• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rims Teaser 56k Warning

cheechthechi

Well, I'm been prepping a newer set of rims to put on my 320i for awhile now so I thought I'd upload some pics. The plan is to have graphite centers with a polished lip. Currently I'm almost ready to paint, just need to sand and mask off the lip. Silver will be the first coat to even out the blemishes in the rim, and slightly brighten the final color, graphite. Rims are 15 x 6 BBS RA's (I believe) with an et 13 offset ( really hard to find and perfect offset for an e21 320i).

My car with the old set of rims ( sold now)

IPB Image

Rims as they are now with all old paint stripped:

IPB Image

Close up

IPB Image

IPB Image

Paint stripper ( this stuff has been saving me soo much time

IPB Image

IPB Image

paint

IPB Image

Tires ( kumho ecsta spt 205/50r/15)

IPB Image

IPB Image

Stay tuned for more development, I hope to have these done before my high school prom.

dude how much did you get the set of tyres for?

I got them off tirerack.com for $60 each, total with shipping came to $300.12 which is a pretty good price for sport tires. Only thing that sucks about these are that they aren't really mad for winter driving, however since I'm in southern California and I won't be taking the car to college I don't really care.

that's a really good deal on tyres dude... that profile would probably cost in the region of a $100 a piece in SL!!

Hey nice job. Why not powder coat them? the paint is tougher and wont scratch easy if you powder coat them. I am trying the same thing with a pair of OEM 18s.

IPB Image

IPB Image

what it would look like on my car

IPB Image

Hey nice job. Why not powder coat them? the paint is tougher and wont scratch easy if you powder coat them. I am trying the same thing with a pair of OEM 18s.

IPB Image

IPB Image

what it would look like on my car

IPB Image

Rims look awesome. I was considering powercoating, but it's a bit above my price range to do all four. With the proper prep rattle can paint should hold well. Also I'm not sure how long I'll be keeping these rims. Once my power output goes up I may find myself wanting to go towards a wider rim like 15 X 8 or so.