• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Brake Upgrade For 2000 Honda City

srajendr

Hi all,

I have a 2000 Honda City VTEC, with 16" wheels. Would like to upgrade my brakes (disks and calipers). The ones on the car are real small and bigger one should stop better, not to mention look good.

Does anyone have any experience with upgrading brakes on a City? Or any advice on where I can go to look for upgrade (as in a shop etc) in SL.

Tried searcing the web for info, but there precious little info on the City.

Regards,

Suresh

Hi all,

I have a 2000 Honda City VTEC, with 16" wheels. Would like to upgrade my brakes (disks and calipers). The ones on the car are real small and bigger one should stop better, not to mention look good.

Does anyone have any experience with upgrading brakes on a City? Or any advice on where I can go to look for upgrade (as in a shop etc) in SL.

Tried searcing the web for info, but there precious little info on the City.

Regards,

Suresh

hey me too got da same model bro. i know the brakes aren't the best. but if uve got a manual dat and brakes should help enuf to stop da car. anyway i can direct you to a few ppl who cud help you, drop a mail to me on [email protected]

Brakes are available in plenty and unless you got some heavy modz making you move faster i doubt whether it would be necessary for ya to upgrade ya brakes.. anyways there are plenty of slotted/cryo-slotted rotor upgrades which are pretty basic modz for ya model on the net... do a search via ebay n ya ll come up with loads of hits.. make sure though it is compatible with your car model..

but the stock brakes are suffice in stopping power the way they are.. unles ya got some daredevil tricks under ya sleeves..

Zz

Brakes are available in plenty and unless you got some heavy modz making you move faster i doubt whether it would be necessary for ya to upgrade ya brakes.. anyways there are plenty of slotted/cryo-slotted rotor upgrades which are pretty basic modz for ya model on the net... do a search via ebay n ya ll come up with loads of hits.. make sure though it is compatible with your car model..

but the stock brakes are suffice in stopping power the way they are.. unles ya got some daredevil tricks under ya sleeves..

Zz

woha i am surprised to hear u say that. not so long ago u told me of plans to upgrade ur own brakes and recommended same to me as well :lol:

anyway how much are those brakes u told cost? the roginal 4 pads from stafford set me back 20k last time :alc:

Motorc*de had a few ventilated sets of disks & pads.. dont know if they'll fit though, no calipers.. "16 rims really serve no purpose other than looks on a City. Dont worry about the brakes your wheels will slow you down anyway as you are anyway losing out on performance :alc:

woha i am surprised to hear u say that. not so long ago u told me of plans to upgrade ur own brakes and recommended same to me as well :lol:

anyway how much are those brakes u told cost? the roginal 4 pads from stafford set me back 20k last time :alc:

duh.. i ve gotta modded car lad n i dont have mercy on the throttle either :D i need it i accept it.. well it depends on ya need for speed factor.. the idea of brake upgrades came to mind as a motorbike dude was barely saved from me car cuz of him swerving.. luckily for him.. managed to cut to a side n brake a bit.. more braking power though is mandatory in ma case..

in your case.. the more the weight the more the strain on the brakes thus less stopping power :D jkz.. ya ll definitely love it as most aftermarket stuff increases the stopping power by 25% odd thus allowing you to brake a bit late (NOT RECOMMENDED)! right now buddy am left in a crossroad where i gotta prioratise.. either more speed via getting a blow job (exhaust mind ya) or more safer driving (braking) sniff.. no idea for now nevertheless..

there are ceramic based stuff too which have the highest stopping power n reliability.. for our use though.. i guess cryo-slotted rotors with the normal brake pads would do good.. last time i checked a pair (i think) costs about 35-40k (with shipping).. some brand called powersledge or something..

pads in the sense, just the standard brake pads? 20k??!!!

Zz

duh.. i ve gotta modded car lad n i dont have mercy on the throttle either :alc: i need it i accept it.. well it depends on ya need for speed factor.. the idea of brake upgrades came to mind as a motorbike dude was barely saved from me car cuz of him swerving.. luckily for him.. managed to cut to a side n brake a bit.. more braking power though is mandatory in ma case..

in your case.. the more the weight the more the strain on the brakes thus less stopping power :lol: jkz.. ya ll definitely love it as most aftermarket stuff increases the stopping power by 25% odd thus allowing you to brake a bit late (NOT RECOMMENDED)! right now buddy am left in a crossroad where i gotta prioratise.. either more speed via getting a blow job (exhaust mind ya) or more safer driving (braking) sniff.. no idea for now nevertheless..

there are ceramic based stuff too which have the highest stopping power n reliability.. for our use though.. i guess cryo-slotted rotors with the normal brake pads would do good.. last time i checked a pair (i think) costs about 35-40k (with shipping).. some brand called powersledge or something..

pads in the sense, just the standard brake pads? 20k??!!!

Zz

yah dat 4 brake pads wit fittin costed dat much if my memory serves right. sadly itz rear smaller padz dat r more expensive too. bdw keep me also posted on the brakes thingy, anyway how wud u verify whether those products in ebay comply to your car?

yah dat 4 brake pads wit fittin costed dat much if my memory serves right. sadly itz rear smaller padz dat r more expensive too. bdw keep me also posted on the brakes thingy, anyway how wud u verify whether those products in ebay comply to your car?

I'll be following porkster's tip as per last header modification.. i definitely wont be able to find anything related to ma sprinter other than JDM engines for sale.. but the 1995-97 Corolla 1.6 L shares a similiar engine n thus somewhat similiar body parts.. so i ll be hunting for the Corolla based rotors which ll definitely fit mine..

only case where i almost went to get scrwed was when i was so keen o getting some projector lights down.. corolla headlamps are smaller than sprinters..

Zz

I'll be following porkster's tip as per last header modification.. i definitely wont be able to find anything related to ma sprinter other than JDM engines for sale.. but the 1995-97 Corolla 1.6 L shares a similiar engine n thus somewhat similiar body parts.. so i ll be hunting for the Corolla based rotors which ll definitely fit mine..

only case where i almost went to get scrwed was when i was so keen o getting some projector lights down.. corolla headlamps are smaller than sprinters..

Zz

I rember Porkster saying you were after a brake upgrade too. But its said that you dont need that. And i didnt know yours is a 1.6

mine aint a 1.6 L dude.. its a 1.5 L.. thing is there aint no aftermarket components for the 1.5 L so i had to placebo with 1.6 L.. the brakes kinda unnecessary for now yup.. but after da blow job it d be mandatory i suppose.. safety first..

Zz

mine aint a 1.6 L dude.. its a 1.5 L.. thing is there aint no aftermarket components for the 1.5 L so i had to placebo with 1.6 L.. the brakes kinda unnecessary for now yup.. [but after da blow job it d be mandatory i suppose.. safety first..Zz

:):P:alc: ok NexGen Brotha...Watch it.... :P

Edited by Hola

Zz

Hey Zz, Yup, agree with you for the most part. My car is bone stock exept for the wheels/tires and shouldn't need brake upgrades. However, I've recently being thinking that better brakes might be better...specially after my recently experience on my drive home. When in SL, I have a long drive home and would like to see what upgrades are avail and what they cost.

@ Hola - Cool it bro.. dnt get all excited now.. what i meant was the exhaust job hehe..

@ sraj - rotor upgrades are kinda costly.. n frankly i ve got no idea whether the parts are available here.. well.. for specific models maybe.. but all models i doubt.. n the best part is that these rotor upgrades wont affect the ABS systems atleast i was told so..

there was a bloody good description on brakes by porkster in a thread... cant remember where it is :-(

Zz

Hey Zz, Yup, agree with you for the most part. My car is bone stock exept for the wheels/tires and shouldn't need brake upgrades. However, I've recently being thinking that better brakes might be better...specially after my recently experience on my drive home. When in SL, I have a long drive home and would like to see what upgrades are avail and what they cost.

replied to your mail bro.