• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

300c Launched In Sl

fuzzo

saw the ad in the paper and the coverage on tv... get this.. its 9 mil...

can't wait to see them on the road...

Damn, thats fast. I just saw it this morning on Lanka Business report. 9.2 mill. And the first three shipments are already pre-sold lu :D

I'm assuming you're talking about the Chrysler 300C? Where are these made again? China? Do they have the same engine specs as the US models? ie- can you get it with the hemi in it?? That'd be ridiculous in Sri Lanka.

It's an interesting looking car I'll admit, but I don't know how good it'll be for the country in 5 years time when they turn into shitboxes (and huge ones at that) that break down every other mile leaving enough space only for a bloody three wheeler to squeeze by on the road!

I'm assuming you're talking about the Chrysler 300C? Where are these made again? China? Do they have the same engine specs as the US models? ie- can you get it with the hemi in it?? That'd be ridiculous in Sri Lanka.

It's an interesting looking car I'll admit, but I don't know how good it'll be for the country in 5 years time when they turn into shitboxes (and huge ones at that) that break down every other mile leaving enough space only for a bloody three wheeler to squeeze by on the road!

that's rite its the chrysler 300c...it cums wit a 3.6L V6...hemi wud b optional n chances r sum1 wud bring em down...

n wit respect to breakdowns...D*MO offers 24 hr breakdown assistance :jumping-smiley-013: half d cost of repair mite b travel charges for d tow truck

that's rite its the chrysler 300c...it cums wit a 3.6L V6...hemi wud b optional n chances r sum1 wud bring em down...

n wit respect to breakdowns...D*MO offers 24 hr breakdown assistance :angry-smiley-048: half d cost of repair mite b travel charges for d tow truck

Shak I think the tow is free if it's in Cololmbo. D*MO came and towed my Merc once when the fuel pump got clogged. But the replacement was expensinve, total bill came close to 75K. :jumping-smiley-013:

Shak I think the tow is free if it's in Cololmbo. D*MO came and towed my Merc once when the fuel pump got clogged. But the replacement was expensinve, total bill came close to 75K. :angry-smiley-048:

plus they also put a nice cover on the car when it's being towed.. so that no one knows it a benz :jumping-smiley-013:

n wit respect to breakdowns...D*MO offers 24 hr breakdown assistance :P half d cost of repair mite b travel charges for d tow truck

HEY ONLY 3.6 I THOUGHT IT COMES WITH A 5.7 LITER HEMI V8. NOW THAT'S COOL. DRIVING AROUND IN A CAR WITH AN ENGINE THAT WAST ORIGINALLY DESIGNED TO BE FIXED IN MUSCLE CARS WILL BE REALLY COOL.

HEY ONLY 3.6 I THOUGHT IT COMES WITH A 5.7 LITER HEMI V8. NOW THAT'S COOL. DRIVING AROUND IN A CAR WITH AN ENGINE THAT WAST ORIGINALLY DESIGNED TO BE FIXED IN MUSCLE CARS WILL BE REALLY COOL.

but honestly i dont know if anyone would get the 5.7... think of it, that car isnt meant for speed.. and i reckon 90% of the people who buy them will be middle aged businessmen.. and i doubt it they's want to spend a couple of hundred thousand more to give thier drivers a more fun drive.. :P

though i must admit the hemi's reputation is very tempting... if only it came in a more 'youth' vehicle :P

i've only seen pictures of the 300c... so i dont really know how big it is in real life.. anyone seen one of these?

it looks bigger than a 3series or a C class.. i'm thinkng maybe bigger than a E class and smaller than a S class?

Chrysler 300c is actually almost the same length as a S-class & a 7 series (196"). Unlike the Merc and the bimmer, the 300c looks and feels more like a tank. It looks muscular, but the short windows dont provide much visibility.

Chrysler 300c is actually almost the same length as a S-class & a 7 series (196"). Unlike the Merc and the bimmer, the 300c looks and feels more like a tank. It looks muscular, but the short windows dont provide much visibility.

Lol, yeah..its MUCH bigger than a 3 series or C class...the letters have nothing to do with the BMW and Merc naming schemes!

I really don't see the point in sticking such a powerful engine (a hemi) in one of these tanks anyway. I doubt that you could even buy it in a manual version (I've never seen one in America..same goes for Caddys), the suspension is horribly soft from what I've heard (atleast in the ones sold in the US)..i really don't see how it could be much fun to drive...powers good when you can control it and you have a sporty ride! If you're some old guy who wants a nice soft ride, a 300C would be a good choice..also if you're some blinged out rapper who wants to put some ridiculously huge rims on it and try to act cool (and get his ass whooped by a subaru if he tries racing with it).

I'm not a very big fan of present day american cars..but I don't think anyone can blame me either! For the most part, they look horrible, and aren't that great in any way imaginable. If I had enough money to afford a 300C (especially in Sri Lanka) I'd definitely go for a merc of bimmer instead...

but I guess its atleast good that the market in sri lanka is widening, and people have a better selection of cars to choose from..

I really don't see the point in sticking such a powerful engine (a hemi) in one of these tanks anyway.

I am sure the 300cs will make pretty good rental cars along with the Buicks and Fords. Its better to put the Hemi in the Crossfire. Your're right about the suspension...feels like riding in a waterbed. Besides, most 300Cs brought to SL will proly have the 2.7L 190hp engine...just dont try to go up-hill in a hurry with 5 ppl in the car. But then again I have seen 520s (E39) in SL...just for looks :action-smiley-060:

hey...

spwaking of the Hemi engine, i remembered something i read a couple of months back.. when i first read it i was like "wow, this is going to be the hottest news in the off-roading scene for months to come... but suprisingly no-one bothered with it... the Jeep Hurricane ...it gave some masive torque and had 4 wheel steering... now how much cooler can a off-roader be...

http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-2005-Jeep...ane-Concept.htm

:action-smiley-060:

• 3 months later...

Didn’t want to open a new topic for this ……

The new Chrysler 300C SRT8 -------

Extra power via supercharger is the motto for the tune-up of the 6.1 litre V8 HEMI engine of the SRT8. The engine technicians of Europe’s leading customizer for US cars are developing a supercharger engine for the big Chrysler. The system consists of a belt-driven supercharger with integrated, watercooled intercooler, a high performance exhaust system including special manifolds and steel-bed catalysts and a recalibrated ECU.

The compressor helps the engine to achieve a power increase from standard 430 hp / 317 kW to about 556 hp / 409 kW at 5,200 rpm. Maximum torque is increased to 679 Nm at 4,800 revs. The engine conversion reduces the acceleration time from 0 - 100 km/h to about 4.7 seconds, maximum speed will be 300 km/h plus.

untitled3bh.png

untitled10ee.png