• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Japanese Car Navigation/stereo Unit!

ucscsades

Question

Hi guys,

There are all these japanese cars around Sri Lanka with navigation/stereo units that have controls mainly listed in Japanese. Anybody by any chance know of any sites, or any sources, that would help me decipher what these buttons and menus mean, and how to navigate through/use any of the other options on a navigation unit apart from the basic radio and CD player controls??

Specifically I'm talking about a 2001 onwards Honda CR-V (so not the absolute newest CR-V, but the second generation) navigation unit here...hopefully someone can shed some light on this topic, even if they have any advice for other car brands as I'm assuming this is a topic that may be of use to other members on this forum with different cars!

Cheers,

S

10 answers to this question

Wouldnt there be a car manual with all these stuff included dude? Cuz from what I know all the electronics even with vehicles come with a decent manual.. dnt knw whether ya ll find the manual in English though lmao.. best ya find a manual for the same vehicle produced for the US market...

Zz

Wouldnt there be a car manual with all these stuff included dude? Cuz from what I know all the electronics even with vehicles come with a decent manual.. dnt knw whether ya ll find the manual in English though lmao.. best ya find a manual for the same vehicle produced for the US market...

Zz

yeah fuzzo, that's what i'm guessing too. the thing should be able to run in english as well..so perhaps after a whole maze of menus it probably can be changed, BUT given that I don't have a clue what any of these things say, its not something i've been able to figure out yet. Your plan of finding someone who speaks japanese probably is the best bet...so that's my mission now!

And Nexgen, I don't think a manual from a US market CR-V will work. I'm pretty sure the navigation system on the one sold over there is pretty different. Actually, I don't think I've even seen a CR-V with a navigation system there. I'm sure its available, just that I've never paid attention....but still, I'm almost certain the unit would be different!

dude.. then i suggest ya just pop in a mail to Honda and ask them bout this.. hopefully they could shed some light on this prob and most probably ya would ve either to change/flash the chip of the navigation system, i think it is already being done here in SL.. not really sure though...

Well.. hope this helps.. if in case you find a Japanese manual online of your vehicle, you could run the entire manual thru a online translator so as to read it in English.. but this is a rare chance anyways.. most manuals would be in downloadable formats...

Zz

And the Honda CRV Navi FM radio doest go full band either! :D ... Anyone speak Jappa in here? :jumping-smiley-013:

most of the stereo shops can fix this so that it goes full range. only problem is that it will not display correct values after 90FM...it works just fine though

Hi guys,

There are all these japanese cars around Sri Lanka with navigation/stereo units that have controls mainly listed in Japanese. Anybody by any chance know of any sites, or any sources, that would help me decipher what these buttons and menus mean, and how to navigate through/use any of the other options on a navigation unit apart from the basic radio and CD player controls??

Specifically I'm talking about a 2001 onwards Honda CR-V (so not the absolute newest CR-V, but the second generation) navigation unit here...hopefully someone can shed some light on this topic, even if they have any advice for other car brands as I'm assuming this is a topic that may be of use to other members on this forum with different cars!

Cheers,

S

Hi Dude,

I'm in japan and to my experience and knowledge the Navigation systems doesnot have anyother language except Japanese. It's a "SORRY" situation :D. And just imaging, one of my friends has a BMW 7 series in here and the still the navigation system is in Japanese. But you could check it with the Honda dealer.

Cheers

Edited by Bugbase

Hi Dude,

I'm in japan and to my experience and knowledge the Navigation systems doesnot have anyother language except Japanese. It's a "SORRY" situation :D. And just imaging, one of my friends has a BMW 7 series in here and the still the navigation system is in Japanese. But you could check it with the Honda dealer.

Cheers

I contaced the Japanese company (Eclipse) for the system in my Premio, and ya well they are sorry too. Nothing can be done. And further they say the TV & Navi wont be compatible to SriLanka. TV is not a problem cos evryones hacking it now.

Fuzzo, one of damitha's guy said it cant be done.. ill recheck.

I have the same problem with my Land Cruiser. Its impossible to change apparently since the Radio (Upto 90FM), Navigation, TV, the Rev Cam view finder and the AC CONTROLS are all on the touchpad screen.

Toyota Lanka was unable to do anything. They said I can change half the items on my dashboard but its not worth the cost.

Pet#o also said they are unable do something since the A/C controls are involved. They offered to fix an additional DVD player with full range radio inside the console or the cubby.

But for vehicles where the screen only handles Sat Nav and Entertainment, they have a TV/DVD/rev camera that they fit on to Allions and some other models.