• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

SLARDAR & SL-GT Championship - 2006

fuzzo

congrats dinesh on winning the championship... it was a good race..and props to getting your car going as well after you mishap.

also the other competitors gave a good run..specially aravinda...too bad about his car.

Edited by fuzzo

the first GT event was a mad rush with aravinda clawing at dinesh's tail for the first half of the race... unfortunately things slowed down and everyone seemed to take it easy after aravinda's mishap... congrats dinesh, it's good to see your car recovered and well...

oh and the M3 was being pushed like there was no tomorrow... never seen jey keep up with those evos before...

It was a great race after a long time. Specially 1st race good battle between DD & AP for some time till AP blown his engine. may be due to unaffordable heat generated by NOS.

Nice to see Dinesh grab the SLARDAR championship after 3 years & 1st SL-GT championship in his Evo 9 GT with 4 Victories out of 11 races for the year 2006.

After katu Race 1 & Race 2 Champioship standings for both SLARDAR & SL-GT as follows ,

SLARDAR Championship

Winner - Dinesh Deheragoda 65 Points

1st Runner up - Janaka Dias 50 Points

2nd Runnerup - Reyaz Farook 50 Points

3rd Runner up - Aravinda Premadasa 40 Points

SL-GT Championship

Winner - Dinesh Deheragoda 69 Points

1st Runner up - Reyaz Farook 67 Points

2nd Runner up- Janaka Dias 61 Points

3rd Runner up - Aravinda Premadasa 44 Points

I Wish all the very best to all the competitors for their achievements and nice to see some good action in 2007 Season. :D

Well done Dinesh! Even better result given the fact you had to put the car together in such a short time!

Anyone have pics???

arent you guys refering to Dinesh J ?

Also Congrats to Ravi on winning the Starlet GT one make event.. WELL DONE MAN... !!... :D

Team Autolanka Congratulates Dinesh Deheragoda for winning the SLARDAR championship as well as SL-GT championship for the year 2006 !!

We also would like to wish rest of the competitors specially the young talented Janaka Dias who showed a great potential with his Subaru WRX and Reyaz Farook, Aravinda Premadasa and rest of the competitors.

SLARDAR Championship

Winner - Dinesh Deheragoda 65 Points

1st Runner up - Janaka Dias 50 Points

2nd Runnerup - Reyaz Farook 50 Points

3rd Runner up - Aravinda Premadasa 40 Points

SL-GT Championship

Winner - Dinesh Deheragoda 69 Points

1st Runner up - Reyaz Farook 67 Points

2nd Runner up- Janaka Dias 61 Points

3rd Runner up - Aravinda Premadasa 44 Points

p1010057tq5.jpg

p1010060bs7.jpg

More pictures & videos coming soooon....!!

Newsflash Draggy. There are cars in the local race scene other than Hondas, and one needed fixing after crashing at Gajaba :D

I thought it was Dinesh J's car that crashed at Gajaba ?.. wasnt it ?

Congrats to Dinesh Deheragoda.. one of the greatest guys I have ever met.. very down to earth guy never has his pride up like some others.. WELL DONE MAN.. YOUR THE MAN...

cant wait for the pics...

Congrats Dinesh!!!!!

from the comments above i see it had been quite a day at the tracks!!!!

Glad to know that the Evo9 was ready to race and did so without any mishaps!!!

Hope to see more such racing next year!!!

:D

and a hand to all the other driver on the top of the points-table.. great job indeed!!!

Good Job Dinesh! Great Recovery with car in such a short space of time. It's good to see races just picking them selves up again and doing what you do best after the earlier mishap! Just the way it should be!!

Keep it up and all the best. :wacko::D

Edited by Overdrive

Thank you for all you guys Madz, Fuzzo, Pilawoos, Miniace, Sharkster, Grand Civic, Velocity, Ferrarif50, Dragster, Pericles, Dilesh and Overdrive for your posts. The victory is more enjoyed as the recovery in just 11 days (30th Oct to 10th Nov) after a major crash at Gajaba was truly a good feeling.

I salute my team lead by Saman who put my race car back on its wheels in perfect condition. I owe him a big thank you for the tireless hours and days of extreme hard work he put in for the Evo IX GT. A pic of this wonder man is below and for sure you will see him with me at every race. Thank you Saman!

samandg0.jpg

Edited by mivec.turbo

Nice article is there on " Daily News " today regarding Local racing and about the founder of great " Foxhill Track "

Also today is the SLARDAR awards ceremony will be at Waters Edge to Crown the Champions of 2006. :D

Wish you all the very best for 2006 championship winners in every category..

Nice article is there on " Daily News " today regarding Local racing and about the founder of great " Foxhill Track "

Also today is the SLARDAR awards ceremony will be at Waters Edge to Crown the Champions of 2006. :(

Wish you all the very best for 2006 championship winners in every category..

Well, damn! What happened to the press invites? :D