• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Electric Supercharger

Overdrive

I'm inspired after seeing the Arial atom !! The Civic Type R engine with a supercharger! that is...

So i am considering fixing my car with an electric Supercharger and did al ittle research on Ebay and came across these to sites. What do you guys think?? 20 bhp approx horse gains, do you think this will work??

Hond Supercharger

More Torque,

25,000 rpm (instantly),

Serious BOOST,

Performance Air filter,

Performance silicone hosing,

Full Fitting kit,

Arm Switch,

Serious Power,

Street Legal,

Easy Fit

ae1da6.jpg

And the other Link

Supercharger 2

6e1sblfx8.jpg

0e1la5.jpg

ab1vz4.jpg

Edited by Overdrive

do you think this will work??

I doubt it will be worth it and here's why

20hp = 746*20 =14920 Watts of power gain | if we assumed that this motor is 80% (which is probably double the actual #) efficient at converting Electrical energy to Mechanical energy, then the battery has to spend 18650Watts = 18KWatts to make 20hp, and thats for one second's use.

It doesnt make sense to convert mech energy to electrical energy and store it in a battery and then convert it back into mech energy to force air into an engine. All this ends up doing is restricting the air flow in.

What works better is to directly use that energy to assist the engine crank. I think eram uses such a system where they use a motor/alternator that directly assists the engine for upto 2 mins. They use a seperate capacitor bank to store all the power needed for the motor to run. When not in use, it works as an alternator. This is the best electrical assist out there and thats how the hybrids work anyway. Couple a 50-100 HP motor to your engine and fill ur trunk with some (exploding) batteries or Caps if funds permit and u will have that instant boost of power at ur finger tip. That way u dont have to yell NOOSSS when someone shoots up ur car :)

atleast thats my 2 cents...

Edited by dhp

do you think this will work??

I doubt it will be worth it and here's why

20hp = 746*20 =14920 Watts of power gain | if we assumed that this motor is 80% (which is probably double the actual #) efficient at converting Electrical energy to Mechanical energy, then the battery has to spend 18650Watts = 18KWatts to make 20hp, and thats for one second's use.

It doesnt make sense to convert mech energy to electrical energy and store it in a battery and then convert it back into mech energy to force air into an engine. All this ends up doing is restricting the air flow in.

What works better is to directly use that energy to assist the engine crank. I think eram uses such a system where they use a motor/alternator that directly assists the engine for upto 2 mins. They use a seperate capacitor bank to store all the power needed for the motor to run. When not in use, it works as an alternator. This is the best electrical assist out there and thats how the hybrids work anyway. Couple a 50-100 HP motor to your engine and fill ur trunk with some (exploding) batteries or Caps if funds permit and u will have that instant boost of power at ur finger tip. That way u dont have to yell NOOSSS when someone shoots up ur car :)

atleast thats my 2 cents...

Well i checked out a eram site and it pretty much IMO seems to do the same thing.

In the FAQ section

"12. Does the e-Ram put a large drain on the alternator?autolanka

Answer: No, the max current draw is 60 amps for the e-RAM, and 120 amps for the Super e-RAM. This is as much as a high powered stereo, headlights, electric radiator cooling fan, or the starter motor on your car. Most car batteries with over 200 cold-cranking amps can handle draws of over 100 amps while the engine is running with no problems. We have even tested the e-RAM and Super e-RAM on motorcycle electrical systems with no problems. The e-RAM generates up to 15 hp gain from drawing over 1hp (831watts) directly from the battery. This has been verified on the dyno and with Volt Meters and Amp Meters. Charging systems work base on voltage drop of the battery, so the burden of the current draw really depends on the condition of your battery. Most batteries in good condition see very little voltage drop for short duration current draws of 60 or 120 amps for 10 to 15 seconds (full-throttle operation of e-RAM). "

Doesn't sound that bad. But i don't know how much of power the Electric supercharger i mentioned drains out for sure.

This is a Civic 1.6l Si '00 fited with an eram onto a cold air intake.

honda00civicsi1600cceralo9.jpg

sorry about giving you the wrong product, I meant to say electrocharger instead of eram....my bad dude:( ...IMHO eram does not work either

btw: 18650 Watts draws over 1500 Amps on a 12V batt, so you would need a CAP bank to provide that kind apower even for a very little time.

again, sorry for the confusion and wasting ur time...

Edited by dhp

Well i checked out a eram site and it pretty much IMO seems to do the same thing.

In the FAQ section

"12. Does the e-Ram put a large drain on the alternator?autolanka

Answer: No, the max current draw is 60 amps for the e-RAM, and 120 amps for the Super e-RAM. This is as much as a high powered stereo, headlights, electric radiator cooling fan, or the starter motor on your car. Most car batteries with over 200 cold-cranking amps can handle draws of over 100 amps while the engine is running with no problems. We have even tested the e-RAM and Super e-RAM on motorcycle electrical systems with no problems. The e-RAM generates up to 15 hp gain from drawing over 1hp (831watts) directly from the battery. This has been verified on the dyno and with Volt Meters and Amp Meters. Charging systems work base on voltage drop of the battery, so the burden of the current draw really depends on the condition of your battery. Most batteries in good condition see very little voltage drop for short duration current draws of 60 or 120 amps for 10 to 15 seconds (full-throttle operation of e-RAM). "

Doesn't sound that bad. But i don't know how much of power the Electric supercharger i mentioned drains out for sure.

This is a Civic 1.6l Si '00 fited with an eram onto a cold air intake.

honda00civicsi1600cceralo9.jpg

Hey dude,

I got one of these sitting in my garage, just took it off my car since I am going real boost, it didn't work for my but ur welcome to it if you want. Send me a mail on [email protected]

Cheers, Porky

Hey dude,

I got one of these sitting in my garage, just took it off my car since I am going real boost, it didn't work for my but ur welcome to it if you want. Send me a mail on [email protected]

Cheers, Porky

Thanks for the offer dude. Why did it not work for you. What car did you try it on?

Thanks for the offer dude. Why did it not work for you. What car did you try it on?

Hey,

Well I guess I didn't know the science as well then and I was a dumbass and bought into all the e-Bay hype including them $20 chips that increase performance, actually the $20 chip does work as it advances your ignition timing but you need to run 95 octane.

My car is a Nissan 200sx (Lucino), you can check my profile, dunno if that link works seems it is always messed :blink:

But hey it might work for you if you want it I got it, we can hook it up and see if it doesn't you can give it back man.

Cheers, Porky

Hey,

Well I guess I didn't know the science as well then and I was a dumbass and bought into all the e-Bay hype including them $20 chips that increase performance, actually the $20 chip does work as it advances your ignition timing but you need to run 95 octane.

My car is a Nissan 200sx (Lucino), you can check my profile, dunno if that link works seems it is always messed :blink:

But hey it might work for you if you want it I got it, we can hook it up and see if it doesn't you can give it back man.

Cheers, Porky

errr smal problem mate! I'm like thousands of miles way.

errr smal problem mate! I'm like thousands of miles way.

Oh :rolleyes: sorry dude, didn't know, well you then have to buy it from me and I can ship it, but honestly dude it doesn't work just a bunch of hogwash, snake oil crap, if you want some decent N/A power just do the following:

Engine:

Branded CAI

Branded Headers

Branded free flow resonator (2" inlet/outlet) - Magnaflow is good so is Aeroturbine

Branded free flow muffler - same as above

Mandrel bent ss piping to connect all the above (2" dia.)

Adjustable fuel pressure regulator - increase psi by 2-3 from stock

Magnecor or Nology plug wires

NGK Platinum spark plugs

Branded lightened flywheel (like Fidanza)

Performance stage 1 clutch and pressure plate - Exedy, ACT

Lightened crank pulley - like Unorthodox Racing

Some sort of synthetic Oil and original filter specified for your car (I use Shell Helix)

If your car is old get a new O2 sensor

Advance ignition timing using a timing light to 13 deg (can go upto 15 depending on car)

If you do the ignition timing advance you have to use only 95+ octane fuel forever

Suspension:

Eibach Sportline or Tein S springs

KYB Agx shocks - set the setting on em to soft (Tokico HP is also good and if ur is a euro car go for Billstein)

Front and rear strut bars - any brand will do

Hope this helps bro, all the other stuff is just gimmicks, Cheers, Porky