• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Race Pics From Saturday! Cool!

Watchman

Today was great!!!!

Well, someone forgot to mention to me that spectators aren’t allowed to go in on the qualifier day!!!!! Real nice!!!! So there we (amrit my dad and I) were standing outside not being allowed to go in by the Air Force…. We almost came off when a gentleman came and waited till the on going training session was over to get into the track compound.. so I was speaking to him and apparently he had an event!! and upon introducing myself to him, I found out that he was none other than Mr. Romani De Silva!!! And he was really nice and took us into the track in his car as his guests… really appreciate it!!! Else I would have had to come home…

Anyway, he drove right into the pits and well.. what do you know, I’m in the puts taking pictures.. I got this amazing spot to set up my tripod and Digicam…it was at the very first turn that comes after the pits…

And got some real amazinf pictures.. didn’t even need to use the converter to extend the zoom to 600mm… the even 300mm was too much… I was close enough to smell the rubber burning!

The qualifiers went on till about 2.00pm… and amazing line up of cars

And the new M3 was quite a classy looking car… just go through the pics and you’ll see what I mean…. I have over 400 pictures (about 680MB).. I don’t have a way of posting everything here… got lots of close ups at the PITS… and amazing racing shots.. and lots of engine bays including the Evo7, Evo 9, Vtecs and even the M3… Of anyone needs them, I’ll be glad to share them…. MADZ, anything you can do about it???

And if you thought that M3 was the most expensive car that I would have seen.. wrong… I saw the new S class!!!! Ya, after things ended it came in and Dinesh Deheragoda got into the passenger side and it ran a lap or 2 around the track… pretty fast thing that is!!!!

Those of you who go tomorrow take some pics for me to see as well!!!

Well, enjoy the pics!!!!

Dilesh

PS: sorry with the uploading... had some issues.. PC kept freezing..

img2265zi.th.jpg img1970te.th.jpg

img01379hq.th.jpg img03365nr.th.jpg

img01423nu.th.jpg

img01230ra.th.jpg

img2174bj.th.jpg

Mr. Romani De Silva

img03228dd.th.jpg img03276tu.th.jpg

Aravinda's new ride

img2238vl.th.jpg

let me know what u think

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today was great!!!!

Well, someone forgot to mention to me that spectators aren’t allowed to go in on the qualifier day!!!!! Real nice!!!! So there we (amrit my dad and I) were standing outside not being allowed to go in by the Air Force…. We almost came off when a gentleman came and waited till the on going training session was over to get into the track compound.. so I was speaking to him and apparently he had an event!! and upon introducing myself to him, I found out that he was none other than Mr. Romani De Silva!!! And he was really nice and took us into the track in his car as his guests… really appreciate it!!! Else I would have had to come home…

Anyway, he drove right into the pits and well.. what do you know, I’m in the puts taking pictures.. I got this amazing spot to set up my tripod and Digicam…it was at the very first turn that comes after the pits…

And got some real amazinf pictures.. didn’t even need to use the converter to extend the zoom to 600mm… the even 300mm was too much… I was close enough to smell the rubber burning!

And the new M3 was quite a classy looking car… just go through the pics and you’ll see what I mean…. I have over 400 pictures (about 680MB).. I don’t have a way of posting everything here… got lots of close ups at the PITS… and amazing racing shots.. and lots of engine bays including the Evo7, Evo 9, Vtecs and even the M3… Of anyone needs them, I’ll be glad to share them…. MADZ, anything you can do about it???

And if you thought that M3 was the most expensive car that I would have seen.. wrong… I saw the new S class!!!! Ya, after things ended it came in and Dinesh Deheragoda got into the passenger side and it ran a lap or 2 around the track… pretty fast thing that is!!!!

Well, enjoy the pics!!!!

Dilesh

img2265zi.th.jpg

mate, there's only 1 pic. would u mind posting some more

who's M3 is it?? is it jayanathans (hope i got da name right)

cheers

Today was great!!!!

Well, enjoy the pics!!!!

Dilesh

img2265zi.th.jpg

Hay Dilesh, Thanks for the updates man...mmm It was so nice of Mr. Romani De Silva for giving you a chance to see the cars. Ya we will be going tomm, hoping to take some good pictures of the races...

Btw I'd like to see the photos you took...’it will be nice if you can just drop in at our autolanka office on any week day and hand it to me...just give me a buzz be4 u come (071-4166665).

Thanks,

Madhawa Mutukumarana

Team Autolanka

[email protected]

sorry...

imageshak is killing me....

I'll call you up MADZ...

i'll add some more in the night if i can do it right....

and guys i wanna see pics from tmorw as well!! ok!!!!

Hay Dilesh, just drop me a mail..I'll give you acess to the Autolanka Gallery..then you can straight away upload photos into it. just send a mail to "[email protected]" or SMS me your e-mail addy.

Tx

mate, there's only 1 pic. would u mind posting some more

who's M3 is it?? is it jayanathans (hope i got da name right)

cheers

yep.. thats his new car....

i posted some more pics, but i'm not sure if i'll be able to post everything... lokos like i've taken 468 pictures today.... viva la digital photography :angry-smiley-048:

i'll talk to Madz and see how to get all (or as much as posible) on autoanka....

and what kinda pics would u guys like? stills from the pits? or the ones from the track?

and those of you going tomorrow.. take pictures!!!

:D

nice pics bro ,any more pics of the gt class ?.do u have any pics of the S class ,cuz if its an black one its maheth cuz his cousin said there going for the races today,any more pics of the 1300 cc catergory

i couldnt take a clear pic of the S-class... io had just removed the zoom lense and fitted the standard lens.. and the S-clas was on the other side of the airfeild...

yes, it was black...

img03571hk.th.jpg

i'm not sure of the classes.. but i presume the even all the honda's ran is the 1300 event.. couldnt here a thing being announced from where i was (right at the 1st turn)

img0016s0nt.th.jpg img0182s2th.th.jpg

img0080s7fo.th.jpg img0071s9rw.th.jpg img0075s4nv.th.jpg

i couldnt take a clear pic of the S-class... io had just removed the zoom lense and fitted the standard lens.. and the S-clas was on the other side of the airfeild...

yes, it was black...

img03571hk.th.jpg

i'm not sure of the classes.. but i presume the even all the honda's ran is the 1300 event.. couldnt here a thing being announced from where i was (right at the 1st turn)

img0016s0nt.th.jpg img0182s2th.th.jpg

img0080s7fo.th.jpg img0071s9rw.th.jpg img0075s4nv.th.jpg

hey that black benz is 2007 model S class isn't it? Damn how much does it cost in SL? after tax???? is it a S65AMG or S550?

Damn, thats crazy. I haven't even seen one of those on the road in America yet!

Is that M3 a CS or a CSL? or just a 3 series with the M3 works? It'd be cool if they have atleast one CSL in Sri Lanka.

Good job with the pics, Dilesh!

I think the BMW is a normal M3 not CSL..

Man even I haven't scene a single 2007 S class in the UK.. saw it first on TopGear like 3-4 months back.. It got new kind of cruise control system which enables it to slow down and gain speed by detecting speed (rather distance) of the car in front..

thanks for pics Dilesh..

OK, my pics are up from Sunday. Madz, u need to add a link from whereever :action-smiley-060:

These photos courtsey autoLanka.com. Pls credit autoLanka.com and the Photographer (urs truely) if u wanna spread these around. Had to go thru a fair amount of effort to bring u these, the heat was INTENSE, so pls don't try passing these off as ur own. (Like some ppl on hi5 occasionaly do) :) Ummm, actually, u better check with Madz if he is ok with spreading these around, coz these pics are on AutoLanka Commision. I'll add descriptions later. I gotta work on the article Madz wanted and I have other things to attend to as well.

Um, the link is the second one in my sig. Fotopic :P

I think the BMW is a normal M3 not CSL..

Man even I haven't scene a single 2007 S class in the UK.. saw it first on TopGear like 3-4 months back.. It got new kind of cruise control system which enables it to slow down and gain speed by detecting speed (rather distance) of the car in front..

thanks for pics Dilesh..

I saw one in Waterloo area last month, which is also black.

thanks for pics Dilesh..

just saw a dark green S320 now.. the new S are coming onto the road pretty quick...

Damn, thats crazy. I haven't even seen one of those on the road in America yet!

Is that M3 a CS or a CSL? or just a 3 series with the M3 works? It'd be cool if they have atleast one CSL in Sri Lanka.

Good job with the pics, Dilesh!

I'm not sure about what kinda M3 it is... here's a pic of the engine bay.. hope it helps..

img0240s9fj.th.jpg

hey!!!

thanks for the pics fromt he races today.. i didnt go through them all, but i'm sure they're great! i just got home and pretty tired, will go through them in the morning..

and MADZ, really sorry i couldnt contact you today... will do so tomorrow...

:rolleyes:

on saturday this car (STi8) had some trouble and was carried away, i presumed they'd fix it and bring it on sunday.. did they?

img0015ss8zl.th.jpg img0110s6gj.th.jpg

by the way, i didnt add my name or the Autolanka logo on the pictures.. i'm hopinf no one will republish these claiming to be their own... i'm counting on your good will....

few more pics

img0156s1oh.th.jpg img0025s2xc.th.jpg img0138s7ox.th.jpg

I'm not sure about what kinda M3 it is... here's a pic of the engine bay.. hope it helps..

img0240s9fj.th.jpg

hey!!!

thanks for the pics fromt he races today.. i didnt go through them all, but i'm sure they're great! i just got home and pretty tired, will go through them in the morning..

and MADZ, really sorry i couldnt contact you today... will do so tomorrow...

:rolleyes:

No worries man..call me when ever you ar free :D btw u got some nice pics ! cool !