• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

:: Land Rover 4x4 Event ::

dragster

yet another fantastic 4x4 event at Waters Edge this sunday the 26th of Feb... :):)

last even was really cool...

Got info from LRO club that the event is to kick-off at 12 noon and go on until nightfall.

Fuzzo, I'm planning to come, Pericles might join me, see ya there.

Very badly organized event.. wasted a fine Sunday going to watch the worse 4x4 event ever. The course was too tough for even the veterans to complete and over 3 hours only 3 vehicles covered the track.. I hated the event... :D Compared to the last one held at watersedge today's event sucked big time...

I share the same comments. I Was there for more than three hours in the blistering sun, and only saw maximum of three vehicles going through. Pericles brought along his camera, and he managed to get only 3 or 4 shots only. The crowd was too much too, and there was no fine place for the spectators. I think the organisers over did it making the track a bit too hard. I went home dissapointed after paying 100 bucks to fry in the sun! Last time entrance was free!

the whle event was 3 hours?? ...thought it was goign to happen for much longer than that... i was supposed to head over there today but decided to stop off at bmich first for the architechture fair.. that place was packed and it ate up all the time!

well I went around 3 and it was sort of cool, how everything got stuck in the dip... but other than yeah it was a wee bit boring cause, I also think the track was a bit too tough... but hey what the heck... these are 4x4 we are talking about eh ?.. these machines are meant for rough terrains such as these... and yeah this time the crowed was a bit more... but all in all it was all good... there was plenty of food and drink unlike last time...

later on afterwards.. all the modified guys got-gether at parliment with advance audio blasting the place up.. I also saw the blue evo 9 which was later painted to black... looks damn mean...

man.. I think I wana get a Defender now..

oh and hey.. how come I didnt see any of you guys... ?

Oh and Praveen... ? do you know someone called Subhani ? she asked me to give her regards to you... she have seen your pic in ma friends list... which also includes the pic with that mega Milk shake and the Pizza... he he :alc:

Oh and Praveen... ? do you know someone called Subhani ? she asked me to give her regards to you... she have seen your pic in ma friends list... which also includes the pic with that mega Milk shake and the Pizza... he he :alc:

dude preveen rock on man...at least ur appetite does sum gud :D

Ado, just coz this is a mud event topic don't do mada prachara. And yes I know Subhani, so she would know about my eating before seeing any pizza pics. How do u know her? hi5?

Fuzzo, The event was longer than three hours. We got there around 1 (saw a certain black rex in the car park. New lip, velocity? :D ) Absolutely baking. Got tired of baking when no action was happening, so we left before it was over. But it has gone one for some time. There were at least three more competiors lined up at the start when we left. It would have been more entertaining to go around the car park taking photos of the vehicles. In all, not value for the money spent. But then, I guess we should have gone earlier and taken hats. The punishement of trying to find good locations for photos :alc:

Hi guys,

I was at the 4X4 yesterday it seemed good but who am I to speak It was my first. All in all It was an experience seeing what those machines can do..... Bugger ! Anyways I got a question for you experts. here goes.... When the vehicle goes deep into the mud or water all the way over the bonnet, wouldn’t there be resistance on the radiator fan (especially in mud like the dip they had yesterday) and cause it damage. If the belts start slipping wouldn’t the belts slip too much and maybe heat up and wear off. Any comments….

Hi guys,

I was at the 4X4 yesterday it seemed good but who am I to speak It was my first. All in all It was an experience seeing what those machines can do..... Bugger ! Anyways I got a question for you experts. here goes.... When the vehicle goes deep into the mud or water all the way over the bonnet, wouldn’t there be resistance on the radiator fan (especially in mud like the dip they had yesterday) and cause it damage. If the belts start slipping wouldn’t the belts slip too much and maybe heat up and wear off. Any comments….

Every car radiator fan has a mechanism called a "fan clutch" or a "viscous coupling". If it is in proper working order when the 4x4 hits the water it stops rotating so that water doesnt get thrusted into the engine causing damage. No the belts dont come loose when you hit water!! :alc:

Ado, just coz this is a mud event topic don't do mada prachara. And yes I know Subhani, so she would know about my eating before seeing any pizza pics. How do u know her? hi5?

yeah man.. she's a friend of mine... actualy my ex's friend.. I got to know her through her.. she's sort of her best friend or something...

hey was Dimz there ? how come I didnt see him ?

the whle event was 3 hours?? ...thought it was goign to happen for much longer than that... i was supposed to head over there today but decided to stop off at bmich first for the architechture fair.. that place was packed and it ate up all the time!

ah farzan...i droppd my mum off at d exhibition yestrday n she told me it was disappointing dis yr...how did u find it?

ah farzan...i droppd my mum off at d exhibition yestrday n she told me it was disappointing dis yr...how did u find it?

it was ok.. there was some cool stuff there.. i went most coz shafraz had a stall there...

also have you guys noticed that when ever there is an exhibition at bmich, the lobby is taken by the guys selling hot tubs/jacuzzis :)

it was ok.. there was some cool stuff there.. i went most coz shafraz had a stall there...

also have you guys noticed that when ever there is an exhibition at bmich, the lobby is taken by the guys selling hot tubs/jacuzzis :)

heheheh! i've only been to BMICH for car fair and book fais and shopin fairs.. no bath tubs in either one of them...

but seems interesting! so they have people to demonstrate how they're used? :)

heheheh! i've only been to BMICH for car fair and book fais and shopin fairs.. no bath tubs in either one of them...

but seems interesting! so they have people to demonstrate how they're used? :D

OK, our bright Sys Admins seem to have taken the lovely step of blocking the ftp port here at office. So I'll go home and I swear I'll get them pics uploaded today somehow.

watching He-man are we?

Errr, Snaarf was in Thundercats :ninja: Anyway, no, this is from Eminem. Can't quite quite remember the song. It went "so u can *@#$ my !@#$ if u don't like my !@#$, coz I was high when I wrote this so @!#$ my !@#%" :alc::jumping-smiley-013:

What is interesting is, there have been 106 photo hits today, and the most popluar pic shows up as the index pic in the main page, and the most popular pic is a certain crowd pic :D Now I wonder why? :unsure: