• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How Good Is Nissan Primera P11

kosalaD

Question

Hi Guys

Can any one help me out regarding info:about Nissan primera P11.how good nis this car?aspects of

petrlo consumption ,Cost/avilability of parts,current market price (99 model)

Tks in advanced.

:lol:

Great car. Try to get the Camino. Would be around 15-16. There's one with Sunroof for 15 & there's another one advertised in the site.... go back and check, not sure still there or not. Cost and parts availability are not bad, but the petrol consumption is not that good.

Primeras are smart looking, handle well and have solid engines... which engine are you looking at? 2L or 1.8L? and what transmission?

parts aren't a problem and maintenance isn't much of a problem as long as you avoid damaging your sensors...

Hi Shark...

it's 18L with automatic transmission 15'alloys.with camino body kit..done only 63 000km..and price is around 15/60..

Great car. Try to get the Camino. Would be around 15-16. There's one with Sunroof for 15 & there's another one advertised in the site.... go back and check, not sure still there or not. Cost and parts availability are not bad, but the petrol consumption is not that good.

Hi ash..

yes that's the car im refering to..which was advertised in the site...car is still there.

hmmm well the auto primeras are kinda sluggish... but still a hardy car... you'll be missing the SR20 engine though :ninja: that price sounds about the norm but there's always room for negotiation... if the car's in good shape go for it but don't expect good mileage on a primera dude...

and don't worry about parts cos i have a very good source...

I drove a 300- 1.8 and found it awful in almost everyway. Not one bit a drivers car.

I know the Camino is a hot car. Today I saw a Primera badged M6. What the hell is that?

The M6 is the Hyper-CVT version. I'm not entirely sure about the logic, but the marketing says there are six gears (selectable, I assume semi automatic). Where I'm not sure about the logic comes from the CVT marketing that says CVTs don't have discrete gear ratios :ninja:

Well, Ash can explain better, coz he has one :) Which is very nice. Which I shall refrain from spilling stories on so he will keep quiet about mine :)

The M6 is the Hyper-CVT version. I'm not entirely sure about the logic, but the marketing says there are six gears (selectable, I assume semi automatic). Where I'm not sure about the logic comes from the CVT marketing that says CVTs don't have discrete gear ratios :ninja:

Well if you have variable gear ratio's, then you can max a car out for example on 4 gears or 5 or 6 gears. So I guess thats what the marketing ment. It could also mean that the Driver has the option of shifting 6 times with the 'manual' shift available on the CVT

I drove a 300- 1.8 and found it awful in almost everyway. Not one bit a drivers car.

I know the Camino is a hot car. Today I saw a Primera badged M6. What the hell is that?

The 2.0 Camino with the SR20DE is hot car to boost.. Dont know why no one has done it here as yet

I always had the urge to do mods but then the car was quite decent as it was so didn't wanna mess the good thing I had (2 Ltr Camino auto)

Gave quite a bit of thought to a SR20DET FWD engine mod. I was told its a pretty straight forward swap.

Anyone heard of that being done?

I always had the urge to do mods but then the car was quite decent as it was so didn't wanna mess the good thing I had (2 Ltr Camino auto)

Gave quite a bit of thought to a SR20DET FWD engine mod. I was told its a pretty straight forward swap.

Anyone heard of that being done?

I think a SR20DET has been dropped into a VzR here.. Hey the 2.0 comes with a 4.4 final drive?

Can a SR20DETT swapped directly without any problem for a Camino??

how much will it cost??

what will be the difference??

that's a good question... but i have one to get you thinking... nissan did not make an SR20 twin turbo engine to begin with... this has to be converted and is an utter waste of time... the SR20DET is good enough and yes it should be a simple swap... it's also not too much trouble to turbo a standalone SR20DE cos they're very strong motors...

The difference? about 77 horses more : )

The cost? No idea.

How easy? Hmmm depends on how good your mechanic is lol I'm not too sure about this, but this engine came in AWD and rear wheel drive cars (I'm not sure of the front wheel drive vehicles it came in) so that might be something to consider, when thinking of mating gear boxes. Of course like Shaks said I've read that the swap is relatively easy with even the same DE mounts matching straight. Also you need to find the correct engine to fit the Primera as the SR20DET came in specs with the engine either aligned front to back or left to right.

Interesting fact on the GTiR.. the damn red top s13 engine came with ITB's apart from the Garret single T28.

did you get a primera that we don't know about? ;)

an SR20DE has about 145bhp stock and yes in any application a turbo obviously provides a huge gain... someone else might be able to help you on who's capable...

however the point pila highlighted about the SR20DET originally being used on AWD and RWD examples escaped me... and hence the turbo conversion will be an easier option than an engine swap... the SR20DE will handle a small amount of boost with stock internals...

however the point pila highlighted about the SR20DET originally being used on AWD and RWD examples escaped me... and hence the turbo conversion will be an easier option than an engine swap... the SR20DE will handle a small amount of boost with stock internals...

I'm confused. The SR20DET comes on the Sylvia and GTiR in the RWD and AWD. What do u mean escaped you? U would know that...

how many horses does SR20DE have?

How difficult is it to search this, dude?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_SR_engine

All ur DE and DET figures.

Hey Pila, ITBs on the GTiR too ;)

@Shak not me ;)

me in the sense friend

ok we got a member he called lil_shane hope you know..

finally his bro settled for a Camino 301- nice car with good stereo n all includin a decent body kit.. smart lookin car..

and it had super charger fixed.. holy shit.. the car jumps when shifting gears and shane's bro is one quick ass driver.. but unfortunatley the supercharger has to be removed due to improper instalation it drains the battery to empty :(

so will be returning the super charger..

since the car is in nice shape.. extreme good condition.. i was like telling him to do performance mods without selling the car when going for a RX 8 :( in future ( time depends)

soo.. im collecting all info what i can for him :)

lil_shanes lazy.. lazy ass.. hehe

Edited by zeem35

Hey Pila, ITBs on the GTiR too ;)

lol yep I noticed that and wow man! One thing for sure Nissan has a damn good selection of engines accross the board. Zakie is doing in the GTiR these days by the way..

Interesting fact on the GTiR.. the damn red top s13 engine came with ITB's apart from the Garret single T28.

lol yep I noticed that and wow man! One thing for sure Nissan has a damn good selection of engines accross the board. Zakie is doing in the GTiR these days by the way..

uhhh, ok ;) this is some brain fart or the other. when u said S13 I took it that u were talking S13 Sylvia, What the heck do u mean "redtop s13"? The only SR16DET I've seen had a yellow top, and I have no idea what car that is.

uhhh, ok :( this is some brain fart or the other. when u said S13 I took it that u were talking S13 Sylvia, What the heck do u mean "redtop s13"? The only SR16DET I've seen had a yellow top, and I have no idea what car that is.

'

Sorry dude my bad ;) I ment the GTiR Red top enigine- SR20DET with the ITB's.

SR16 with a yellow top? Are you sure?