• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Clay Bar <-- Anyone Done This?

Lalithster

Nothing much to look out for as clay bars are non abrasive, cut the clay bar and prepare it like a pancake which fits into your palm.

Use a lot of lubrication (Since you have a kit I assume the lubrication is already there) and rub it all over the car. One word of warning, if you drop the clay bar on the floor- discard it and get another piece (claybars absord dirt very well)

Surface preparation is important before you start claybarring. Make sure you wash the car and remove all tar spots, otherwise it becomes a bloody nuisance.

And finally wax the car as soon as you claybar, otherwise you leave the cleaned paint open to the elements.

Happy detailing! :D:D

Edited by hefraz

"Clay with a quick detailer cleans the top of the paint and by making the paint clean and slick you get more of a reflection .Reflection and shine basically is this"your paint needs some TLC,right now under microscope its like hills and valleys of build up and when the light hits it,it then has to bounce over these,there forth not a good reflection.

Now buff or claybar or polish and you bring a level surface back for the light to reflect off of and there is basically where your shine and reflection to a degree comes from This is on todays clearcoats When you claybar you absolutley must have a dirt free surface and plenty of lubricant.You can use soap and water as a lube if needed"

Thanks for the help. The clay bar is a must it makes the car so much smoother and the paint looks deeper and more reflective

IPB Image

hey your photos always looks good..8MGP i presume. Anyway good work, would you mind teling the brand and the way you applied it

hey your photos always looks good..8MGP i presume. Anyway good work, would you mind teling the brand and the way you applied it

..he already mentioned it's a Mother's? And I'm assuming you followed pretty much the directions you'd find on any clay bar kit/what other members advised you should do in above posts when the thread was initially made?!

Thanks Hola its a regular sony camera and I set the setting for 1.5 mgp. The kit I used was mothers and it comes with a lubricant sprak that removes some of the dirt off the paint. I really recommend it. And its very important not to drop the clay bar or get it dirty cause that will scratch the paint. Also keep the surface well lubed when running the clay on it. It helps to ball up the clay bar after each section

Thanks Hola its a regular sony camera and I set the setting for 1.5 mgp. The kit I used was mothers and it comes with a lubricant sprak that removes some of the dirt off the paint. I really recommend it. And its very important not to drop the clay bar or get it dirty cause that will scratch the paint. Also keep the surface well lubed when running the clay on it. It helps to ball up the clay bar after each section

Actually I used to be a big AutoGlym & Meguirs fan, but last couple of years I've switched to mothers and been VERY impressed with their products! Even as basic as their car wash. any mother's resellers in SL?

Edited by MSP0RT5

..he already mentioned it's a Mother's? And I'm assuming you followed pretty much the directions you'd find on any clay bar kit/what other members advised you should do in above posts when the thread was initially made?!

:rolleyes:

Sorry machang, i didnt get you earlier. Mothers is a brand right?