of getting, I'm booking a drive right now! Preferably at Pannala, I'm sure we can convince Nigs to organise another get-together :D

i have heard that hte rx8 engine is much more reliable than the 7's ever were. still a lower mileage car is always better

but then agian a high mileage sing car is better than a low mileage SL car :(

I have heard that too, but I am also talking about the difficulty of doing any maintainance on rotorary engines in SL.

Interesting read. For me tho, while I agree with the RX-8 stuff, where they highlight points as bad in the Z, those are things I consider good (at this point in life :) ) Like the harder ride. May not be great for SL roads, but I enjoy hard rides. Stress the engine sound on the V6, and the low end torque. Also, if u followed the top gear review to the end, they remark that the RX-8 is pretty twitchy in the wet. Hard to imagine Zs twitching in the wet, with those massive wheels :D

And is 2M lesser than a lower mileage car with which u could buy an optional car.. jus for kicks.. lol

Man, if the value of the car has sunk 2mil on milage, imagine trying to sell it a couple of years down the line with even more mileage. Of course, in SL, its just possible u might get ur money back, but thats not the point :)

Man, if the value of the car has sunk 2mil on milage, imagine trying to sell it a couple of years down the line with even more mileage. Of course, in SL, its just possible u might get ur money back, but thats not the point :(

i'd think that its rather WHERE the milage was done rather than HOW MUCH was done, is what matters... though road condition wise i dont thin japan and S'pore have that much of a difference. more or less, roads in both countries are good. As soon as the cars spent some time bonding with Sri Lankan roads, THATS when it blows a hole in the money-bag...:D

i'd think that its rather WHERE the milage was done rather than HOW MUCH was done, is what matters... though road condition wise i dont thin japan and S'pore have that much of a difference. more or less, roads in both countries are good. As soon as the cars spent some time bonding with Sri Lankan roads, THATS when it blows a hole in the money-bag...:(

I am refering to the ENGINE condition, not the suspension :)

OT: future signature material :)

Oh, great .... :D

What ever happened to the "D'oh!" smiley? Madz! We need a "D'oh!" smiley!

if the Si was on there, would you take it. it would probably cost around 5 mil (just a guesstimate)

Si ? ofcourse... I would preffer that over these cars given... not because I'm a honda freak but because it's more fun... you can do stuff to it and see how the results and the outcome of it..

197hp at 7800

2 litre motor

17 inch rims

350 watt Audio system with an 8inch Sub standard.. add your stuff to this and volah......

or you can also go in for the Type-R or the S

so I'd say

Value for money ( check )

better resale value ( check )

no model change within two years or so ( check )

but the cars on the poll.. you wouldnt feel like fiddling with them too much.. so it's no fun.. you just have a fast car that's all unless you got plenty of green to spend on mods...

Si ? ofcourse... I would preffer that over these cars given... not because I'm a honda freak but because it's more fun... you can do stuff to it and see how the results and the outcome of it..

197hp at 7800

2 litre motor

17 inch rims

350 watt Audio system with an 8inch Sub standard.. add your stuff to this and volah......

My Professor here has a loaded 2006 Black Si which is pretty darn gorgeous... i went for a ride in it and i must say it was pretty impressive....the car sounds good and its response is pretty decent...it does wheel spin on 2nd when u dump the clutch but the 4th and 5th gears dont get much response... the interior is also quite nice and the car itself is definetly a head turner... but at a price of $22,000 id honestly put in the extra $6000-$8000 and get the Subaru STi instead....plus the moment u own a Civic around here ur considered a Ricer straight away.... he goes through hell on the NJ turnpike apparently as every teenager wants to race with him....LoL...