• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Where Can I Get A Durable Snail Horn?

hefraz

Question

One of my FIAM Snail horns just got busted and my car sounds as if it'd got a sore throat.

The price of my horn has shot up from 1000 bucks to 2300 bucks (FIAM is supposed to used by ferari and other Italian cars)

I called D*MO but they dont have Bosch but another indian brand which I dont want to try...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

11 answers to this question

Check nw cus i saw new somke gauges and some new stuff at MK

I've used Hella on my last 3 cars and had no problems with them. However you need to be careful to fit them in such a way that water cannot get into them (either splashed from oncoming cars or in a high pressure car wash). They are rather delicate in that sense and as they are sealed, there's very little you can do after they get wet.

Alternatively there is an Indian brand called 'Roots' which I fitted to the Mini over 10 years ago and it still works just fine. I think it's the same one that comes on the ambassador cars. You can take them apart and clean them when required and also adjust the pitch as required.

One of my FIAM Snail horns just got busted and my car sounds as if it'd got a sore throat.

The price of my horn has shot up from 1000 bucks to 2300 bucks (FIAM is supposed to used by ferari and other Italian cars)

I called D*MO but they dont have Bosch but another indian brand which I dont want to try...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Those could be fakes. I just use a 1000 buck cheap horn which sounds like a FIAM. It has lasted one year now, so even if it goes bust tomorrow that's cool.

I have fitted a Bosche on my Merc but it sounds awful.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Those could be fakes. I just use a 1000 buck cheap horn which sounds like a FIAM. It has lasted one year now, so even if it goes bust tomorrow that's cool.

I have fitted a Bosche on my Merc but it sounds awful.

The FIAM was an orignal, and I bought it from the agent in SL.

Will take a walk in Panchikawatte and check some stuff out, I heard that joints that sell european motor spares have good horns so will check it out and revert.

Try Delkanda as well... they got some super deals also...

Got off at Panchikawatte and went to ask for some advice from my fav "petti kade spare parts man" and lo behold! he had a genuine pair of German Bosch horns (even D*MO would have loved to get their hands on as they currently sell a low quality horn called Roots)

I happily paid him 1000 bucks since he gave me 1 week’s warranty.

Edited by hefraz

Got off at Panchikawatte and went to ask for some advice from my fav "petti kade spare parts man" and lo behold! he had a genuine pair of German Bosch horns (even D*MO would have loved to get their hands on as they currently sell a low quality horn called Roots)

I happily paid him 1000 bucks since he gave me 1 week’s warranty.

Hey thats a good deal. How much does it cost brand new?