• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Forget The Lf-a, Gtr, Nsx. The Audi R8 Is Here!

Blazin

The Audi R8 first drive:

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/first_drive.p...=407&page=1

This car looks amazing! And sounds like it will be a good match for the forthcoming Lexus LF-A, Nissan GTR and Honda NSX in terms of performance as well.

The entry level version is V8 4.2 litre 414bhp but they will bring out a more powerful 500+ bhp 5.0 litre V10.

The Audi R8 first drive:

This car looks amazing! And sounds like it will be a good match for the forthcoming Lexus LF-A, Nissan GTR and Honda NSX in terms of performance as well.

The entry level version is V8 4.2 litre 414bhp but they will bring out a more powerful 500+ bhp 5.0 litre V10.

Sincerley hope someone comes up with a tasteful idea and around 65million to import one of these machines to Sri Lanka. (P:s - I'm praying while I type this :) )

Edited by ashan

The Audi R8 first drive:

:) says it all me thinks.... :P F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C

but if it's all the same to you, I'll wait for the GT-R before I make a statement ;)

The Audi R8 first drive:

Interesting looks. It's based on the Lambo Gallardo.

Nice design... and the engine looks gorgeous! somewhat like the chest of sleeping monster lol... but why does Audi wanna compete with Nissan n Toyotas? I mean Audi, Beemers, Benz r all somewhat in a different class...

Zz

I know what you are saying, but in my opinion I think Lexus and Audi are quite evenly matched. And they are trying to compete with the big boys, Mercedes and BMW. Also BMW and Mercedes don't have a supercar in the price range of the Audi R8, Lexus LF-A and Nissan GTR. Except for if you consider the M6, but you can't really call it a supercar.

I know what you are saying, but in my opinion I think Lexus and Audi are quite evenly matched. And they are trying to compete with the big boys, Mercedes and BMW. Also BMW and Mercedes don't have a supercar in the price range of the Audi R8, Lexus LF-A and Nissan GTR. Except for if you consider the M6, but you can't really call it a supercar.

And the SLR is what? <_< Unless ur sticking price is point is price, I have no idea about the SLR on that.

And the SLR is what? :rolleyes: Unless ur sticking price is point is price, I have no idea about the SLR on that.

I wouldn't call the SLR a mid range supercar. Its fighting with the top of the range Ferrari's and Lambo's. Closest competition from Mercedes is SL55. But that still costs £100k.

And the SLR is what? :rolleyes: Unless ur sticking price is point is price, I have no idea about the SLR on that.

try over GBP 300k :D

love the engine bay on the R8... bathed in carbon fibre

a lot of styling cues from the veyron don't you think?

with all this it still does 20mpg lol...

Edited by sharkster