• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

X-trail

Lucian

Question

Hi,

Guys/Gals at the moment I have a Allion wp KC..., It is a good vehicle nevertheless I'm thinking of selling this and buying a x-trail. But before that I would like to get some advice from anyone who has experience with the xtrail.

what is the average price of a registered xtrail H or J series

what is the fuel consumption / engine capacity

what are the available types (eg x grade g grade etc)

what about running cost

what about maintenance

lastly will it be an advisable sell and buy

Please be give me some genuine and good information. I do not want to get into trouble.

9 answers to this question

what is the average price of a registered xtrail H or J series - 3.3-4mil rangewhat is the fuel consumption / engine capacity - have driven only the 2.0 non turbo - 6-8km/lwhat are the available types (eg x grade g grade etc) - 2.0 non turbo recon, 2.0 Turbo (GT), 2.5litre Bnew import version as far as I know

what about running cost - Quite high if you use original parts - Set of b.pads cost abt 12k

what about maintenance- Suspension, Sensors do give problems on and off but nothing you cant fix.

lastly will it be an advisable sell and buy -

You wont be able to match the economy of the Allion. The X-trail is pretty comfortable and a decent drive over the pot-holes. Good vehicle if you are doing avg. mileage. Vehicle doesn't handle too great due to the soft suspension and feels a bit wavey compared to the Rav 4 which offers a firmer drive. The manuals have the typical Nissan knock with the early gear changes and I personally find the clutch a bit heavy. Some of the GT Turbos are a bit wasted so have a good look.

The Rav 4 would be easier to maintain and sell later. More economical and reliable. But they are more expensive to buy and looks smaller. The little extra you spend is worth it.

If ride quality is an issue, look at the Mark II GX110 over the Allion. The 2.0 VVTi is amazingly smooth powerful and gets you about 9km/l avg. The suspension puts most European cars with rough road packages to shame. The secondhand market is pretty poor so you should be able to get one in mint for around 3.3m

Milindu,I dont think you can find a Xtrail for 3.3 now...Even when i was looking for one a year back it was that price.

And do you think the Xtrail has poor 2nd hand market becuase the Pajero IO has the poor 2nd hand market becuase of the GDI issue where people claim it has issues where

1/.95Octane is a must

2/.95Octane is not always availble on every petrol station

Does Xtrail has the same 95Octane issue too?

nope, i have a xtrail and i only pump 90 into it. no issues yet...

i personally prefer the xtrail over the rav4 simply because it's a lot more roomier than the rav 4. once you sell you car, drop me a line. my xtrail is in the sites classifieds...

Milindu,I dont think you can find a Xtrail for 3.3 now...Even when i was looking for one a year back it was that price.

And do you think the Xtrail has poor 2nd hand market becuase the Pajero IO has the poor 2nd hand market becuase of the GDI issue where people claim it has issues where

1/.95Octane is a must

2/.95Octane is not always availble on every petrol station

Does Xtrail has the same 95Octane issue too?

The X-trails are not too easy to sell. 3.5 Mil is the average price range. I have seen older numbers going for less. You fill find good deals if you waitout bargain and look beyond the car sales.

######## had the brandnew 2.5 versions used by directors of M*h*r*j@ for 3.7 mil including VAT which would have been a good deal for a lease purchase.

About 2 years back when the X-Trails sold at around 2.7m unregd, I was offered H Regd ones for 2 mil and 2.2 mil respectively. Kicking my self for not going for it at the time. We bought the older Rav 4 with the crystal lights for 1.7 mil then.

I agree with Fuzzo on the space matter. The X-Trail has a larger jeep look and is more impressive.

Hi Guys ( am I right !)

Thank you so much for the replies and the evaluative comments. Very much appreciated.

I have one question though; Your remark on the suspention needing attention. Sri Lankan roads are a pile of crap. Pot holes and waves that usually one would call offroad terrain. That's the main reason I'm thinking of switching to the xtrail.

Any replies to this too would be greatly appreciated.

The X-trails are not too easy to sell. 3.5 Mil is the average price range. I have seen older numbers going for less. You fill find good deals if you waitout bargain and look beyond the car sales.

######## had the brandnew 2.5 versions used by directors of M*h*r*j@ for 3.7 mil including VAT which would have been a good deal for a lease purchase.

About 2 years back when the X-Trails sold at around 2.7m unregd, I was offered H Regd ones for 2 mil and 2.2 mil respectively. Kicking my self for not going for it at the time. We bought the older Rav 4 with the crystal lights for 1.7 mil then.

I agree with Fuzzo on the space matter. The X-Trail has a larger jeep look and is more impressive.

Yes, given a choice of Rav4 and Pajero IO i wil go for the X-Trail. Its surprising to see Xtrails at 3.5mil range