• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

X3 Sighted

Devinda_Z

hey saw the new BMW X3 in wellawatte today WP_KE plate

i thought the who Chris Bangle design concept was getting bareable...but i was wrong...very wrong

the X3 is without a doubt the ugliest mini-SUV around!!!

:alc:

along side its big brother é X5 this hideous machine looks like a result of some nasty incestual inbreeding on BMW's part!

:D

it looks better in pictures cuz in real life it looks...well...(given that i saw a grey one)..like a RAT which had its rear quater sheered in a rat trap!

:o

its low...got pointy snout..n is jus plain aweful!

its too ugly to have Kidney Grill n Propellars on the front...

...i'm sorry but its a crying shame...

shame BMW shame :D

Edited by Devinda_Z

...i'm sorry but its a crying shame...

shame BMW shame :D

Personally speaking I never could tolerate the X3...... when i first saw the pics of it, my reaction was along the lines opf "WHAT ARE THEY ON??!?"....

and guess what? cpl of years down the line, with prolonged exposure to the thing..... I still think pretty much the same...... Im not a huge fan of "soft roaders" (Including the Freelander :alc: ) and the X3 is probably the most unappealing of the bunch..... It just seems too much like a shameless attempt to cash in quickly on the boom of the segment, rather than a properly thought through, well engineered "proper" BMW.....

BM are guilty of doing this from time to time...... Li8ke the E36 3 Series Compact for example..... now THERE was a proper dog...... universally called one of BM's low points..... and yet It STILL sold by the shipload!!!!!..... Sadly for people whol covet Good Looking automobiles everywhere, So will the X3....... :D

"soft roaders" (Including the Freelander :D )

E36 3 Series Compact for example..... now THERE was a proper dog...... universally called one of BM's low points..... and yet It STILL sold by the shipload!!!!!.....

Hey dont u b dissing Land Rover :alc: - it maybe a Softie...but it bears the GREEN OVAL n that puts it in a class of its own ok! :o

n as for the compact...it sold in spadescu of A) the Bimmer brand name :alc: Price - @ GBP 14,000 it was very cheap - landed it in the same bracket as the Rover Maestro!

:alc:

but the joke was although the 3comapact with the rubbish 1.6 n sluggish 1.8 was still selling so well that its was said that if u wanted exclusivity in the same range , u were better off with the Rover!! :D

we actually have a 3series compact here - latter generation

234208142jpg11kc8.jpg

i've seen this car in the flesh - was running on british plates over here!!

- where r em stupid City Traffic jokers when it comes to catching stuff like that?! ;)

196492492og9.jpg

this car was running alloys of different patterns on the front n rear alos@one time! :huh::)

we actually have a 3series compact here - latter generation

234208142jpg11kc8.jpg

i've seen this car in the flesh - was running on british plates over here!!

- where r em stupid City Traffic jokers when it comes to catching stuff like that?! ;)

196492492og9.jpg

this car was running alloys of different patterns on the front n rear alos@one time! :huh::)

This car is now registered. Also I've noticed this is has complete AC Schnitzer styling package.

Hey dont u b dissing Land Rover :( - it maybe a Softie...but it bears the GREEN OVAL n that puts it in a class of its own ok! :)

n as for the compact...it sold in spadescu of A) the Bimmer brand name B) Price - @ GBP 14,000 it was very cheap - landed it in the same bracket as the Rover Maestro!

:lol:

but the joke was although the 3comapact with the rubbish 1.6 n sluggish 1.8 was still selling so well that its was said that if u wanted exclusivity in the same range , u were better off with the Rover!! :D

Deffa, the Blue Oval (edit: Blue Propellor) is such a strong brand that if they started making 3-whelers, ppl Wud buy 'em ;)

btw the Maesto was out of production when the Compact landed...... I think you're thinkin of the Rover 200.... which was a MUCH better car...... if only Rover kept making cars like that.... :(

Seriously though, ugly or not, that Propellor Badge will ensure the X3 is a Success..... Esp in the US of A...

Edited by Supra_Natural

GREEN oval : LAND ROVER

BLUE oval : FORD

one may be owned by the other but they are VERY different n not to be confused comradé

Didn't mix up the two ovals mate...... Mixed up the Blue Oval with the the Blue Propellor (As in Beemer)......

I meant that BMW was a strong brand......... Typo there...... but will agree abt the strength of the "GREEN OVAL"

Dunno if ppl will buy LR 3-wheelers though....... they might break down too much :lol:

Edited by Supra_Natural

btw the Maesto was out of production when the Compact landed......

nope that'd b wrong-

the Maestro was on sale from 1991-1994end

the E36 Compact went on sale in early 1994 which meant they were on sale during the sale yr - the sales figures which were put in direct comparison to substantiate the 'exclusivity' claim there by stand n r acccurate @ 7176 for the Maestro & in the liegions of 15,670 for the E36 compact which had ballooned to 109,100 in 1997

nope that'd b wrong-

the Maestro was on sale from 1991-1994end

No, those production years are correct(ish) for the first generation Rover 200 (also known as the 200/400).... introduced in 1989/90....... the maestro was in production from 1983-1993. the 200/400 was intended as it's replacement, but in typical Rover Fashion, the Maestro lived on longer than expected

please note that this is NOT the 1995 400......which was basically a rebadged, slightly reworked Honda Domani..... this car had FAR more Rover input (although it had a lot of honda in it as well), and gathered very good reviews for a Golf-Class car......