• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Recommend Me A Car 4 2.5 Million

zeem35

Question

• Answers 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

i am no civic fan but é TYpe R has nice aggresive Styling :blink: & isuru as big as it may be it handles relatively well!! i was impressed by how it cornered!

I'm no Civic fan either, and I'm NOT impressed with the cornering. The hatchbacks seem decent, but even Nigel's Type R drifts like crazy, tho I'll admit, maybe more to do with the driver than the car, but on Sedans... NOT impressed. And I'm talking of the EG and EKs here.

I'm no Civic fan either, and I'm NOT impressed with the cornering. The hatchbacks seem decent, but even Nigel's Type R drifts like crazy, tho I'll admit, maybe more to do with the driver than the car, but on Sedans... NOT impressed. And I'm talking of the EG and EKs here.

i was reffering to the é FA - 2006 Model

n it doesnt really count as drift when a FF car understeers with lota tire squeal around a corner <_<:angry:

i was reffering to the é FA - 2006 Model

n it doesnt really count as drift when a FF car understeers with lota tire squeal around a corner <_<:angry:

Nigel wasn't understeering dude. The bugger really knows his stuff behind the wheel, I'm talking proper drift with just a hint of countersteer for correction. Ask the guys who have seen him do it at Katu.

Nigel wasn't understeering dude. The bugger really knows his stuff behind the wheel, I'm talking proper drift with just a hint of countersteer for correction. Ask the guys who have seen him do it at Katu.

taken - that mans reputation precedes him n puts him in good stead :angry:

but its insane when a guy drifts a FF Toyota AE92 Corolla UK spec 4A-GE hatch around é Greenpath SLTA round abt with 3~4 of lift on the back wheel!!!!!!!

...that was phenominal...totally in control - i was in the ppassenger seat trying not to wet me shorts cuz i swear i could SEE the way we came-pro media n all- as we were mid way through corner entry!!!!

truly awesome n frightning - TOTAL adrenelin rush!! <_<

Would drift via FF vehicles be possible? or would it be a powerslide eh? The Type R is an impressive piece o honda, me cuz bro had one earlier and just took it for a ride n it handles like rails.. not sure bout da cornering though.. from wut i knw cornering has more to do with driving skill than mechanical ingenuity..

have a pal whos a bit of a psycho.. took a bloody turn at over 120 kmph.. i tried but found that me car was understeering :-( ... his was a mere FB14..

Bout lancers.. i thought lancers are deemed quite reliable no? oh wel.. atleast thats wut ma thoughts are about mistus..

Zz

Would drift via FF vehicles be possible? or would it be a powerslide eh? The Type R is an impressive piece o honda, me cuz bro had one earlier and just took it for a ride n it handles like rails.. not sure bout da cornering though.. from wut i knw cornering has more to do with driving skill than mechanical ingenuity..

The term "it handles like rails" is used to talk about cornering, not about how it goes in a straight line. Your statement contradicts itself.

Now my baby handles like its on rails. Will understeer if pushed (FF after all), but mostly, just sticks to the line u wanna take. The only time I have understeered mine is at Pannala, and then not too badly. Tho Speedholic lost the front end completely and continued in a straight line while steering. Talent, that <_<

The term "it handles like rails" is used to talk about cornering, not about how it goes in a straight line. Your statement contradicts itself.

Now my baby handles like its on rails. Will understeer if pushed (FF after all), but mostly, just sticks to the line u wanna take. The only time I have understeered mine is at Pannala, and then not too badly. Tho Speedholic lost the front end completely and continued in a straight line while steering. Talent, that <_<

oh.. wut me meant was that cornering has more to do bout driving ... i didnt necessarily say that i didnt corner the Type R.. in fact I did.. though i aint no hardcore manual addict... wut would be the approximate speed at which you cornered eh?

Zz

@Peri

hehe..

which car you would prefer if u had 2.5 million

Vios/ Yaris(Sedan)/ Lancer CK4/ Civic RS/ IST

I'd hold my money and look for another choice.

Vios - nope. couple of things about it I don't like

Yaris - nope. I hate the face. It looks like a happy car from a childrens book.

Lancer CK4 - maybe. depends on the car

Civic RS - Do I even need to say it.

IST - Nope, don't like the general shape and size.

Personal pref, none of the above. I'd be aiming at a jeep anyway.

oh.. wut me meant was that cornering has more to do bout driving ... i didnt necessarily say that i didnt corner the Type R.. in fact I did.. though i aint no hardcore manual addict... wut would be the approximate speed at which you cornered eh?

Zz

welll thats the trouble with auto's - unless ur into "left foot breaking" corner ntry on auto's will always be slower , unless of course u wanna be brave n go "into" the corner quite literally! :huh:

but in a normal FF car i'd we weary of taking say a 30^ bend at more than a 80~100kmph...

& also unlik a FR or AWD car where u can power outta the coner n use é trottle to line it up while going around é bend - since the FF car has é power n steering through the same wheels it'll just swing out :(

@Peri

hehe..

which car you would prefer if u had 2.5 million

If I'm not mistaken the Yaris is close to 3.3 mill. How about a registered Mazda 3/Axela would it not fall into your price bracket?

If I'm not mistaken the Yaris is close to 3.3 mill. How about a registered Mazda 3/Axela would it not fall into your price bracket?

yup brand new its 3.3

but recon should be 2.4~2.7

he really wants an Axela - but those things r pricy!! :( 4.2 B/new - used 3.2-3.5 ish - so outta his league unfortunately

ok guyz wat falls into ur jeep category??

mid size SUVs?? :S

Zeem for that money you'll get a high mileage battered CRV, Rav4 or Vitara. Do you really want a poof car?

If I were to spend 2.5mill. I'd get a English reg low mileage brand new import 2.0 Peugeot 406. One of my pals had one for 2 years with almost no trouble. If you argue that maitenence is expensive etc....

You'll spend only 2m. You can keep the 500k for mainatinence.

It drives and rides a lot better than all the cars you've discussed above. And even though its very common it still looks good.

GTAm has spoken B) !!

@GTam

thx B)

can u find me mazda 3 for around 2.5 million??

how unlucky im my friend sold his perfect condition Mazda3

for only 2.6 million only 8 months used.. no problems at all.. that was 2 months back..

cant i get hold of an one year used Mazda 3 for 2.6 mil ?

ZEEM your NOT listening machan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B)

every post someone tells you its not in your budget & suggest a perfectly acceptable alternative

<_<

BUT YOU IGONRE this n go back to your intial question - It defeats the purpose of this thread & the very question you've asked in your this thread's TOPIC!!

:mellow:

@GTAm -i dunno abt é 406 - but cant argue with Pininfarina styling!! :D

Hey Zeem35,

Vios and Yaris are smaller cars which are one below the Corolla/ Civic level. Yaris is not bad and very economical. Just not as comfy as the registered Corolla you can buy for the same amount of cash.

The Lancer is not bad...but I felt that its not grown up with the Corolla and the Civic. I drove one recently. It was just ok.

IST is a nice car. Only thing is didnt like was the hard ride which doesnt go that well on our roads.

Buy soon. The unregd prices are already up. Won't be long before the regd prices catch up.

Corolla if not Civic if the Corolla looks too common for you.