• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Recommendations For Suspension Work?

sharkster

Question

i've been hearing some metal clunking noises from what i suspect is my left lower arm... i hear it even when i drive slow over a mildly rough road... NO POTHOLES! i don't want to take it to A*W this time cos i'm on a bit of a tight budget and afraid of what they'd throw at me... i can get the genuine parts from Pioneer but i need a competent mechanic to diagnose the problem instead of taking it apart blindly and replacing more than needed...

need recommendations urgently cos i need to get this checked this weekend...

20 answers to this question

Shaks, dunno if you would like the place cos its nothing fancy, but my choice mechanic for mechanical work is Wasantha down baseline road, its the garrage to your left as soon as you jump the rail crossing,

Very nice buwa, always service with a smile, but what i most like about him is efficiency (i once managed to get my steering replaced in a matter of hours after taking it there, he got to work on it straight away) and the fact he genuinely cares about your concerns (like most people take you for a joke since they consider themselves the all knowing mechanic while you the ignorrent customer),

He also changed the engine on my car, top quality work machan, no complains, purrs like a kitten (even did all the hard work of finding the engine and getting it for a cheap price)

He also tunes Mr Serasinghe's car, you'll see it parked outside.

If you go to him, just say the "mahatta with the black mitsu mirage" told you to come to him, not that i'll get anything out of it, but you know its a small country, he he, a very good friend of mine referred him to me as well.

The Don

update...

wasantha diagnosed the ailments today... rack ends and tie rods plus the lower arm bushes... i won't have to replace the entire lower arm which is a huge relief... unfortunately he can't start work today cos he's full but told me to leave the car with him on monday and i can pick it up on my way back from work... i've bought the genuine goods... set me back 12k... praying that he doesn't find something else when he takes it apart :lol:

Don't worry man, Wasantha is not the sort, to do underhand shit like that, most of the time I leave it to him to source the parts, and I haven't got ripped off yet, so I don't see why you should either, have some faith will you, not everybodys out for a quick buck.

Don't worry man, Wasantha is not the sort, to do underhand shit like that, most of the time I leave it to him to source the parts, and I haven't got ripped off yet, so I don't see why you should either, have some faith will you, not everybodys out for a quick buck.

you've misunderstood don... where i source my parts i get big discounts cos i'm a regular... there's no point wasantha going cos they'd charge him retail prices :lol: i just saved 3k's by buying it myself...it also saves him the trouble of carrying that load to panchi and looking for them...

Edited by sharkster

you've misunderstood don... where i source my parts i get big discounts cos i'm a regular... there's no point wasantha going cos they'd charge him retail prices ;) i just saved 3k's by buying it myself...it also saves him the trouble of carrying that load to panchi and looking for them...

Gee, can u source them next time I need parts? willing to split the savings 50-50 :lol:

you've misunderstood don... where i source my parts i get big discounts cos i'm a regular... there's no point wasantha going cos they'd charge him retail prices :lol: i just saved 3k's by buying it myself...it also saves him the trouble of carrying that load to panchi and looking for them...

Sorry Shaks, I misread it, I understood it as if you were suggesting he will swap your original goodies to cheaper stuff, which is obviously not what you are suggesting and of course he wouldn't do that,

Yeah I would do the same if I got such good discounts, but due to the very low mileage my familys cars get we are rarely regulars at any motor shop ha ha, and thus never enjoyed such priviledges.

Ha ha but when it comes to computer parts thats a different matter, noticable discounts from all over the Unity Plaza there the only priviledge i had (and my friends had when i was arround), but now you guys have Fuzzo for that.

Gee, can u source them next time I need parts? willing to split the savings 50-50 :lol:

no problem...

Sorry Shaks, I misread it, I understood it as if you were suggesting he will swap your original goodies to cheaper stuff, which is obviously not what you are suggesting and of course he wouldn't do that,

Yeah I would do the same if I got such good discounts, but due to the very low mileage my familys cars get we are rarely regulars at any motor shop ha ha, and thus never enjoyed such priviledges.

Ha ha but when it comes to computer parts thats a different matter, noticable discounts from all over the Unity Plaza there the only priviledge i had (and my friends had when i was arround), but now you guys have Fuzzo for that.

well when you have two nissans you buy twice as much ;) it's my one stop nissan shop...

fuzzo is only a contact for intel goods... and when we mention his name at dealers they frown ;)

Edited by sharkster

Ha ha ha, I used to have a very good contact for dealing with dealers ha ha, his dad was the director of customs baggage division then, so everybody is shit scared of this dude (somewhat) exceptional discounts, but he has since moved onto another branch of government service.

I used to work in that joint sometime back, while i was doing my HND, cos i had nothing else to do, and a friend of mine opened a shop, so i know my way arround the joint somewaht, and get decent rates for old times sake ha ha ha.

The Don

spent the day at the garage... wasantha realised that my rack ends were still good... exchanged them for stabiliser links which i had to replace anyway... got some cash BACK ;)

my calliper pins needed brushing up too... one of them was stuck!!

anyways... job's complete... the car handles like a bi*ch and i'm a happy puppy... a grand total of about 15k's which i didn't find too harsh at all...

thanks for the contact don and hefraz... he does some very good work... fast and reasonable...

i'm off to drive aimlessly on the twistiesss :D

spent the day at the garage... wasantha realised that my rack ends were still good... exchanged them for stabiliser links which i had to replace anyway... got some cash BACK ;)

my calliper pins needed brushing up too... one of them was stuck!!

anyways... job's complete... the car handles like a bi*ch and i'm a happy puppy... a grand total of about 15k's which i didn't find too harsh at all...

thanks for the contact don and hefraz... he does some very good work... fast and reasonable...

i'm off to drive aimlessly on the twistiesss :D

Good scene dude! I too have just gotten to know the feeling of a lovely new suspension setup cause I changed my upper arm bushes, ball joints, rack ends and stabilizer links over the weekend. Cost me about 20k with the labor done at Autoforce. Damn they did a good job and I'll recommend them to anyone even though their work is a tad expensive. (a big tad!) No hassle no katta! Professional job.