• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fix Hyper Flash in Toyota Aqua 2015

Push110

Hi, 

Hyper flashing is a well known phenomina by now when you install LED turn signal bulbs. In order to avoid it you can do many things.

1. Install bulbs that comes with a parallel resistor
2. Manually install a parallel resister for the bulbs which does not contain a parallel resistor.
3. Change the normal Flash relay to a LED Flash relay.

I've got 4 LED signal bulbs recently from Aliexpress and they are with good brightness level compared to the original incandescent bulbs. I loved the ON-OFF behaviour of the LED bulbs than the fading away behavoiur of the incandescent bulbs. But the problem I've got is the Hyper flashing. Since I already have the bulbs I have to go for either option 2 or 3 in the above. I personally do not like to the option 2 since it requires manual cut/insulate + possible burnt resistor that might ignite a fire. So my preference is to install a LED flash relay. Then I searched to find the flash relay location and I could not find it. Then I search the internet and , surprisingly not many results were there too. There were 2 foriegn threads for Prius C and they also have concluded like this car does not comes with a flasher relay, but it is operated by the signals from ECU itself.

Can anyone please confirm the availability or unavailability of the flasher relay in toyota Aqua. ( I have a car manufactured in 2015 face lifted version). I need the location of the relay If it is available.

Thank you