• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Recommend a good mechanic for brake issues?

Vlad

Question

Hi guys,

I have a 2008 Swift and I am encountering some brake issues. The pedal is pretty hard to push, so am suspecting a brake booster issue? The car judders when at low speed when applying the brake. The pads are fine.

Can you recommend a good mechanic? I live in Madiwela.

There are plenty of garages around here, but in there are also too many inept mechanics around, and since this is an issue with the brakes I want to get it done properly and not get ripped off at the same time. I took my car once to a place in Kohuwala (near Laugfs), and they were somewhat expensive and also didn't do a complete job. When I returned and complained, the answers were vague and dismissive. I'm sure you all have been through this before. So I don't want to just walk into a some garage and get them checked out without some prior recommendation.

Thank you.

(Apologies if this question has been asked before, but I could find anything relevant in the search.)

Edited by Vlad

2 answers to this question

Worthwhile getting the braking system checked beyond the booster too.

Like if caliper pins are not sticking and pistons are moving freely as they should. 

I get my work done at Bruce Motorsports. They are passing Malabe and you can locate on google. 

Not a complicated fix so most shops should be able to sort it out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ripper said:

Worthwhile getting the braking system checked beyond the booster too.

Like if caliper pins are not sticking and pistons are moving freely as they should. 

I get my work done at Bruce Motorsports. They are passing Malabe and you can locate on google. 

Not a complicated fix so most shops should be able to sort it out. 

Thank you.