• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Super Deissel To Auto Dissel

lasa

Question

Guys,

Im using super diesel on my wagon(Toyoyla AE 110 DX). This was previously used by my father for 10 yrs and he was using super diesel from the day he brought the wagon. Since there isn't much fuel stations which have Super diesel(specially out station) i was thinking of going to normal auto diesel. Can you guys tell me what are the advantages and disadvantages of this convertion? Also is there a procedure to convert from super diesel to auto diesel? Also does any of you guys know a way to find out fuel stations which have super diesel(specially out station)?

Thx

Edited by lasa

7 answers to this question

Super diesel is supposed to have a low sulpher content. For most mechanical japanese diesel engines (Corolla wagon has the 2C diesel engine) normal diesel is good enough. We have a corolla diesel wagon that we run on normal diesel. Been 7 years now and no problems.

However for the EFI and common rail diesel engines I would reccomend Super diesel. Using super diesel is advisable specially on recent european diesel cars.

IOC is good as what i heard

actually, I've heard quite the opposite.... and not just onwe person but from a numbwer of people.. not sure about petrol, but the deisel is suposed to be cleaner and of better quality at CeyPetco.

And please excuse my ignorance, but can someone explain what's special about the 'common-rail' diesel engine. How's it technically different?

actually, I've heard quite the opposite.... and not just onwe person but from a numbwer of people.. not sure about petrol, but the deisel is suposed to be cleaner and of better quality at CeyPetco.

One does need to consider the source of the info. I agree with u, and only use Ceypetco

And please excuse my ignorance, but can someone explain what's special about the 'common-rail' diesel engine. How's it technically different?

Google and Wiki bro. There is a very good explanation.

Thanks guys, hola you know a way to find which IOC stations have super dissel?

Well, they'll have a sign on the pump. Or else u could ask the pumpers.

Thanks guys, hola you know a way to find which IOC stations have super dissel? Also guys you know the procedure to convert from Super to Auto?

There's no "procedure", you just start pumping it that's all.

IOC sheds at Borella and Alexandra place, Ceypetco sheds are Flower road and Battaramulla are the stations known to have super diesel.

Edited by madmax

One does need to consider the source of the info. I agree with u, and only use Ceypetco

Google and Wiki bro. There is a very good explanation.

Well, they'll have a sign on the pump. Or else u could ask the pumpers.

Peri, i wiki'd commonrail.. interesting! thanks!

As for my opinion on the better diesel, the main factor was what an uncle of mine said.. he has 2 petrol sheds on the outskirts of colombo, one IOC and another Ceypetco. And he too uses CeyPetco. Aparently at first there had been no difference sinve IOC too bought their fuel from CeyPetco and resold it, but after they started bringing it down from India he said to stick to CeyPetco.