• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car For 3.5 Mil Or Less

jterminator

Hi every1,

i'm trying to see what kind of vehicle i can get in Sri lanka for around 3.0 - 3.5 mil. I would prefer 2000 - 2003 vehicles. any chance i can get a gently used 3 series, C class, A4 etc for this price?

####

Thanks.

Edited by MADZ

Hi every1,

i'm trying to see what kind of vehicle i can get in Sri lanka for around 3.0 - 3.5 mil. I would prefer 2000 - 2003 vehicles. any chance i can get a gently used 3 series, C class, A4 etc for this price?

####

Thanks.

The 3 series and C class will be definetly out of this price category. But you might be able to find an A4 for this price as Audis have less second hand market value than the other 2 brands.

Hi every1,

####

Thanks.

Mazda 3.. Its calld da axela...

Superb car... dude

The 3 series and C class will be definetly out of this price category. But you might be able to find an A4 for this price as Audis have less second hand market value than the other 2 brands.

wow that sux :(... oh well, just wanted to weigh my options, i'll have to look around when i come down. Guess people who bought mercs and bmw's in the early 2000's are making Bank on them huh? One of the only markets where autos appreciate rather than depreciate LOL!

wouldn't he be able to get a petrol 3 series for that price?

There is actually a very nice looking Axela in the classifieds. Really crying out for some new alloys. U can rescue that and do the needful.

Also, Max, I'm inclined to lean towards what Fuzzo said. Even the older pre-facelift 320d shouldn't be too far from that figure, right? even a 65- one? Pre-2000, which is the lower limit specified tho. Actually, what about the petrol ones? maybe a 318i? Should be cheaper than the 'd', right?

Hey Ashan, can u put in an estimate for the Audi's in these model years?

Also, jterminator, u can look at the Volvos too. And ignore whatever madmax says about that.

Or even a pre 99 five or seven?? Really dont like the sound of a 318 though- are they not a bit under powered?

hey guys thanks a lot for the responses. I wasn;t thinking about diesels anyways, coz i heard they charge over 300% taxes on those. i just saw a 95 turbo diesel montero for 5 mil LOL on the autolanka listings.

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=1499

And what's ironic is, my dad says he's finding it difficult to get 6 mil for a 2003 Petrol montero - Damn diesel taxes!

[ok so i hijacked and ranted on my own thread sorry]

anyways back to the topic, I was thinking tht 3 - 3.5 mil should atleast buy me a petrol 2000 318i. The pre 99 7's were hot - remember 007?

About the volvos, don't you guys think the S40 is an overpriced car for the features? when i was looking @ a S40 here, most of my friends kept on saying "Atleast he'll be safe" lol... so yeah i guess the question goes, "What's Wrong with a Volvo"? :(

And this Axela or whatever looks like this car called a Mazda 3 as lil_shane pointed out. Looks ok...

i just dont wanna get stuck with a toyota corolla or something when i come down lol. Again thanks for the responses guys - appreciate it.

i remember seeing an ad for a 19- 7 series sometime back for 3.5 mil. so you should be able to get one of those for sure...

also a newer petrol 3 series

as for your dad's montero.. is it brand new or recon...and what grade is it?

we bought it brand new from ######## in 2003. My dad took it to D*MO recently to see how much he can get as a trade in or something i guess (i'm not completely clear) but he was offered 5.5 i think. I'm gonna take a look @ that once i get back.

BTW: why does the system censor names of companies, is there some form of trademark issues related to mentioning them?

Edited by jterminator

that's pretty low for a brand new montero.. i'd wait it out..someone is bound to buy it at your asking price.. what color is it?

it's champaigne, thats what i told my dad to chill with it for a while... does it really matter that its petrol? oh well, better get back to work, my manager's bound to come back this way ;). BTW, major kudos to the creators of this site, good job guys :(

hey guys thanks a lot for the responses. I wasn;t thinking about diesels anyways, coz i heard they charge over 300% taxes on those. i just saw a 95 turbo diesel montero for 5 mil LOL on the autolanka listings.

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=1499

And what's ironic is, my dad says he's finding it difficult to get 6 mil for a 2003 Petrol montero - Damn diesel taxes!

[ok so i hijacked and ranted on my own thread sorry]

Hey Jterminator,Sorry to hijack your thread.

But I would like to know how much would be a fair price to ask for this pajero T/D which is listed in Autolanka classified.The reason I want to know is very soon I will be back in Sri Lanka for good and once Im back I intend to sell a Pajero which pretty much in the same condition as the one that is listed.(except mine is a 65-1xxx). Im clueless abt today market prices and any help would be greatly appreciated

About the volvos, don't you guys think the S40 is an overpriced car for the features? when i was looking @ a S40 here, most of my friends kept on saying "Atleast he'll be safe" lol... so yeah i guess the question goes, "What's Wrong with a Volvo"? :(

I don't really have a clue on the features BUT Volvos have nil second hand value here in SL coz of the image problem (as in, its an old persons car) Heck, u might even find a company owned S60 in ur price range, post 2000 models. Need to look around a bit tho, and research the car. Personally I think its a very good solid car. Should be damn reliable too, tho I have no real idea. Anyone with a Volvo?

wouldn't he be able to get a petrol 3 series for that price?

3.5 Mil Would be a the correct price for a E46 3 Series Pre facelift model. But there is no one willing to sell at that price, even if it doesn't sell for ages most ppl have adopted the style of quoting huge prices.

For example there was a 300- 320i for 4.5 mil and the agents have two facelift 318i for 5.5 mil..

Also there in recent days there's been a lot of BMW minis advertised for 4.5-5Mil range... who would buy a 2 door compact parying that much? It's just ridiculous... Also the 65- 320D has gone beyond 4 Mil..

there was a silver 320d 65- with 12k on the cloc...went for less than 4 mil.

there is a pre face lift model iwth a face lift done locally for around 4 mil.. these were all at sales, so i'm sure private parties will be selling slightly less.

Fuzzo I'm sure this was atleast 6 months back. Also the later facelift model 320Ds came with the Common rail diesel engines.. giving it a huge boost of power/ low maintanence and not to mention a big price gap...

As a hobby I call up most of the cars advertised in the sunday paper... and last couple of days there hasn't been a single 65 - quoted below 4 mil and facelifts are quoted well over 6 mil... wether they'll be sold or not at that price is a different question...