• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Premio 2007 NZT260 AC Compressor Durability

Y3K

Question

Hi,

I recently faced the problem of ac not working as expected. When I got the problem tested, from the agents it was said to be an issue related to the  compressor (decreased in revs).

When I searched arround I found the issue to be a common one and the durable option was to change the valve in compressor or to replace the compressor.

With some help from this forum itself I was able to locate compressors belonging to 2 makes.

1. Made in Japan/ Denso

20211229_095911.thumb.jpg.cb3f5a6c5bd751118afa2e0bb2da3794.jpg

2. Made in Taiwan 

20211229_095858.thumb.jpg.82bd3ffb5e15c5eacdc76a3709de4279.jpg

Now the warranty of the 2 products are similar. But in many posts the quality aspect of the product was more positive towards Made in Japan part.

When I inquired around for the quality and durability, the answer I got from most ac repairers is that, for Premio in general the compressor starts to fault in about 4 to 5 years regardless of it's make and would require to be replaced. 

Can anyone confirm or defy the above with facts?

(I have not received any records related to an ac repair from the previous owner and I'm the second owner)

Edited by Y3K

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet