• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Core 2 Duo Build

finally put everything together in my new conroe build and thought i'll post some pics with benchmarks etc. Here are the specs:

core 2 duo E6400 @ 2.13Ghz running @ 3.2 Ghz

Gigabyte DS3 965P mobo FSB overclocked from 266Mhz to 400Mhz

2GB G.Skill DDR2 800 PC6400

256MB 7800 GTX

WD Cavear SE 200GB HDD

Everything is using stock cooling that came with the processor and mobo. With some elaborate cooling such as thermaltake/coolermaster or even water cooling, the system should be stable at a good 3.6 Ghz or more.

ran this Benchmark and stress tester to ensure that the system was stable and performing to spec, this is what i got:

ocsuperpibenchqe6.th.jpg

You can download super pi @ the following url:

http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=36

what's funny is, the world's faster P4 OC'd to 7.1 Ghz using liquid nitrogen (some crazy Jap) calculated PI to 1M decimals in 18.56 seconds. Where this Core 2 Duo OC'd to 3.2 Ghz calculates it in 19s lol. Maaan these conroes are fast. Bottom line is, a 3.2Ghz core 2 duo processor is the equivalent of a 7Ghz P4 lol!!!! :wild:

The article about the OC'd P4 can be found here http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?p=1501972

So the question is, are these Core 2 Duo chips making its way to Sri Lanka at a reasonable price or are the dealers charging through their Ar$e$ as usual? (My cuz said the DS3 mobo is 25k where its msrp is meant to be 150$ and no more).

bottom line is that tech stuff over here are "value" added lmao.. n yup.. the DS3 series of Gigabyte mobos are heavily overpriced.. but when i checked online when it came to SL the prices were actually CHEAPER than the online prices.. probably cuz o dese dudes buying in bulk.. not sure bout this period though.. prices would ve dropped...

Zz