• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Looking for Used Japan Saloon Car

Samantha567

Hello,

I'm currently in search of a used Japan Saloon Car within a budget of 2.5 million. I'm interested in finding a car with excellent fuel efficiency and high resale value. Additionally, the car should have a minimum Year of Manufacture of 1998. 

Could you please recommend some options that fit these criteria?

Edited by Samantha567

On 11/21/2023 at 10:33 AM, Samantha567 said:

inding a car with excellent fuel efficiency and high resale value. Additionally, the car should have a minimum Year of Manufacture of 1998. 

1. Fuel Efficiency : Japanese Salons in your budget are from around the late 90's and Early 2000's generally most of them would be regular petrols with 1.5 L or 1.3L engines. Fuel efficiency will not be hybrid range and will not give you 15+ KMPL as many brag about. Realistically 10-12 KMPL is what you will get if you properly calculate that to based on your driving style and the condition of a 25 year old engine. 

2. Resale Value :  I don't think you can expect a profit from the sale with the current economic climate. People who overspent during 2020-2021 are losing out since the car prices have come down somewhat, specially in this budget range. If you get it for the right price you will not lose out when you sell. 

I would suggest a Mazda Familia BJ series - decent car that is within your budget. Another option is a Lancer CK if you can find a good specimen in your budget. (non-riced up). The usual common suspects would be Corolla /Sprinter 110s FB15's - the challenge is finding a good car as most of the common cars are abused and change hands often. Couple of left field choices would be something like a Toyota Soluna or a Honda City - these were basic cars made for the emerging markets like ours. While not very popular you have the advantage of getting a newer car for a lesser price. 

• Like 1