• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bmw - Dsc

JwesT

hey thanks for that vid

DSC is awsome, I get the car sideways without spining out thanks to the DSC. It also cuts power if I get it too sideways. With out DSC I would be scared to drive this car with so much power in the rain or snow...lol

I am thankful though that in my m3 you can cut the DSC of if you want to get crazy

Damn Jwest. I read just as you posted this, but never knew how helpful it would be.

At the Moment i rev to 9000 rpm in my rx 8 and just took it out when it was raining and i off the DSC and was travelling ( 5500rpm )and i felt that the car was slipping a bit ( Like Loosing Traction on the Rear )

And I accelrated cos the feeling was fun. And HOLY SHIT.... rear of rx8 started waggin realy badly. Luckily no cars were around me. and i was so scared that i might scrape my wheels on the pavememt. And thank god it did not scrape.

I was so scared at this moment. Did a opposite Lock, Surpirsingly the DSC turned itself on and car straigtned itself up. Seriously thank you to DSC. This just happend 15 min back.

I will never drive the rx 8 again on rain with DSC off. I once remember jeremey clarkson told the same thing. But i never took it seriously. I guess somethings should be learned the hardway.

Edited by Velocity

Damn Jwest. I read just as you posted this, but never knew how helpful it would be.

At the Moment i rev to 9000 rpm in my rx 8 and just took it out when it was raining and i off the DSC and was travelling ( 5500rpm )and i felt that the car was slipping a bit ( Like Loosing Traction on the Rear )

And I accelrated cos the feeling was fun. And HOLY SHIT.... rear of rx8 started waggin realy badly. Luckily no cars were around me. and i was so scared that i might scrape my wheels on the pavememt. And thank god it did not scrape.

I was so scared at this moment. Did a opposite Lock, Surpirsingly the DSC turned itself on and car straigtned itself up. Seriously thank you to DSC. This just happend 15 min back.

I will never drive the rx 8 again on rain with DSC off. I once remember jeremey clarkson told the same thing. But i never took it seriously. I guess somethings should be learned the hardway.

there u go! one life saving post lol. Glad to hear u recovered from the mess u put urself in! machan u have to be very careful drivig a light weight rear wheel drive car in wet sri lankan roads, because road surface is really oily, our guys never clean the roads innit.

Even the carpet they put in sri lankan roads is actually too smooth compared to the carpet here in UK roads. Here roads have a rough surface although u won't feel when u drive, but have good grip.

The UK obviously has a problem with ground frost, which explains the rougher carpet i guess, and i always wonder how the Germans can get their carpets so fine, and they can have evern frostier weather than the UK.

Always knew of problems with traction on Sri Lankan roads especially on the Wet but didnt realise it was this bad. I guess there isnt enough downforce to generate enough traction to keep the RX8 steady on some of our few extremely smooth carpeted roads, incidentally be very wary of the Galle Road in the wet, has a terrible reputation and something I have experienced first hand, cos a van crashed onto our car a few years back causing the car a lot of damage, 2 doors and a wing (an old mazda) it tried to break but lost control instead,

Good luck with your ride :)

The Don

Our roads are quite good in certain parts... especially on route to Puttalam.. the sad scene is that due to digging and blah blah the road gets spoiled and often the newer carpet is more like eh.. howd you mention it.. more glossy and slippery.. but lately there have been some improvement though not satisfactory.. ma cuz bro rammed his car onto another in light rain condition.. slammed the brakes but the road was too smooth.. the area near savoy wellawatte on route to dehiwela is a notable spot... be aware drivers! lol

Zz

no it doesnt snow in Florida.

that was a joke man :) it just might this year! it's been colder than usual..

I lived in OH for 2 yrs and it was hell in snow...only the 39 is heavy enough to pull thru with dsc off on 3-4" snow. DSC does a decent job when its a wet surface or slightly iced but on hvy snow VLSD or LD >>> dsc. I hope I won't see any of that nasty stuff in clt. Ofcourse u have the 3-stage dsc on your 46M right?