• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Market Price Of Some Car Models

A1979

I'm looking to by either of following car models.

1) Kia Rio

2) Hyundai Accent

3) Hyundai Matrix

What could be the going market prices for these cars in Sri Lanka? Re-cond, registered etc? Experts Please advice. BTW am I posting this unde right topic?

I'm looking to by either of following car models.

1) Kia Rio

2) Hyundai Accent

3) Hyundai Matrix

What could be the going market prices for these cars in Sri Lanka? Re-cond, registered etc? Experts Please advice. BTW am I posting this unde right topic?

Hi A1979! Welcome to AL man :alc:

Well I would not know about the KIA but the recon price of the Hyundai Accent is around Rs. 1.3mil for the basic trim and around 1.4Mil for the Full option trim. I saw a Matrix (recon/unregistered) a couple of months ago for 1.55Mil. was pretty surprised with that price but I guess that must be the deal. Good luck in shopping around. Just one question. May I ask why you are down to the Korean stuff? Is it because of prices or is it something else? ;)

What year are you looking for?

I bought my 2002 kia rio cinco(hatch) LS a year ago for 1.4million. Now i think you would be able to get one used for about 1.275. The cars registered some time back might be a bit cheaper. The sedan will be a bit cheaper probably about 1.225. Thats the LS version. The RS which is cheaper is manual, the LS most of the time auto. The 2001/2002 accents are also in the same price bracket. A 2003 rio base model can go unregistered for about 1.3. The accent again about the same price. Matrix's can go used for about 1.6million for the 1.6l, to about 1.375 for a 1.3l.

What exactly are you looking for? manual/auto? leather/cloth? 1300cc/1500cc/1600cc?

In regards of reliabilty, I still havent had any problems with the rio, and seems brilliant on the road. It's spacious and has all the necessary options. Its even quite fast, with a top speed of 186km/h, and a 0-60 acceleration of 11.2seconds. Which is not bad for a hatch of its class.

May I ask why you are down to the Korean stuff? Is it because of prices or is it something else? ;)

:alc: People go for korean because they have all the options of other cars in their class, and cost half as much. My dads sonata was caught in the tsunami and after recovering it a few days later, it only had a few dents after being carried of by the wave 10 km away. For a matter of fact, the insurance condemned in it, and apparently someone bought it and its still being used on the road today. Now thats strong build quality.

Edited by streetKIA

Actually im 100% satisfied with my hyundai Accent and nw i used that car for more than 2 yrs without any trouble and the milage is 76000 and the car performance is very gud, anyway i thought to sell it and buy a Honda or a gud recon car bt my car city fuel economy is abt 13 so still cant decide wut to do :alc:

imagejl5.jpg

Actually im 100% satisfied with my hyundai Accent and nw i used that car for more than 2 yrs without any trouble and the milage is 76000 and the car performance is very gud, anyway i thought to sell it and buy a Honda or a gud recon car bt my car city fuel economy is abt 13 so still cant decide wut to do :alc:

13kmpl? have u done any mods?

u did all these to KIA

Actually its a Hyundai

ones nirosh race my Accant with a very famous EG8 ( Vtec ) and my accent won that race and i race with my friends old EG8 with Duel carb and the result is a draw,, not bad ha anyway that day we change the air fuel ratio using a Apexi Super AFC, bt nw i dnt have those stuff and with the weight of the body kit im not gona drag ... bt sooner or later im coming back

What sorta dumbass unnecessary question is that? It's none of ur business what he mods. Or do u think only Honda owners have a right to add mods to their cars? :alc: Christ, some ppl...

;) anyway many ppl help me to tune my car so my special thaks goes to them

lasi, nirosh, nige, nilantha etc..

19bo3.jpg

111bj3.jpg

112ph5.jpg

110ca3.jpg

Edited by GihanFX

Yo ho! Autolanka. Thanks for all u'r responses. I never expected this much of help from a Sri Lankan forum "-)

Anyways, I'm indifferent between Auto and Mannual (Will do with anything ;-) )

Cloth seating will be ok.

For some one's question about why Korean stuff.................

Actually I know, Korean stuff are cheap, and it's the best option I have to go bellow Rs 1.4m for unregistered or a relatively new registered car. Yes price does matter!

And also, I don't believe Korean stuff are always poor in quality. Same allegation was there for Japanese stuff during 70's and 80's, against European cars.

So, a Kia rio unregistered (sedan) is affordable around Rs 1.2 mn? That's great to hear. Will go around shopping and see.

What year are you looking for?

I bought my 2002 kia rio cinco(hatch) LS a year ago for 1.4million. Now i think you would be able to get one used for about 1.275. The cars registered some time back might be a bit cheaper. The sedan will be a bit cheaper probably about 1.225. Thats the LS version. The RS which is cheaper is manual, the LS most of the time auto. The 2001/2002 accents are also in the same price bracket. A 2003 rio base model can go unregistered for about 1.3. The accent again about the same price. Matrix's can go used for about 1.6million for the 1.6l, to about 1.375 for a 1.3l.

What exactly are you looking for? manual/auto? leather/cloth? 1300cc/1500cc/1600cc?

In regards of reliabilty, I still havent had any problems with the rio, and seems brilliant on the road. It's spacious and has all the necessary options. Its even quite fast, with a top speed of 186km/h, and a 0-60 acceleration of 11.2seconds. Which is not bad for a hatch of its class.

:rolleyes: People go for korean because they have all the options of other cars in their class, and cost half as much. My dads sonata was caught in the tsunami and after recovering it a few days later, it only had a few dents after being carried of by the wave 10 km away. For a matter of fact, the insurance condemned in it, and apparently someone bought it and its still being used on the road today. Now thats strong build quality.

Take it easy KIA man.........I didn't mean to underestimate the Korean cars......heck I gotta bling Sonata with big ass 17's cruising around town so I'm not surporised why he would want to go for the breed but I wud just like to know why Korean when you have so many other options like the Suzukis etc......the reason behind A1979's decision intrigues me cause this must be his first crossover from Japs to Korean (and that's a big decision for anyone when you have no experience with these models).............but I guess like ya said price will be the first factor he wud be considering....

:blink: WHAT?? when and where did you see a Mighty Ass Accent take down an R-34 GTR?? I wanna see if there is a clip or somethin.... Boo bling Unbelievable!!!!!! Pls do tell???

its the WRC version, top gear tested Accent wrc with the mighty Skyline and the Accent wrc won very easily

2001 Hyundai Accent WRC

Model Accent WRC

Drive Type 4WD

Engine

Cylinders 4

Aspiration/Induction Turbocharged

Displacement 1998.00 cc | 121.9 cu in. | 2 L.

Valves 16 valves.

4 valves per cylinder.

Horsepower 300.00 HP (220.8 KW)

Torque 500.00 NM (368.7 Ft-Lbs)

HP / Liter 150.0 BHP / Liter

Transmission Information

Gears 6

Transmission Manual

Dimensions

Seating Capacity 2

Exterior

Length 166.701 in | 4234.2 mm.

Width 65.701 in | 1668.8 mm.

Height 54.901 in | 1394.5 mm.

Wheelbase 54.901 in | 1394.5 mm.

:blink: WHAT?? when and where did you see a Mighty Ass Accent take down an R-34 GTR?? I wanna see if there is a clip or somethin.... Boo bling Unbelievable!!!!!! Pls do tell???

Can probably find it on google video or so many online video sites. Gihan has given u the specs. Its got 4wd and more ponies than the Sky. Probably much lighter too. Forget specific output, its power-to-weight it probably leagues better. Also keep in mind a very short ratio gearbox. Maybe the Sky can take it on a long run, but in the 400m sprint, its seconds behind. Alister McRae in the Accent, Vikki Butler Henderson in the GT-R.

Think its 5th Gear, Gihan. I have it at home, I'll check it.

Think its 5th Gear, Gihan. I have it at home, I'll check it.

Oh thanx, u know i save all Top gear and 5th Gear videos to a one folder abt 16.5GB, in early days i thought top gear and 5th gear is a one programme bt nw its too late to create 2 folders :blink:

anyway i saved it as Top Gear .. he he

222ts5.jpg

Oh thanx, u know i save all Top gear and 5th Gear videos to a one folder abt 16.5GB, in early days i thought top gear and 5th gear is a one programme bt nw its too late to create 2 folders :blink:

Oh well, it might be top gear anyway. Its a BBC World showing. I think they show 5th gear on another channel

Oh thanx, u know i save all Top gear and 5th Gear videos to a one folder abt 16.5GB, in early days i thought top gear and 5th gear is a one programme bt nw its too late to create 2 folders :D

222ts5.jpg

heheheee!! so many familair Thumbnails!!!!!