• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Your Experience After Ceremic Header Mod

Hola

Question

Hi All, specialy NeXgen,

Can you please post your experience, cost,aftermath after you did your ceremic header modification. Nexgen told me his dad complains about lower fuel efficency which worries me. Is this what anyone who got the mod done has to say?

ceramicheader6mw.jpg

Im anyway heading towards my 3rd mod for my car which is the ceremic header/exuast mod courtesy of mighty Porkster by next month.Got to make way for two barels on my rear bumper (which Dims will help me).

Need to know your experience.

10 answers to this question

Hi All, specialy NeXgen,

Can you please post your experience, cost,aftermath after you did your ceremic header modification. Nexgen told me his dad complains about lower fuel efficency which worries me. Is this what anyone who got the mod done has to say?

ceramicheader6mw.jpg

Im anyway heading towards my 3rd mod for my car which is the ceremic header/exuast mod courtesy of mighty Porkster by next month.Got to make way for two barels on my rear bumper (which Dims will help me).

Need to know your experience.

As far as experience goes i ve got no say lol.. the truth was that ma model didnt have an exact header built for the cause and Porkster (all credits goto him) did some research n came up with a suitable match.. mine was a AE110 1.5 L engine and thus had a AE110 1.6 L header attached.. the difference was immediate as ya could feel additional pulling power and some again in acceleration... got the thing heat wrapped too as it would make it perform more efficiently and total costs i must say was bout 30k..

Relating to the fuel efficiency.. well.. i dnt feel no difference as i ve been driving not as long as ma dad did on this vehicle and thus he should knw better.. these is no worries as the difference is minimal (if there really is) in fuel efficiency and the performance gain depends on the factory header design.. so you cannot guarantee an exact amount of hp after replacing the header... some cars might gain more hp while others not as much..

The only drawback i found is that reaching a high speed especially past 100 kmph takes a teeny weeny bit longer.. i guess ya could attribute this to the 4-2-1 header as these types are more prone to increase acceleration within the lower speeds... if you want top speed a 4-1 header would be the best change... luckily for ya, hondas have a wide range of aftermarket parts at ya disposal.. lol.. n bout it being ceramic.. there is a small issue of it rusting quicker than standard steel headers.. ask Porkster bout it.. n if ya heat wrap it make sure there aint no chance o water going into the wrappings.. ceramic does infact keep the exhaust air hotter n thus quicker to exit giving a slightly more gain...

while at it ask porkster bout the entire exhaust job.. ya d notice a far more gain quicker.. n it d be cheaper doing it at once rather dan stage by stage.. btw wut wuz ya second mod eh? thought only the CAI job was on ya mod list.. :(

good luck wit ya modz buddy!! n give porkster ma regardz.. couldn contact the dude lately...

Zz

Nexgen, this saturday i wil replace my long awaited alloys. So the header is my 3rd mod. I want the header mod to be neat just like the intake we did last year. Do you have a pic of your engine?

I am sure my car will not have a matching problem as yours as there must be ceremic headers for civics, anyway as long as Porkster is there nothing to worry.

But my only conscious is to be neat, i hate to see when the bonet is opened to look like a "Achaaru".

Anyway hope you have read Porkster's articles on this as well.

Nexgen, this saturday i wil replace my long awaited alloys. So the header is my 3rd mod. I want the header mod to be neat just like the intake we did last year. Do you have a pic of your engine?

I am sure my car will not have a matching problem as yours as there must be ceremic headers for civics, anyway as long as Porkster is there nothing to worry.

But my only conscious is to be neat, i hate to see when the bonet is opened to look like a "Achaaru".

Anyway hope you have read Porkster's articles on this as well.

Somebody gotta big inflow o hard cash :( lolz.. what are the alloys you ve bought eh? Wel as for now i ve not got a pic of the engine but I will send you it via email once i get the chance. And dont judge the pics for neatness as ma dad ve bumped into another vehicle n as such the buffer ve been pushed in a bit..

I suppose Upali's gonna be doing the installation.. as for looks.. as long as you do not get water onto the heat wrap it would look ok.. the ceramic header would look more cool if it were left unwrapped.. heatwrap would increase its efficiency though.. yup.. there are abundant ceramic headers so no worries..

As for his articles, I ve read em.. unfortunately the physics parts of the modifications does not easily hit me lolz.. i think ya d be better off with a 4-2-1 header... pork ll knw ya needs though.. dnt worry bout the fuel consumption dude.. it might be attributed to a cone filter which s currently long due on a good cleaning..

n no worries bout the achcharu part.. its not dat ya ll be installing a huge ass ugly piece o piping lolz.. chances r it would add to the looks..

n ado.. get me some pics o ya alloys will ya ;)

Zz

No high cash inflow machang, its 11months of savings which i set aside for my wheels. I just cant bear the noise i get from my current one. The header is financed by our friend untill i pay him later.

Porkster will take care of the instalation, but i think for the double barel job we need to go to Alcardo?

I didnt buy the alloys yet, this saturday is the big day. Will mail you the pics

No high cash inflow machang, its 11months of savings which i set aside for my wheels. I just cant bear the noise i get from my current one. The header is financed by our friend untill i pay him later.

Porkster will take care of the instalation, but i think for the double barel job we need to go to Alcardo?

I didnt buy the alloys yet, this saturday is the big day. Will mail you the pics

Am stuck with cash savings for the exhaust job lolz.. got no idea when that very day would come sigh... what would be the alloys ya purchasing? OZ?

double barrel job hmm... it depends though.. porky ll know ... if it requires mandrel bending then am pretty sure he would take ya towards Kotte to meet Suresh.. else Elcardo ll be suffice though they ve got shitty service at times.. took me 6 hours of staying to finally get ma CAI done :) Have ya designed the bumper to accommodate the dual barrel dude?

Why double beat barrel immediately? Ya could get ya entire exhaust redone with free flowing exhausts n den think bout the double yeah?

Zz

Hi Folks,

Long time no hear eh? Sorry but I've been caught up with some personal issues and work but I do check AL from time to time. Hope you guys are well.

Re: NexGen

Your fuel consumption issue is simply due to the fact that you are stomping on the accelerator more now that you have more low end torque and you like the way your car pulls. Since there are two drivers on the car one is throttle heavy and the other (your Dad) drives like a pappa. In actuality the consumption figure should be same. Do get your filter cleaned if you need help gimme a holler.

Also it won't hurt to get your Oil n Filter, Fuel Filter (nasty dirty fuel here) changed. Check you spark plugs if you're over 20k mileage on the former change em.

As for your top end issue once the point from manifold end to exhaust is done you shouldn't have any issues.

The difference between a 421 and a 41 header is not that huge so don't worry too much on that.

Re: Hola

We need to bring down a header for you as well bro. I will check with DC Sports and AEM and see what they got or we can get a relatively good Chinese one for a fraction of the price. Sometimes Stillen gives me good deals and one-day-only sales so lets see what we can pick up. I'd prefer to go with branded on yours.

As for you remaining manifold-muffler piping we need to get the muffler dude, Suresh is good for this, to do the piping upto the muffler from header end. We can get a nice free flow dual tip muffler from Magnaflow and I think it is best we go with a 2" overall piping diameter with 2" inlet for the muffler. Center barrel also we can get from Magnaflow.

Since all of the above will be pretty much manufactured (mufflers are universal) for your car there won't be any fitment issues even if there is the adjustment will be very slight as in the case for NexGen. The engine bay will not look crappy :)

If you want to do this next month I have to order now so lets meet up on the weekend and do some e-Bay surfing?

Cheers, Porky

Hi Folks,

Long time no hear eh? Sorry but I've been caught up with some personal issues and work but I do check AL from time to time. Hope you guys are well.

Re: NexGen

Your fuel consumption issue is simply due to the fact that you are stomping on the accelerator more now that you have more low end torque and you like the way your car pulls. Since there are two drivers on the car one is throttle heavy and the other (your Dad) drives like a pappa. In actuality the consumption figure should be same. Do get your filter cleaned if you need help gimme a holler.

Also it won't hurt to get your Oil n Filter, Fuel Filter (nasty dirty fuel here) changed. Check you spark plugs if you're over 20k mileage on the former change em.

As for your top end issue once the point from manifold end to exhaust is done you shouldn't have any issues.

The difference between a 421 and a 41 header is not that huge so don't worry too much on that.

Re: Hola

We need to bring down a header for you as well bro. I will check with DC Sports and AEM and see what they got or we can get a relatively good Chinese one for a fraction of the price. Sometimes Stillen gives me good deals and one-day-only sales so lets see what we can pick up. I'd prefer to go with branded on yours.

As for you remaining manifold-muffler piping we need to get the muffler dude, Suresh is good for this, to do the piping upto the muffler from header end. We can get a nice free flow dual tip muffler from Magnaflow and I think it is best we go with a 2" overall piping diameter with 2" inlet for the muffler. Center barrel also we can get from Magnaflow.

Since all of the above will be pretty much manufactured (mufflers are universal) for your car there won't be any fitment issues even if there is the adjustment will be very slight as in the case for NexGen. The engine bay will not look crappy :)

If you want to do this next month I have to order now so lets meet up on the weekend and do some e-Bay surfing?

Cheers, Porky

Wel.. frankly the thought of the more fuel drinkin did bring about the idea bout me drivin with the pedal to da metal as alwayz.. would look into the issues soon though n ll let ya knw bout it.. wel in ma header case i did feel it taking longer to reach 160+ hehe.. just tried it once so no worries.. lmao..

Holaz gonna go wit branded stuf eh? cool scene.. da fellows lucky cuz of it being a honda lol.. else would ve been some JDM such as mine :D so Hola gonna get the entire exhaust inclusive of header done or else would it be only the header?

n Porkster, do some hunting for some matching piping for ma vandiya too buddy.. n come up with an approximate total cost.. dnt wanna go slower dan Hola :D lolz... n just to clear doubts up.. you have nothing to worry bout fitment issues as wit pipes there are always a way...

Zz

Porkster does NOT allow me to have double barel and i am quiet pissed for that. I NEED TWO OUTPUTS ON THE 2 CORNERS!!!

it serves no purpose dude.. y waste money now? get the exhaust job then.. upgrade ya suspension n brakes n then go for styling (bodykitting).. i get reprimanded for focusing more on in car entertainment lmao.. take it step by step n ya wnt regret!

Zz