• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Repairing Retractable Mirrors

Memphis

Question

Guys,

I'm looking for a place to get my power + retractable mirrors repaired.

The motors are working on both sides (can hear them), however there's something wrong with the internal mechanism. One won't move at all while the other folds but you have to manually unfold the thing B) .

If you know of a place to get it repaired please post ....

Tyrell

9 answers to this question

there is a guy i went to maclum (sp) road - this is the road that starts infront of lake house and ends at darley road. he is one of the guys in the line of small work shops there.

can't remember his name but ask around for the guy that does mirrors. they may point you to the right guy

Machang, i had the same problem and what stafford did was stripping it to pieces and oiling it. And it worked!!

Thanks for the info. Mine is a Toyota so I'm wondering whether to take this to the agent or to find an outside guy to do it. The agents tend to be pricy in these situations aren't they ?

there is a guy i went to maclum (sp) road - this is the road that starts infront of lake house and ends at darley road. he is one of the guys in the line of small work shops there.

can't remember his name but ask around for the guy that does mirrors. they may point you to the right guy

Hey thanks bro. Just what I was looking for B) How was his charges ? if you don't mind ...

machang,

Something like this machang, you should take it to the agent. The labour charges would be around Rs. 1500-2000...still worth it cos they do a decent job and takes responsibility. Like Hola, I too had the same problem when some bunghole knocked it and it snapped in two. While most outsiders tld me to replace the unit, I got it repaired from the Agent for Rs. 1500/-. I dnt wanna mention the name of the Agent, but I drive a Honda RS. So You should definitely let your respective agent take a look at it.

All the best mate :angry-smiley-048:

Update:

Guys, as suggested by Fuzzo I went to this place in McCallum road. He did a perfect job on both mirrors and restored them. The operation took more than 3 hours and the charge was a mere 2500/= rupees.

The name of the guy is Sarath and he operates from a dingy little shop in a row of such workshops towards the end of McCallum road. The shop was so small and equipment so crude and limited to a few screw-drivers, even I had second thoughts at the time. But when he got to working it was aparent the man knew what he was doing.

I'm taking time to write this as a tribute to so many of these little guys I have come across, who know their stuff but never get the exposure they deserve.

Thanks Fuzzo and props to Sarath of;

New Ranjith Motor Garage,

No 20, D. R. Wijewardana Mwt,

Colombo 10

Tel: 0785268867

-------------------------------------------------------------------