• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fb 15 Engine Temperature

sbnisan

Hi,

I resently bought a Nissan FB15(used one). And yesterday i realized that after driving for about 20KM the engine compartment,radiator and the horses connecting are getting too hot. But the meter does not show any sign of over heat. The horse connecting the engine and the radiator was almost melting. Can some body help me to figure out what is wrong with this car. Is this a normal scenario ?. Do i have a cooling system related problem ?. How much will it cost to repair such thing.

Hi

Before you conclude that you have a cooling problem, have your temperature gague and the temperature pick up switch/sensor tested.

during operation, rubber hoses forming the cooling circuit can get very soft (thus feeling like they are melting).

When an engine has a cooling problem and reaches the levels you describe the coolent should be at boiling point. Was the coolent boiling?

Get your cooling system tested before you jump into any conclusions. This I advice you get done asap, cause if it does really have a cooling problem, then you need to attend to it quickly before further damage can be caused.

Cheers

Hi,

I resently bought a Nissan FB15(used one). And yesterday i realized that after driving for about 20KM the engine compartment,radiator and the horses connecting are getting too hot. But the meter does not show any sign of over heat. The horse connecting the engine and the radiator was almost melting. Can some body help me to figure out what is wrong with this car. Is this a normal scenario ?. Do i have a cooling system related problem ?. How much will it cost to repair such thing.

Had a similar problem a while back. At first the car didn't overheat, but generally the front fenders and bonnet felt very hot. Later (very much later) on the temp gauge showed that it was overheating. It was finally diagnosed as a Blocked Thermostat Valve.

Suggest you get the cooling system checked asap.

Check

* Cooling system/radiator/ coolant leaks (and use a good coolant)

* Fans - Wiring /the efficiency of the motors themselves. (Nissan fans let you down quite a bit)

* Thermo Valve issues as Nira pointed.

* And....get your guages checked just incase ( They get messed sometimes when the importers mess with the mileage)

Try the Agents or a place like Macro in Nawala...just get the set of key sensors checked while you are at it.

• 2 weeks later...

1st u go & chk the Temp Meter if theres no prob, then check Thermostat Valve. if its get blocked the temp meter wont show the accurate Temp

Check

* Cooling system/radiator/ coolant leaks (and use a good coolant)

* Fans - Wiring /the efficiency of the motors themselves. (Nissan fans let you down quite a bit)

* Thermo Valve issues as Nira pointed.

* And....get your guages checked just incase ( They get messed sometimes when the importers mess with the mileage)