• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How Good Is Nissan Primera P11

kosalaD

Question

I know the Camino is a hot car. Today I saw a Primera badged M6. What the hell is that?

Bit on the Nissan HyperCVT M6

CVT with manual override (Nissan M6 Hyper-CVT)

Nissan, accompany with its partner Subaru, is widely regarded as the leader in CVT technology, especially after it launched M6 Hyper-CVT in the Japanese Primera.

M6 Hyper-CVT could be described as "the Tiptronic in the CVT world". Apart from fully auto mode like all CVTs, it provides a manual mode which simulates a 6-speed manual gearbox. Of course, in theory it can simulate more ratios, but no driver will ask for more than they can cope with.

Even if you ignore this trick, it was still the most advanced CVT of its time. Mated with Primera's 2-litre DOHC VVT engine, M6 Hyper-CVT handles 190 hp and 150 lbft, a record of its time. It also delivers decent smoothness and response, thanks to the use of torque converter (like automatic transmission) instead of conventional electromagnetic clutch.

techpicgearcvt1al2.jpg

This is OT... I'm having prob's with my security immobilizer (Though I've figured out how to use it my wife's still didn't ;) ) Can some 1 plz give me the contact no of Yasantha or someone who could rectify this)

This is OT... I'm having prob's with my security immobilizer (Though I've figured out how to use it my wife's still didn't ;) ) Can some 1 plz give me the contact no of Yasantha or someone who could rectify this)

Still having problems? ...

Theres something wrong with the Engine Kill switch/button in ur remote unit.

Help!! Help!!

I need someone's help...

Guyz since a bought my camino i hav spent alot of money but i still cant get my clutch plates rite..

Within 2 Weeks I had to change it twice..

And the mechanic adviced me to replace it with the carbon clutch...

Is tat a Gud Idea...

And how much will it cost..

And from where can i get it..

Need Experts Opinions...

lol what do you mean by 'clutch plates' you got two of 'em?? j/k

Need more symptoms

Does the clutch slip? or do you have problems engaging gears?

What clutch are you using?

If your mechanic gave you that advice and you've been a using stock clutch to date- I'd suggest you fire him- cause thats just stupid advice.

lol what do you mean by 'clutch plates' you got two of 'em?? j/k

Need more symptoms

Does the clutch slip? or do you have problems engaging gears?

What clutch are you using?

If your mechanic gave you that advice and you've been a using stock clutch to date- I'd suggest you fire him- cause thats just stupid advice.

Yeah.. it does.. and thats y he told me to replace it with the carbon clutch..

and this tym he told me tat da clutch plate were cracked..

Edited by lil_shane

okok.. well he is dumb and lazy..

his car was tuned by mario.. autotechnika garage.. but he wants to boost his car.. what mods can be done to boost SR20DE?

it already has cone KnN Filters hmm.. high voltage wires.. iridium plugs..

okok we dont know anything technically but shane wants to boost his car..

experts pls guide us :(

okok.. well he is dumb and lazy..

his car was tuned by mario.. autotechnika garage.. but he wants to boost his car.. what mods can be done to boost SR20DE?

it already has cone KnN Filters hmm.. high voltage wires.. iridium plugs..

okok we dont know anything technically but shane wants to boost his car..

experts pls guide us :(

U dont even kno wots goin on.. so its better if u dont reply..

Edited by lil_shane

Hi Shane,

I am not very familiar with your model of Car, but i find it very supprising that you had to replace your clutch plate twice in one week.

If the clutch is slipping and you have replaced the clutch recently, the problem could be with your pressure plate, as in it being worn and thus the clutch not setteling properly in it.

Another problem could be something to do with the clutch pump (if your clutch is operated using hydraulics) and problems with this system could affect the way the clutch engages and disengages, and common sysmtoms could be even with the clutch pedal completely pressed down the clutch does not disengage completely, for example if you rece the car, the car moves.

This can also happen with pressure plate problems.

I think whenever the clutch is changed the pressure plate and the clutch bearing should be changed as a rule.

I am not very sure about carbon clutches, but if you replaced your clutch with a genuine Nissan replacement, i cannot understand why it would break, unless whoever has been driving your car is like that some celebrity who tried to race up to 100kmh on the 1st gear and busted a Ferrari.

The Don

Yeah.. it does.. and thats y he told me to replace it with the carbon clutch..

and this tym he told me tat da clutch plate were cracked..

Dude dont get me wrong.. but I cant & dont want to attempt reading your mind- so your really are gonna have to type and describe your issue better. A brand new clutch will not just crack-its been either installed incorrectlly or you have a oil leak. Do your gears crash?

Dont suppose u thought "Hells bells, a new clutch, lets play!" and didn't bother running it in? I know someone who messed up a new carbon clutch by not running it in. :( but then, he was in a rather tempting position, so gonna have to forgive him that.

Dont suppose u thought "Hells bells, a new clutch, lets play!" and didn't bother running it in? I know someone who messed up a new carbon clutch by not running it in. :( but then, he was in a rather tempting position, so gonna have to forgive him that.

hmm heard that one as well. That was an expensive one :P But yeah you need to 'bed in' new clutches for around 750-1000kms