• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which Cold Air Intake?

getposition

hey guys need some advice..

I am lookin for a cold air intake for my honda and wondering which one to go with whether i should choose the short ram or the long ??? Also i was considering the weather since winter + rain is coming soon and i dont want any water sucked in to the engine through the intake?? PLEASE ADVICE....... :grinning-smiley-003::blink::(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I am lookin for a cold air intake for my honda and wondering which one to go with whether i should choose the short ram or the long ??? Also i was considering the weather since winter + rain is coming soon and i dont want any water sucked in to the engine through the intake?? PLEASE ADVICE....... :blink:

First of all what type of Honda do you drive? Vtec? Why do you need the a new Air intake system anyway? There are pros and cons of both Short ram and the Cold air intake. Depends ,I read somewhere that If you want power at low RPM's one should say go for the long ram/Cold air Intake, If you want more power at high RPM's to go with the short ram. I would say go for a short ram with a medium lenght tube for best results. Just my experience. With the long ram you you are exposing your breathing to rain and water. but ofcorse colder air is much more efficient in terms of combustion. I too considered the options before and got a K&N Short ram, it's a bit louder but cant have it all.

AEM ,K&N,Pipercross, DCsports are all good.You will not find any trouble finding the right one for you in the US.

This is just my opinion, Mean green might know better, if he's familiar with Variable valve timing as opposed to his high power dragsters :grinning-smiley-003:

• 3 weeks later...

its a VTEC, i was thinking of going with the short ram , price wise its cheaper too, AEM all the way!!!

Use your original Air tube and attach an AEM dry cone intake filter to it.

The original tube is made of plastic unlike after market pipes, so it won't heat itself as much. So in turn the original pipe will keep the intake air cooler. Plus only having to buy a filter will be much cheaper.

this is the only pic i can find:

mac400301.jpg

I am lookin for a cold air intake for my honda and wondering which one to go with whether i should choose the short ram or the long ??? Also i was considering the weather since winter + rain is coming soon and i dont want any water sucked in to the engine through the intake?? PLEASE ADVICE....... :lol:;);):P:(:(:(:(:(:(

Here, refer to this thread

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?showtopic=2107

I took advice from a pro who features in this thread called Porkster and it worked miracles to my Honda Civic.