• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The Correct Engine Oil

Chris0628

Hi there

What is the manufacturer recommended oil rating? Determine this first.

The rating of the oil you put in your engine plays a key role in how a lot of the internal components of the engine performs their duties. Especially when the engine is still relatively new. So sticking to manufacturer specs is quite important.

Since your car is still pretty new (25,000km) stay with the manufacturer's suggestion.

Caltex or Mobile? This does not matter all that much as long as you are using a well known brand. However, do not mix different brands. Even when using the same brand of oil stick to the product you have been using. Also don't mix synthetic with non synthetic.

Your car seems to average around 8,500km per year. The recommended service interval might be over this milage. But do not wait for the said milage to reach. As a norm I go by "manufacturer suggested milage for oil service or six months. Which ever comes first".

Also keep away from recycled engine oils. Some may argue with me on on the grounds that recycling technology has vastly improved over the years. But I am yet to be convinced.

Cheers