• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bora For Carina

neasmh

Hey guys, is it worth to exchange a Carina 1.5 with volkswagen Bora 1.6?

Well your maintenance and running costs would probably be higher with the Bora but the bora's probably more solid than the carina and much nicer to have.

If you're willing to fork out the extra $$ and deal with Carmart who arent great by reputation.

then go for the Bora.

Definetely go for the bora. Its way better than the carina. Maybe not in terms of fuel economy and reliability, but it looks way nicer, its sportier, and more lxurious. I saw a bora in the paper a G series no plate, triptronic, JBL setup, for only 1.6 million. At that price its really worth it.

Definetely go for the bora. Its way better than the carina. Maybe not in terms of fuel economy and reliability, but it looks way nicer, its sportier, and more lxurious. I saw a bora in the paper a G series no plate, triptronic, JBL setup, for only 1.6 million. At that price its really worth it.

Remember price is in relation to condition. This sounds too low for a car in a good state

Carina - 1998 Dec (Done 85000 km) , Bora - 2001 Brand New. And there was 2002 brand new one for 1.7 mil.

Did you see which price you can sell your Carina? See the market price of the Bora. And check the average maintainance cost of the Bora.

A Bora would be good if you can afford the maintainance

in terms of SL starndards, you should keep the carina coz it has would be easier to sell than the bora....

i had a bora/jetta in the US as a loaner car... it was quite peppy...

I'm using the carina since 2000. And i'm looking for a new car that has a prestige look for the same cost. I can't spend any extra money too.

what wud be a good car that i can buy?

Did you see which price you can sell your Carina? See the market price of the Bora. And check the average maintainance cost of the Bora.

A Bora would be good if you can afford the maintainance

One of my friends doing car dealing and askd him about the price of 99 carinas. He said he can sell this one for 1.8-1.85. And the Bora price is 15-17lakhs. There was a paper ad for 1.6 2001 bora.

Can manage Sevicing n all.

will i get any major repairs with the bora?

Edited by neasmh

and not a motor freak.. but expense wise.. it would be cheaper and far more easier to maintain a common brand of motorvehicles namely Toyota, Nissan etc. rather than brands like VW, Audi etc... if i were you.. i d stick to the Carina.. good quality stuf ya ve already got!

Zz

One of my friends doing car dealing and askd him about the price of 99 carinas. He said he can sell this one for 1.8-1.85. And the Bora price is 15-17lakhs. There was a paper ad for 1.6 2001 bora.

Can manage Sevicing n all.

will i get any major repairs with the bora?

I know a contact at NDB where they once purchased 4 Passats, 4 Boras for their managment team and they had some suspension and air con issues with the Passat. 2 Boras had its rear suspension changed. But then again those were driven out station it seems.

Personaly i think Bora is good as its a VW and its stylish too. If you think you can afford a big bill i think go for it. And besides, i dont think it will be a "leda Waattuwa"

I know a contact at NDB where they once purchased 4 Passats, 4 Boras for their managment team and they had some suspension and air con issues with the Passat. 2 Boras had its rear suspension changed. But then again those were driven out station it seems.

Personaly i think Bora is good as its a VW and its stylish too. If you think you can afford a big bill i think go for it. And besides, i dont think it will be a "leda Waattuwa"

Thanks for the information. I ll put more attention in those issues.

Are there any other options than the Bora which i can buy, for the price of the carina? (ie around 1.8mil)

Edited by neasmh

i can confirm this story. i think these cars doesn't go well with our dusty/humid atmosphere. i heard that even engine or transmission oil had be changed quite often.

Edited by JwesT

wht wub be the major problems that i may find with the car? (hope you are using a VW)

My 2 cents...

Stick with the Carina or sell it and buy another Toyota. Bora is not a good option to Sri Lanka unless you are willing to spend quiet a lot on the maintenance side.