• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Outsourcing Scam

fuzzo

anyone here invested in seagull software. for those who don't know, it was basically a work athome outsourcing program. you invest 6500 per slot and you have to do 5 assignments. it takes about 30 mins to finish the slot. the assingments are to go to a site, cut paste some stuff on excel sheet and upload it. not rocket science

the return for this 6500 investment is 4500 monthly. you are "guaranteed" work for 15 months! sounds good right

well aparently they have closed down shop today and fled the country...

read below

http://www.lbo.lk/fullstory.php?newsID=169...p;SEARCH_TERM=2

i wuz scammed!!! sniff :-(.. wel this was my financial supply for car modificationz and boom itz gone.. i lost like a bout 32.5k man... i was warned early only about it closin on nov/dec but hel.. it was ma own stupidity.. some buggerz ve invested like 6 lakhz just last month and its gone.. poor buggers.. why cant the govt look into matters relating to this?

Zz

i wuz scammed!!! sniff :-(.. wel this was my financial supply for car modificationz and boom itz gone.. i lost like a bout 32.5k man... i was warned early only about it closin on nov/dec but hel.. it was ma own stupidity.. some buggerz ve invested like 6 lakhz just last month and its gone.. poor buggers.. why cant the govt look into matters relating to this?

Zz

Dude Zz,

I'm really sorry to hear about this, our coutnry is soooo f*cked with these things, case in point - Pramuka Bank, CBN Sat, Red Systems and now this, but try and get a personal loan or a credit card and miss your payment they castrate you and harass your family.

Aaaaah gotta love it....ooohh and lets not forget the lovely clusterf*ck yesterday with the incompetent cops trying to direct traffic, it took me 4 hours to go from Rajagirya to Btttarramull and Back to Horton Place my trip started at 2:45pm! Considering all the money wasted in burnt fuel the RDA could have installed traffic lights islandwide. Dear fellow drivers why do we put up with this sh*t??

I for one stopped at the Kotte & Rajagiriya Juncs and told the cop off in utter filth :blink: .

Cheers, Prickled Pork

Zz

details of the seagull website frm http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/index.jsp

Registration Service Provided By: ZNET INDIA

Domain Name: SEAGULLSOFTWARES.COM

Registrant:

SEAGULL SOFTWARES PVT.LTD

RAJ SEKHAR ([email protected])

1/2A EAST ABHIRAMPURAM, MYLAPORE

CHENNAI

Tamil Nadu,600021

IN

Tel. +91.4428285452

Creation Date: 06-Nov-2005

Expiration Date: 06-Nov-2009

Domain servers in listed order:

ns7.dnshostnetwork.net

ns8.dnshostnetwork.net

Administrative Contact:

CHENNAI

Tamil Nadu,600021

IN

Tel. +91.4428285452

Technical Contact:

CHENNAI

Tamil Nadu,600021

IN

Tel. +91.4428285452

Billing Contact:

CHENNAI

Tamil Nadu,600021

IN

Tel. +91.4428285452

The data in this whois database is provided to you for information

purposes only, that is, to assist you in obtaining information about or

related to a domain name registration record. We make this information

available "as is", and do not guarantee its accuracy. By submitting a

whois query, you agree that you will use this data only for lawful

purposes and that, under no circumstances will you use this data to:

(1) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that stress or

load this whois database system providing you this information; or

(2) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass

unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via fascimile,

electronic mail, or by telephone. The compilation, repackaging,

dissemination or other use of this data is expressly prohibited without

prior written consent from us. The registrar of record is

PublicDomainRegistry. We reserve the right to modify

these terms at any time. By submitting this query, you agree to abide

by these terms.

The previous information has been obtained either directly from the registrant or a registrar of the domain name other than Network Solutions. Network Solutions, therefore, does not guarantee its accuracy or completeness.

Show underlying registry data for this record

Current Registrar: DIRECT INFORMATION PVT LTD D/B/A PUBLICDOMAINREGISTRY.COM

IP Address: 66.232.103.149 (ARIN & RIPE IP search)

IP Location: US(UNITED STATES)-FLORIDA-TAMPA

Record Type: Domain Name

Server Type: IIS 6

Lock Status: ACTIVE

Web Site Status: Active

DMOZ no listings

Y! Directory: see listings

Secure: No

E-commerce: No

Traffic Ranking: 3

Data as of: 25-Jul-2006

When you register a domain name, current policies require that the contact information for your domain name registration be included in a public database known as WHOIS. To learn about actions you can take to protect your WHOIS information visit www.internetprivacyadvocate.org.

NOTICE AND TERMS OF USE: You are not authorized to access or query our WHOIS database through the use of high-volume, automated, electronic processes or for the purpose or purposes of using the data in any manner that violates these terms of use. The Data in Network Solutions' WHOIS database is provided by Network Solutions for information purposes only, and to assist persons in obtaining information about or related to a domain name registration record. Network Solutions does not guarantee its accuracy. By submitting a WHOIS query, you agree to abide by the following terms of use: You agree that you may use this Data only for lawful purposes and that under no circumstances will you use this Data to: (1) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via direct mail, e-mail, telephone, or facsimile; or (2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that apply to Network Solutions (or its computer systems). The compilation, repackaging, dissemination or other use of this Data is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Network Solutions. You agree not to use high-volume, automated, electronic processes to access or query the WHOIS database. Network Solutions reserves all rights and remedies it now has or may have in the future, including, but not limited to, the right to terminate your access to the WHOIS database in its sole discretion, for any violations by you of these terms of use, including without limitation, for excessive querying of the WHOIS database or for failure to otherwise abide by these terms of use. Network Solutions reserves the right to modify these terms at any time.

Dude Zz,

I'm really sorry to hear about this, our coutnry is soooo f*cked with these things, case in point - Pramuka Bank, CBN Sat, Red Systems and now this, but try and get a personal loan or a credit card and miss your payment they castrate you and harass your family.

Aaaaah gotta love it....ooohh and lets not forget the lovely clusterf*ck yesterday with the incompetent cops trying to direct traffic, it took me 4 hours to go from Rajagirya to Btttarramull and Back to Horton Place my trip started at 2:45pm! Considering all the money wasted in burnt fuel the RDA could have installed traffic lights islandwide. Dear fellow drivers why do we put up with this sh*t??

I for one stopped at the Kotte & Rajagiriya Juncs and told the cop off in utter filth :blink: .

Cheers, Prickled Pork

Bah... what to do.. cant blame the freakin country for everythin yeah? lolz.. it was plain stupidity dude.. seriously.. the signs were so clear and I fell into the trap.. oh wel.. a lesson learnt yeah? I just heard some poor dudez have borrowed big time from their pals etc. and just invested last month.. salli escaped! 1 dude to the tune of upto 6 lakhs!!! The govt should play a bloody role in preventing these type of organizations coming into existence but hel.. we probably got the laziest bunch o people in their seats.. there z another one about.. www.ciahomejobs.com or some shit.. suspected scam too.. lolz..

hehe.. didnt get caught to any traffic.. was busy @ the seagull headquarters tryin to get more info.. wonder why the sudden change in traffic plans.. somethin fishy happenin cuz one of ma pals told me that there institutes closed due to security reasons too... eevryone.. be alert! lmao... i guess it would be affordable having some flying shit to go around in this traffic... ;-)

Zz

dude.. i could come up with a review about how hell dis shit is planned but that would take a while and kinda pointless since it already happened... they tried to cash in on the goodwill of www.seagullsoftware.com and that had me thinking but since they were payin i just kept shut..

their sites offline.. though stil rumours going around and around the mulberry bush.. god knows whether dis is gonna be a freakin pramuka scenario... for those who were registered with seagull and got scrwed literally.. www.seagullmembers.com .. a group to protest o some shit against this...

modz - i hope its k putting up those links.. it is infact to assist those who have lost big time with seagull.. :-)

Zz

yesterday i went to MT seagull commpany to buy 25 slots and saw lods of ppl and cops infront of Seagull company and i asked one police officer and he told me ppl attacked the seagull office and done a major damage and some try to steal computers and other valuable stuff and he told me owners r missing and the seagull thing is over, the owner of the seagull company earned 90Mill SLR

anyway i feel so sad abt us cus we all want to earn quick money anyway some have invested 1 lack to 1 Mill so sad sene for then ohh and i lost 13000 Rs he he

yeah i find more and more people that i know have been involved in this and lost quite a bit of money...

they did mention that they would not issue anymore slots after the end of oct...so because of this, people purfchased a lot more slots this month...

don't feel bad brothers... it's a lesson to learn that you can't fool yourself into riches... i was swindled some years ago into buying some stolen electronic goods... didn't know they were stolen but at the end of the day i didn't have the money or goods... it was only 20k so the damage was minute...

i was invited by a friend to join this scheme but i kindly declined and told him to let me know when he actually gets some sort of return THEN i'd be convinced... well i hope he didn't pump too much either...

anyways there's no such thing as easy money... drug lords have it hard too you know :blink:

Hey guys,

I can suggest if someone has any contacts with the press they should get this info out, probably will be useless in the short term as always in all things in SL but the more these things are exposed in Media the more our people will learn. Awareness is always better than bankruptcy.

Cheers, Porky

Hey guys,

I can suggest if someone has any contacts with the press they should get this info out, probably will be useless in the short term as always in all things in SL but the more these things are exposed in Media the more our people will learn. Awareness is always better than bankruptcy.

Cheers, Porky

there was a atricle in Lankadeepa and that day cosp didnt alow any media to enter seagull office, anyway i saw some cameraman trying to take pics

whatz really bothering me is why the govt based newspaper have not carried a mere article relating to this scheme.. swarnavahini check.. they kinda spoke about it and certain non-govt based newspapers did carry it .. not Daily News etc. Why? Is it the govt trying to sidestep and avoid blame or what???

Zz

whatz really bothering me is why the govt based newspaper have not carried a mere article relating to this scheme.. swarnavahini check.. they kinda spoke about it and certain non-govt based newspapers did carry it .. not Daily News etc. Why? Is it the govt trying to sidestep and avoid blame or what???

Zz

Yo Z,

That's prolly exactly what it is the big Gs have screwed up yet again and we the consumer got the big pole rammed up our heinies, so we gotta smile n take it like a gay man oboyoboyoboy :blink:

PATHETIC!

Cheers, Porky

Yo Z,

That's prolly exactly what it is the big Gs have screwed up yet again and we the consumer got the big pole rammed up our heinies, so we gotta smile n take it like a gay man oboyoboyoboy :jumping-smiley-013:

PATHETIC!

Cheers, Porky

LMAO!! lemme update you with some info.. Seagull wanted their members to open NTB accounts so as to direct debit their salaryz into it.. NTB seemingly couldnt handle such a large transaction and thus the money was deposited into the Indian ICIC Bank.. have a pal working their who says that 200 million was withdrawn from the account and currently left with 35k. These accounts are registered under the names of buggers who worked at seagul! Shit scene eh.. rumour going around too that Mt. Lavania police were in dis scheme..

Good grief.. i guess the pole would take some time to forced out lolz!

However, this shit scene should NOT go unnoticed despite people being involved or not.. after all it is their bloody govt which has to look after em.. those overweight/overfed luxury vehicle drivin lunaticz wouldnt care two hoots it seems as per 2day...

Interestin commentz relatin to this scam :- http://www.lbo.lk/blogComment.php?newsID=1690636411

Zz

Edited by neXGen

Hi Guys,

Not to be harsh on anybody over here, but I don't think there is any point blaming the government for this fiasco, and especially when scams are conducted by foreign companies over a very short period of time the law doesnt quite have the time to

A. Realise something isn't quite right

B. Gather enough evidence to launch case against them,

And also Sri Lankan law is still in its infant stages when it comes to international scams, don't blame the law for that, the law cannot be proactive and protect people against things that does not exist, unfortunately its only when shit things like this happen does the law catch up, this is not a sri lankan problem its a world wide problem, especially rampant in developed countries, because electronic crime happens on a massive level there.

I do feel for all of you guys who fell for this scam and the gold crest scam before this, and that atleast the government managed to stop dead on its tracks by passing new laws.

This particular scam is so unique apart from the fact it may have been obvious to some as being "too good to be true" i dont think anybody could have seen it coming.

If the company still exists in another country i think you can still petition there, and I think the CID in SL handles all fraud related cases, and I guess the only thing that can be done is to report the case, and then press the CID to do something, Good luck guys,

also I think another scam to keep an eye out for is the "network marketing scam", remember in any pyramid scheme, only the people higher up the pyramid actually make something out of it and at some point or the other there would have to be losers cos thats just how a pyramid is

Regards,

The Don

Hi Guys,

Not to be harsh on anybody over here, but I don't think there is any point blaming the government for this fiasco, and especially when scams are conducted by foreign companies over a very short period of time the law doesnt quite have the time to

And also Sri Lankan law is still in its infant stages when it comes to international scams, don't blame the law for that, the law cannot be proactive and protect people against things that does not exist, unfortunately its only when shit things like this happen does the law catch up, this is not a sri lankan problem its a world wide problem, especially rampant in developed countries, because electronic crime happens on a massive level there.

I do feel for all of you guys who fell for this scam and the gold crest scam before this, and that atleast the government managed to stop dead on its tracks by passing new laws.

This particular scam is so unique apart from the fact it may have been obvious to some as being "too good to be true" i dont think anybody could have seen it coming.

If the company still exists in another country i think you can still petition there, and I think the CID in SL handles all fraud related cases, and I guess the only thing that can be done is to report the case, and then press the CID to do something, Good luck guys,

also I think another scam to keep an eye out for is the "network marketing scam", remember in any pyramid scheme, only the people higher up the pyramid actually make something out of it and at some point or the other there would have to be losers cos thats just how a pyramid is

Regards,

The Don

The reasons for me thinking that the govt should be blamed is that its citizen have undergone such schemez earlier and I would assume that there would be proactive measures in place to protect more people from being duped later on. I do agree nevertheless, that the law is in its infant stage man.. but it should be a policy that each and every business is scrutinized before given them operation status.. i mean.. this particular scam advertised their business in the leading newspapers.. wouldnt that give enough publicity for the govt to realize that there "might" be somethin wrong? especially when the advertising alone mentions of a slot being 6.5k and earn a monthly salary of 4k..

Each and every person in SL knows/wouldve known about this a few months back because it was REAL famous man... from tri-shaw drivers to managers o companies, people from al positions started buyin the slots.. but yeah dude.. the govt cant possibly look after each and everythin happenin over here in LK but @least.. they could have "tried"??!!

and this is bloody unique don buddy! i cant help bein fantasized by the length dese indian bastardz ve gone 2 get dis thin thru... just think.. dey ve cashed in the goodwil of www.seagullsoftware.com .. dey relied on human nature to persuade the people to get the slots.. dey ve rented a buildin 2 b dere office.. shit! da list goes on!!

unfortunately i dnt think anythin could b done cuz da buggers outta da country n most probably fake names.. though, this servez as a good lesson to everyone!

Zz

You are correct man, but in a country where most businesses don't even file tax returns, and aren't even investigated. So it is indeed the responsibility of the authorities to subject businesses to close scrutiny.

But man at the same time, we all know the status of our authorities and its a commonly known fact the gaping holes in our law enforcement agencies,

So that being the case and that being well known isnt it also upto us to protect our own asses ?.

I mean man if your car does not have traction control, and you decide to speed arround in snow and ice, can you blame the fact that your car didn't have traction control (which you know it doesn't) when you crash into some tree on the road side.

Be safe people, everybody's after a quick buck, and a lot of people at other peoples expense,

I live in the UK thesedays man and you want believe the amount of pyramid schemes operating here, the problem is man until these companies actually do something illegal the law can't really do anything, the law doesn't preseume.

In SL atleast after the goldcrest? scam there is specific law out there against pyramid schemes, but such law doesnt exist over here man, so in a way our government is doing a better job at it he he, whether such law will stand up in court is a different matter man, problem is its very difficult to define a pyramid scheme,

I mean there is absolutely nothing illegal about saying if you give me 6000 RS I will give you 12000 back, i mean it sounds a stupid thing to do but there is nothing illegal about it he he.......... so we know something is up and thats obvious, its impossible, but until they take the money and run its completely within the law, and companies like goldcrest still operate, just not in sri lanka but thats a different sort of scam, what spoofed the government then was all the foreign currency flowing out of SL destabalising the rupee,

anyways man i am sure you learned a good lesson this time, just be safe man, i wish you the best,

The Don

You are correct man, but in a country where most businesses don't even file tax returns, and aren't even investigated. So it is indeed the responsibility of the authorities to subject businesses to close scrutiny.

But man at the same time, we all know the status of our authorities and its a commonly known fact the gaping holes in our law enforcement agencies,

So that being the case and that being well known isnt it also upto us to protect our own asses ?.

I mean man if your car does not have traction control, and you decide to speed arround in snow and ice, can you blame the fact that your car didn't have traction control (which you know it doesn't) when you crash into some tree on the road side.

Be safe people, everybody's after a quick buck, and a lot of people at other peoples expense,

I live in the UK thesedays man and you want believe the amount of pyramid schemes operating here, the problem is man until these companies actually do something illegal the law can't really do anything, the law doesn't preseume.

In SL atleast after the goldcrest? scam there is specific law out there against pyramid schemes, but such law doesnt exist over here man, so in a way our government is doing a better job at it he he, whether such law will stand up in court is a different matter man, problem is its very difficult to define a pyramid scheme,

I mean there is absolutely nothing illegal about saying if you give me 6000 RS I will give you 12000 back, i mean it sounds a stupid thing to do but there is nothing illegal about it he he.......... so we know something is up and thats obvious, its impossible, but until they take the money and run its completely within the law, and companies like goldcrest still operate, just not in sri lanka but thats a different sort of scam, what spoofed the government then was all the foreign currency flowing out of SL destabalising the rupee,

anyways man i am sure you learned a good lesson this time, just be safe man, i wish you the best,

The Don

Yeah man.. gotta be thankful for our govt putting its foot forward in some way yeah? :-) as said in another forum.. we got royally f**ked by the indianz.. lolz..

Zz

Yeah, i am 100% sure its just a matter of time till the next scheme comes on, and the irony is sometimes the people who get into the scheme first actually make some money (cos the scammers need to show it works to recruite more people into the scheme),

Some say greed is the root of all evil ............

Hi Guys,

Regards,

The Don

how much time does the law require to find out about a business??? This so called seagull software was in operation for 10 months! 10 months is a reasonably long time for any law my friend. maybe sri lanka is in its infant stages wen it comes to a law, but i believe theres something wrong with the freaking law for them not to spot this one!! lucky for me i didnt dump in money there, but im pissed with the 'law'!

really cant believe ppl fell for this, the signs were all there, there was something wrong right from the start. they say money makes money, but its actually money+HARDWORK that makes money. invest wisely.

alfaQ