• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New C Class!

ucscsades

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the real question here is!

Would you buy the New C-class or the New 3-serise?

Put me down for a C-class.

Ahem... anyone considered the new Audi A4 as a choice? :P

umm... 3.5km/l is not THAT bad for 5.0 liters and 245BHP, pulling nearly two tons of style is it GTAm? I know a certain Nissan 3.0 V6 that can do that if pushed...... ;)

thats a Lovely car by the way, is it the only one here? i think i have seen this on the road at least once.. absolutely fantastic :)

Thank you it is a lovely car. It's amazing to think that this is the predecessor of the CL600! I wonder how much that will be!! :blink: . Yeah 3.5km/L is ok for a 5.0 V8 and that bulk. There are four SECs I know of in SL, but two are 380 s and one's with a Diesel conversion. If I'm not mistaken someone (I think the Akbar's)is restoring that car now.

Say GTAm, was this car in at Nadeera's come time ago? A V8, innit?

Yes and yes It's still there. Will get it next week.

Ahem... anyone considered the new Audi A4 as a choice? :P

Alfa 159 for me please ;) !

Aiyo pissudda? Just a suggestion :blink:

machan apart from the RS6 Avant are there any other real RS audi's here??

i've seen a bluish colour S4 - the model before the new A4 - & No*el S*lvanayagams S8

any Quatrro's??

Alfa 159 for me please ;) !

@ GTAm =

Euro motors are gonna bring the 159 down lu...maybe next month...

that is a car worth having - Alfa design + AWD :)

& also what on earth is it with the Akbar Bro's & collecting mercs???? :P

A) machan apart from the RS6 Avant are there any other real RS audi's here??

i've seen a bluish colour S4 - the model before the new A4 - & No*el S*lvanayagams S8

any Quatrro's??

Devinda,

There are NO (real) RS6 versions in SL..no (real) S4 versions in SL either. There are TWO S8 versions in SL however. One belongs to some Ministry and the other can be seen @ Senok. There are couple of Quattro versions in SL running around, but they are from the previous generations. On a more related note, the Audi A6 is much better when compared to the competitors. I'm not been biased abt this but ya'll can drop in @ tha showroom somewhere in March and check the validity of my statement. (I can just see Peri loading his gun to shoot me :P ...this is NOT marketing bro)... but I do agree when one states that Mercedes Benz own a major market share and enjoy a major market presence in SL!

i've seen a GK plate 2.8L Quattro A6... and those S8's have to be quattros yes?

and aren't all the TT's quattro?

nope that silver TT - (GL-3666) is aFRONT wheel drive 1.8T!!

same goes for the Red TT as well né Ashan?

is there a 3rd TT in the island?

@ashan exactly how many known quattro's aroung? any with the sport pack?

also ae there any ORGINAL Quatrro's of the S1 gerneration here??

@ GTAm =

Euro motors are gonna bring the 159 down lu...maybe next month...

that is a car worth having - Alfa design + AWD :D

& also what on earth is it with the Akbar Bro's & collecting mercs???? :D

Yeah but I can't afford it. Should be aover 10 Mill :lol: . Plus Alfa is lightening the chasis as the current one is too heavy and blunts performance. So better wait.

Akbars love Mercs. But they have quite a collection of other stuff as well.

nope that silver TT - (GL-3666) is aFRONT wheel drive 1.8T!!

same goes for the Red TT as well né Ashan?

is there a 3rd TT in the island?

@ashan exactly how many known quattro's aroung? any with the sport pack?

also ae there any ORGINAL Quatrro's of the S1 gerneration here??

The red convertible TT is a 225 quattro I'm told. It's supposedly up for sale. I've seen quite a few quattro A6s and there's a 1st medel A4 for sale in the MotorMag.

I doubt there are any Original Quattros here. Although I wish there were.

The red convertible TT is a 225 quattro I'm told. It's supposedly up for sale. I've seen quite a few quattro A6s and there's a 1st medel A4 for sale in the MotorMag.

@10million there only 2 new cars woth buying for moi - é 159 or a 300C

but where's the money to finance that! :D

as for é TT,that Red one was advertised a while back -thought it would have been moved by now...

that A4 has now been scooped up by A*mal - its in bad shape

thats the car i was speaking of on some other thread -

its got SEVERE wear on the Intrior panels , looks like its been repainted or touched up , Alloys r aftermarket & most certianly have more width than it should -rather odd lookng

&there's something odd abt the break disks which make me wonder if they're tell tale signs of Warping... :D

its a shame-Superficially looks fine - but there somthing in the pit of me stomach which tells me otherwise :lol:

A) Firstly all "S" series Audis are Quattros.

:D Not All TTs are Quattro.

C) Quattro comes as an extra option for the standard Audis (A3, A4, A6, A8, TT etc...)

D) For under Rs.10million you also have the choice of the NEW Passat. A pretty decent car with a decent interior and enough power for a day to day car. If your really keen, you can also check out the Golf GTi :D but I understand that it doesnt serve the purpose of a family sedan....even the 407 is a pretty smart looking car and shouldn't be ignored.

A) Firstly all "S" series Audis are Quattros.

D) For under Rs.10million you also have the choice of the NEW Passat. A pretty decent car with a decent interior and enough power for a day to day car. If your really keen, you can also check out the Golf GTi :D but I understand that it doesnt serve the purpose of a family sedan....even the 407 is a pretty smart looking car and shouldn't be ignored.

so does that mean the Silvery-blue-lavander coloured pre present get A4 with the S-Line kit is really a Quattro or is it just the kit

& also what of those MTM badged 1.8T A4's with twin exhuasts? again cosmetic only is it??

one small hitch with ur suggesion- all the cars u suggested r FF cars - AWD or@least FR is the way to go :D

407 is downright cozy but its Peugeot which is worrying... :lol:

U send me the mag, I'll read it :D

kidding. Don't suppose they have a site?

machan still i haven’t had a chance to go home .so i'll post it for sure till then watch these videos

so does that mean the Silvery-blue-lavander coloured pre present get A4 with the S-Line kit is really a Quattro or is it just the kit

& also what of those MTM badged 1.8T A4's with twin exhuasts? again cosmetic only is it??

one small hitch with ur suggesion- all the cars u suggested r FF cars - AWD or@least FR is the way to go :alc:

407 is downright cozy but its Peugeot which is worrying... :lol:

The particular A4 your reffereing to is actually a Diesel... 1.9TDi (6 forward manual)...thats got the S4 body kit. The S-line kit actually is a bit different. If you have seen a black Audi A4 with special side skirts and a lip with SILVER side-mirrors and 17" rims bearing a HX-xxxx registeration.. thats got the S-Line package. This car is actually chipped and produces 220bhp as opposed to the 163bhp which comes for the standard Audi A4 (1.8Turbo).

There are couple of MTM tuned cars, but the issue is; if the client wants the car chipped, he/she will loose the 2yr warranty. As for the twin exhausts, thats more or less a trademark with Audi design. However this too was an option earlier. The new generation Audis which are imported come with the twin exhaust as a standard function. but if the client want a single exhaust, that could be done without a cost.

The particular A4 your reffereing to is actually a Diesel... 1.9TDi (6 forward manual)...thats got the S4 body kit. The S-line kit actually is a bit different. If you have seen a black Audi A4 with special side skirts and a lip with SILVER side-mirrors and 17" rims bearing a HX-xxxx registeration.. thats got the S-Line package. This car is actually chipped and produces 220bhp as opposed to the 163bhp which comes for the standard Audi A4 (1.8Turbo).

There are couple of MTM tuned cars, but the issue is; if the client wants the car chipped, he/she will loose the 2yr warranty. As for the twin exhausts, thats more or less a trademark with Audi design. However this too was an option earlier. The new generation Audis which are imported come with the twin exhaust as a standard function. but if the client want a single exhaust, that could be done without a cost.

ur joking! :alc: typical of our local chaps to put a kit on a diesel!

ah yeah ive seen that Black one-didnt know it was perfromance tuned

its good to know that there are chipped cars around here - so once they hit the 2nd hand market there r gonna be some lucky buyers :lol:

if someone were to get down a USED RS4 previous to the generation currently on sale Through s*nok , how much would it cost?& do u'll undertake imports like that?

Devinda,

There are NO (real) RS6 versions in SL..no (real) S4 versions in SL either. There are TWO S8 versions in SL however. One belongs to some Ministry and the other can be seen @ Senok. There are couple of Quattro versions in SL running around, but they are from the previous generations. On a more related note, the Audi A6 is much better when compared to the competitors. I'm not been biased abt this but ya'll can drop in @ tha showroom somewhere in March and check the validity of my statement. (I can just see Peri loading his gun to shoot me :alc: ...this is NOT marketing bro)... but I do agree when one states that Mercedes Benz own a major market share and enjoy a major market presence in SL!

I'll shoot u after the test drive and photoshoot if I don't agree with u. Still waiting for Madz schedule to clear to set that up :lol: I haven't given up on the idea

@10million there only 2 new cars woth buying for moi - é 159 or a 300C

but where's the money to finance that! :alc:

Yes. Cars are so damn expensive and getting worse with the depreciation of the rupee. And yes I'd take the 159. 300C looks great value but I have yet to drive it! And I've not driven an American car yet!

machang wht exactly is that merc?? engine?

& was it urs?

looks massive - kinda like a Mafia Bosse's car :alc:

No machan it’s not mine…. It’s one of my friends… This is a Mercedes-Benz SL-Class… this one is SL500 one of a kind car… comes with 5 liter V8 engine uses the Mercedes-Benz twin-spark, 3-valve-per-cylinder technology that reduces start-up emissions with no loss of horsepower compared to 4-valve designs. As a result, the V-8 produces a peak output of 302 horsepower at 5600 rpm and a torque plateau of 339 foot-pounds from 2700 rpm to 4250 rpm. 0-60 mph acceleration to 6.1 seconds. Market price US$ 95,160 :lol:

A) ur joking! :) typical of our local chaps to put a kit on a diesel!

B) if someone were to get down a USED RS4 previous to the generation currently on sale Through s*nok , how much would it cost?& do u'll undertake imports like that?

A) Bro those 1.9TDi A4s pack a hell of a lot of torque!

B)Its pointless getting down a used car cos you would be paying more or less the amount of a brand new RS4....we can all thank the individual(s) who set the taxes.. :alc: ...to get down a new RS4, it will cost around Rs.45million (+ 20% VAT)

I'll shoot u after the test drive and photoshoot if I don't agree with u. Still waiting for Madz schedule to clear to set that up :P I haven't given up on the idea

Well you saw the car first hand Peri :P , other than the drive feel of it, whats your unbiased opinion of the car in terms of looks (interior/exterior) when compared to the competitors?

B)Its pointless getting down a used car cos you would be paying more or less the amount of a brand new RS4....we can all thank the individual(s) who set the taxes.. :alc: ...to get down a new RS4, it will cost around Rs.45million (+ 20% VAT)

Oh as we in the DNRC call them, in-duh-viduals.

Well you saw the car first hand Peri :) , other than the drive feel of it, whats your unbiased opinion of the car in terms of looks (interior/exterior) when compared to the competitors?

I need to check out the competition that close. I may need to pop by Merc showrooms and Prestige :P The A6 will compete with the 5 series and the E-class right? The last E-class I checked out what madmax's and that was some time ago. Tho Madz is gonna have to give me some AL business cards if I'm to do that right :P ("Yes, I'm from AL and we would like to do a review on ur car. .... yes .. yes.. :) )

tho I must say, very nice cabin. Nice look. Interior and exterior are very impressive. couple of buttons on the door that I couldn't figure out tho. B) Stumped Madz and Madmax too. Engine seemed a bit small at 2l, but that was the smallest available, and gotta try it on the move to really see if it is. I do agree that it does seem value for money compared to the competition.

Oh as we in the DNRC call them, in-duh-viduals.

I need to check out the competition that close. I may need to pop by Merc showrooms and Prestige :) The A6 will compete with the 5 series and the E-class right? The last E-class I checked out what madmax's and that was some time ago. Tho Madz is gonna have to give me some AL business cards if I'm to do that right :P ("Yes, I'm from AL and we would like to do a review on ur car. .... yes .. yes.. :alc: )

tho I must say, very nice cabin. Nice look. Interior and exterior are very impressive. couple of buttons on the door that I couldn't figure out tho. :P Stumped Madz and Madmax too. Engine seemed a bit small at 2l, but that was the smallest available, and gotta try it on the move to really see if it is. I do agree that it does seem value for money compared to the competition.

"Come give me some love brother" B) ...thnx for the comments skipper....the buttons your reffering to could be the memory seat functions...we could have got down tha 2.4L (177bhp)...but with the 2.0T (turbo) FSi (170bhp)....there's only a 7 bhp difference. And the turbo gives much better power when you need it! Also yes, it does log heads with tha E class & the 5 Series. I'll let ya'll know when the new batch of cars arrive and lets organise a photo-shoot and a test drive for AL. Cheers