• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How Good Is A Eg8 Vti?

VVTi

Hi, I am looking at buying a 94' EG8 Vti, manual. Can anyone tell me what is the ideal price to pay for a well maintained car? Also this car has 100k on the clock. Are there any problems that i should expect? Can someonle help me.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I am looking at buying a 94' EG8 Vti, manual. Can anyone tell me what is the ideal price to pay for a well maintained car? Also this car has 100k on the clock. Are there any problems that i should expect? Can someonle help me.

how much does he want for it ? it will be way over 10 anyways... and no engine milage is not bad....

how much does he want for it ? it will be way over 10 anyways... and no engine milage is not bad....

Hi dragster, he wants 12. ut can knock about 20-30. Will it be worth my while? I was looking for a EK3 Vti but they are above 14. Bit over my budget. How much HP can be pulled out of the basic EG8 Vti?

Hi dragster, he wants 12. ut can knock about 20-30. Will it be worth my while? I was looking for a EK3 Vti but they are above 14. Bit over my budget. How much HP can be pulled out of the basic EG8 Vti?

damn 12's a lot.. must be at least a 300-XXXX car and be in mint condition with nothing touched on the body or the engine. Basic EG8' vti comes with 130hp from the factory with a 2 stage vtec with lots of tunning potential & a lovely gear box. I actually saw a pretty decent one for sale at Aut* forc* about a month back with 'everything' done on it including rear disks and ECU.. asking price was about the same maybe less.

Edited by Pilawoos

Remember once i told you that my friend got a 1st owner, black EG8 which is VTEC for 10.5? But the thing is that car was is debatable because of the condtion of the car

Besides call for some of the numbers in the papers...Usualy a EG8 is maxed priced at 11?

Thanks all. Went looking for a few this weekend as few Eg8 were available. But none that seems worth the money they were asking. Might as well wait and see as I am not that much in a hurry. Using a company 121 at the moment and it is quite adeqaute and immensely boring. The power is their on tap. (110 bhp, i think). But then, its not a Honda.... Also, whats the max bhp that can be squeezed out of the EG8 and what will be the main things to look for apart from the plugs and the air flow?

Edited by VVTi

Black one with red seats/interior- tastefuly done. with an i-ch*p. You know the car machan :)

that's a lovely car.. everything is done in it..

@vvti - can you give us more details on this car ? so that we could get a better picture on it...

Thanks all. Went looking for a few this weekend as few Eg8 were available. But none that seems worth the money they were asking. Might as well wait and see as I am not that much in a hurry. Using a company 121 at the moment and it is quite adeqaute and immensely boring. The power is their on tap. (110 bhp, i think). But then, its not a Honda.... Also, whats the max bhp that can be squeezed out of the EG8 and what will be the main things to look for apart from the plugs and the air flow?

with thw propper tuning and a bit of chipping will make your car a beast...

Its in Kandy. Dark Blue. The guy who owns it just uses it as it is. No mods at all. His idea of mods is the 'bumper guards' and ugly alloys. It is a 19 - and he is the sencond owner. Claims it is fast though i have not driven it nor seen it up close. But claims its a VTi. The only killer is the price tag. A lot of people I asked sais 12 is far too much. Is it true that the ECU conks after 100k on that model. If thats the case she has done 104,000. For that price, i might as well fork out another 250 and go a for later model ek3. Quite a few on the Observer this Sunday.

plugs????

air flow : yes, i think u can easily do a K&N on a EG8, ram pipes and everything are plentiful in the market (datz the good thing about having a civic)

most important thing is the ECU, and we sri lankans are gifted with a very fine tuner by the name "Zacky" he can get ur eg8 to rev up to 8500 and beat the shit out of some good cars like 2.0L Primera's, some starlet turbos even. also at the same time can tune the low end of your vehicle to give extremely good fuel econo. too. the fastest SOHC in SL at the moment(according to Nov 18th results) is an Eg8 too.(Crash.n.Burn's car)

bdw i suggest u dial 0777-508864 and ask all u ever wanted to know about an EG8's potential from Zacky himself :)

actually the corolla 121 is 105bhp but has a good low end torque and world class fuel efficiency, but yes itz a boring engine. (very lazy to rev, and accelaration feeling is very dettached)

and u asked whatz the max bhp of an EG8 (on stock internals?) right? well i would say about 140-150max, which might seem not as impressive as you'd have loved it to be, but hey, Honda's are about beating the numbers, 4get about the numbers, and focus on nature of the power delivery, the transmission and the ability to stay in the power band of a D15 engine is truly impresssive. Shamil's Civic (Which is Ek i think) even ate a Carian GT having 165-175bhp. so the max bhp doesn't give the full picture... check

http://asia.vtec.net/article/d15b/

Its in Kandy. Dark Blue. The guy who owns it just uses it as it is. No mods at all. His idea of mods is the 'bumper guards' and ugly alloys. It is a 19 - and he is the sencond owner. Claims it is fast though i have not driven it nor seen it up close. But claims its a VTi. The only killer is the price tag. A lot of people I asked sais 12 is far too much. Is it true that the ECU conks after 100k on that model. If thats the case she has done 104,000. For that price, i might as well fork out another 250 and go a for later model ek3. Quite a few on the Observer this Sunday.

hmm.. yup I think 12 is too much... I can get you a well maintained single carb for 10 if you want :) with a huge stereo...

plugs????

air flow : yes, i think u can easily do a K&N on a EG8, ram pipes and everything are plentiful in the market (datz the good thing about having a civic)

most important thing is the ECU, and we sri lankans are gifted with a very fine tuner by the name "Zacky" he can get ur eg8 to rev up to 8500 and beat the shit out of some good cars like 2.0L Primera's, some starlet turbos even. also at the same time can tune the low end of your vehicle to give extremely good fuel econo. too. the fastest SOHC in SL at the moment(according to Nov 18th results) is an Eg8 too.(Crash.n.Burn's car)

bdw i suggest u dial 0777-508864 and ask all u ever wanted to know about an EG8's potential from Zacky himself B)

why do I get the feeling that this reply of yours is gona get very very populer ? specialy this part of it - "beat the shit out of some good cars like 2.0L Primera's"

Projector lights don't help the BHP count Fuzzo :)

I am actually not a cosmetic enthusiast. I am looking for the real thing. I have seen stealth mods that betrays none of the power in the car to the outside. So I want to take the EG8 Vti and throw everything in and just keep it plain and simple outside. As far as I am concerned all the plastics bits and pieces just makes the car heavier, not any faster. I will be happy to pull out even the AC and all the plumbing if it means I can squeeze out the smallest amount of HP there. That include, seats, glass shutters, and steroes and anything not contributing to the actual HP count of the car.

why do I get the feeling that this reply of yours is gona get very very populer ? specialy this part of it - "beat the shit out of some good cars like 2.0L Primera's"

Some unknown quoted... :)

It’s called the freedom of speech.... some calls it donkeys freedom.
Edited by ash

"beat the shit out of some good cars like 2.0L Primera's"

;);):P:PB)B)

Is it true that the ECU conks after 100k on that model.

Who ever who told you that is a d*ck who does not know sh*t! thats the biggest untrue ever lol

and u asked whatz the max bhp of an EG8 (on stock internals?) right? well i would say about 140-150max,

Lets not get carried away here :D 140-150hp dyno'ed on stock internals?? so much on bolt ons in an EG8?? yeah right. Preveen you were right about some of these Honda boys :)

I will be happy to pull out even the AC and all the plumbing if it means I can squeeze out the smallest amount of HP there. That include, seats, glass shutters, and steroes and anything not contributing to the actual HP count of the car.

Dude dont get me wrong.. but after doing all of this what do you plan on doing? Race someone?

Edited by Pilawoos

Preveen you were right about some of these Honda boys :)

Thank you. Love being told I'm right, no matter what the subject B)

I'll count u in the list of "Honda boys with proper perspective" That makes u number 2 of 2. Short list! B)

Edit: hmmm actually there is vshiznet too, the bugger knows the limits and doesn't make dumb grandoise statements, but is commited to the Honda way, even with options. Not sure how to place him...

Edited by Pericles

Lets not get carried away here :) 140-150hp dyno'ed on stock internals?? so much on bolt ons in an EG8??

duhhh! u said eg standard does 130hp so why cant u with a little chippin increase 10 more an make it 140...

well didnt that primera loose to the SOHC?(i guess i am not mistaken)

funny thin is, primera is claimed to have earlier demanded to race the DOHC boys instead of the SOHCs.