• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rubbing Noice

shehan123

Question

8 answers to this question

Hi I'm using mazda Familia 2000yr model car. while driving there is a very little rubbing noice which comes from front side.

pl let me the possibilities. expect your valuable answer.

Could be your hub, or brakes.. you may have them serviced. Is it consistent or does it fade off..

Hi I'm using mazda Familia 2000yr model car. while driving there is a very little rubbing noice which comes from front side.

check if the inner mud guard is touching the wheel.

Edited by Dominic

If you changed the tire width like from 185 to 195 or something your tire may be hitting the mudguards. Try full turns and you will be able to catch the problem.

I have seen in some cars, the front wheel is pushed back a little-bit. This is mostly evident on the front left hand side wheels. I queried about this from some wheel alignment guy and he said that it is common in re-conditioned cars. He suggested driving over pavement edges could be the reason for this. In this case also, you might hear a scratching sound when the shock-absorber is being pressed down with weight.

i had a similer type of issue with my previous alloys. Whats the wheels you got man?