• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Classic / Vintage Car With Driver Wanted For A Day!

milindu

Hey All,

A travel company is looking for Classic or Vintage cars in good reliable condition to do a city tour of Colombo running for a few hours. The Tourists will be arriving by Cruise Ship and will be in Colombo on the 20th of February 2007.

If interested...I can get you in contact direct with them and there is about 10k being paid for the few hours.

The requirement is the car to be a vintage or classic with enough space for the driver, the guide and two passengers. They also require the Insurance, Revenue License and the Drivers ID details to arrange for port entry. It has to be in good enough condition to make the tour (2-3 hours)

Mail me on [email protected]

(I presumed that this is not banned advertising since there is no proper WANTED section)

Hey All,

A travel company is looking for Classic or Vintage cars in good reliable condition to do a city tour of Colombo running for a few hours. The Tourists will be arriving by Cruise Ship and will be in Colombo on the 20th of February 2007.

If interested...I can get you in contact direct with them and there is about 10k being paid for the few hours.

The requirement is the car to be a vintage or classic with enough space for the driver, the guide and two passengers. They also require the Insurance, Revenue License and the Drivers ID details to arrange for port entry. It has to be in good enough condition to make the tour (2-3 hours)

Mail me on [email protected]

(I presumed that this is not banned advertising since there is no proper WANTED section)

what sort of cars they prefer? at least any preferred YOM? make?

They haven't specified. Im guessing they are looking at 60's and before. But I can check if there is a particular car on the boderline.

machang text me ur number(view profile) - there's someone who has cars like that which your looking for - but i have no idea if he'll rent - text me n i'll send u his number - spk to him n see...

machang isnt that second picture of the DKW ??? wasnt that up for sale????

I think thats the Skoda.

And machang, isn't that your Benz? Restored now?

No...that was a DKW Four door sedan/hatch. This one is a Skoda Roadster 1950 model. Only two in SL :lol:

Ah, beaten :D

lol....looks like someones revving up to beat all others to the post/reply eh? :lol::D

ah...yes...now i remember..they did a feature abt this Roadster in the Motor mag i believe...

Oh don't worry Devinda you are well on target...

Yeah thats the car. Those photos didnt comeout that great as the day was overcast.

Yeah thats the only car I own. 1972 Mercedes 280S (First in the series of S-Class vehicles). 99% done now. Must take it to the agents for a tune up.

aah - i thought the White Austin (or what i think looks like it) in the 1st pic was ur one??

but ur Merc looks properly "butch" :D

oh n speaking of merc restorations - one of my freinds needs some enigne work done on a W124 - 6 Cyl petrol engine - Carb issues - know anyone good??

aah - i thought the White Austin (or what i think looks like it) in the 1st pic was ur one??

but ur Merc looks properly "butch" :D

oh n speaking of merc restorations - one of my freinds needs some enigne work done on a W124 - 6 Cyl petrol engine - Carb issues - know anyone good??

Well all the cars including the Austin are owned by the company. The Merc is registered to me. Its a decent drive with creature comforts.

Our own guys did the work on the engine. You can get the carb work done at M^CRO in Nawala. Im considering taking the car to the agents for finer turning cos the burn is still quite raw.