• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

F1 Boss Wants To Hold Night Race

miniace

Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone has floated the idea of holding one of the Asian Grands Prix at night.

He said an Asian night race would attract a bigger television audience as it would be shown in Europe during the day rather than in the early hours.

"It would be ideal for Asia, since it would be the right time difference to be broadcast in Europe," said F1's commercial rights holder. "It would also be very spectacular, it all depends of course on the circuit."

Ecclestone also reiterated his long-held desire to extend the calendar from 17 to 20 Grands Prix and he could "easily imagine" Mexico, India, Russia holding races, with South Korea "another candidate".

Team bosses have traditionally been relucant to have more than 17 races because of the extra expense and work involved.

BBC F1 NEWS Tuesday, 3 April 2007, 13:26 GMT 14:26 UK

didn't wanna start a new thread abt this - so jus asking -

has anyone else seen an ad for a SAARC RALLY on Rupvahini?? :huh:

whats that all about? :blink:

Saw some TATA jeeps starting the rally in INDIA...its not a competition I think.

So is this an F1 thread or a SAARc rally thing thread? :)

Anyway a night race would be great for F1- with the leading candidate to hold it being Singapore which is already confirmed for 2008 as a venue. The plan was use the city a street track with the already available street lights that may be upgraded for the event.

One reason for Bernie pushing for more races is because team bosses test so much in the off season that it makes sense to convert that test time into race time. Plus F1 going into new exotic venues will build its brand and popularity at these places- where it will not have to compete with too many other sporting events as is the case with Soccer and the European market

Oh one more issue with the night races- Singapore does not have any experience in F1 and F1 does not have any experience in night racing- which is problem. Plus F1 does not have any hardcore street tracks other than Manaco which has been hosting races for over 50 years.

I opened a thread on this:

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?showtopic=3132

The night race idea is going to attract attention worldwide, especially promoters.I still remember what fun we had at Pannala night race few years back!

OT, sorry :-Did you know the recent attacks were done at night becuase then it is difficult to gun down the terrorist planes and at day time its easy becuase those planes are slow. Small trivia from Hola. Over and out :ninja:

didn't wanna start a new thread abt this - so jus asking -

has anyone else seen an ad for a SAARC RALLY on Rupvahini?? :huh:

whats that all about? :blink:

yeah i watchd it too. I didnt see any our representation, i saw the later stages maybe i missed