• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hyundai Santa Fe

Gear_Head

What do you guys think of the old Hynudai Santafe? The new model looks awesome, but bit too expensive for me. I myself think, it is a pretty good SUV, and it costs very little (compared with other SUVs like RAV4/HRV).

The interior does look like cheap plastic, but it is a very practical vehicle.

Can buy a 2.7L automatic/triptronic 4WD model for about 2.7M right? Has anyone used this vehicle? How is it? How is the comfort and reliability?

:)

What do you guys think of the old Hynudai Santafe? The new model looks awesome, but bit too expensive for me. I myself think, it is a pretty good SUV, and it costs very little (compared with other SUVs like RAV4/HRV).

The interior does look like cheap plastic, but it is a very practical vehicle.

Can buy a 2.7L automatic/triptronic 4WD model for about 2.7M right? Has anyone used this vehicle? How is it? How is the comfort and reliability?

:)

The previous model has the feel of a larger SUV which is a good thing with its thick and heavy steering wheel and the overal stable feeling. Resonably comfortable.

I haven't tested the fuel mileage personally, but I was told it is very heavy (Think Hyundai Sonata Auto!). You get a cheap feeling all over the interior. Electrical niggles occur quite often and Singapore heavy usage doesn't help either.

You can still find a crystal light Rav 4 (prev. shape) with English nos in that price range. The most practical option. Even the HRV is within your range. Also look at the Grand Vitara as a classier option but with heavy fuel consumption (5-7km/l - Santafe won't be any better).

I think the Hyundai santa fe is a good buy. It looks good, handles ok, quite fun to drive, practical, and has some good options. Dont worry about fuel consumption. I have a XG which is a 3.0 L and it does about 7 km/l which is not bad for a big car. For 2.7m you should be able to get a 2002 model.

I think the Hyundai santa fe is a good buy. It looks good, handles ok, quite fun to drive, practical, and has some good options. Dont worry about fuel consumption. I have a XG which is a 3.0 L and it does about 7 km/l which is not bad for a big car. For 2.7m you should be able to get a 2002 model.

I think gear head is talking on a classified which even i spoted. That was a 2002

Thanks for the comments guys..

I’ve seen a couple of ads about Santafe’s, all of which below 3M. Though after driving one of them, I couldn’t help but feel if I’ve seen the same interior material used in a Indian car..(which I’m not a great fan of). ;)

Anyone know if the Hyundai Tuscon takes the same path, but, I’m yet to find a Tuscon below 3M.. Anyone know of such a vehicle?

cheers

Xtrail is a very good SUV, but 3M is stretching the budget to the limit, and you have to think about the insurance, which will eat up another big chunk out of my wallet.

And, when you buy a second hand vehicle in SL, you’ll invariably have some garage time to put in it which is more money.. and you’ll have to bring it up to “BLING” if you know what I mean.. (new setup, tires, interior clean etc etc..) so, I want to buy a descent vehicle and have some leftover cash to do all this.. B)

That’s why I’m considering the Hyundai’s, they are cheap, nice to drive, have good power, have a lot of features, nice to look at.. but, where they score low is second hand value.. do you think the market for these kind o vehicles will catch up in future?

Xtrail is a very good SUV, but 3M is stretching the budget to the limit, and you have to think about the insurance, which will eat up another big chunk out of my wallet.

And, when you buy a second hand vehicle in SL, you’ll invariably have some garage time to put in it which is more money.. and you’ll have to bring it up to “BLING” if you know what I mean.. (new setup, tires, interior clean etc etc..) so, I want to buy a descent vehicle and have some leftover cash to do all this.. B)

That’s why I’m considering the Hyundai’s, they are cheap, nice to drive, have good power, have a lot of features, nice to look at.. but, where they score low is second hand value.. do you think the market for these kind o vehicles will catch up in future?

I doubt the santa fe will depreciate even further since your buying second hand. Hyundai is a fast growing company and im sure people will start to get over cars like the excel.

I seriously think you should go for the santafe. Ive had 4 korean cars, and no complaints.

It was a Santa fe and the overall ride is unsatisfactory.Starting with driving position,ride,Engine performance,fuel consumption,handling,noise,interior,look Etc Etc.its true that we cant expect much from a 3M car but Im not satisfied at all.

• 3 years later...

Hello

i too am thinking of buying a 2001 hyundai santa fe. The thing is that i really dont worry at all much about the second hand market because if i buy a vehicle i will use it for some time,roughly 5-6 years( i'm not that abrupt buying and selling type) so instead i was wondering about its maintenance costs.. Does it cost a lot to do repairs etc??... is it hard to find spares??...plus whats the exact fuel consumption on it??...

Edited by Ozzy man

Hello

i too am thinking of buying a 2001 hyundai santa fe. The thing is that i really dont worry at all much about the second hand market because if i buy a vehicle i will use it for some time,roughly 5-6 years( i'm not that abrupt buying and selling type) so instead i was wondering about its maintenance costs.. Does it cost a lot to do repairs etc??... is it hard to find spares??...plus whats the exact fuel consumption on it??...

Why these all bold and big letters. Seems little baby needs attention !!!

• 1 year later...

Hello

Hay have you buy hyundai santa fe ? If so how about the experience with it??

• 4 months later...

I’m seriously considering the 2013 Santa Fe Diesel, from what I have seen the quality improvement is remarkable.

I think it has the same tried and tested engine gear box as the previous version / Kia Sorento, from what I’ve heard no major issues there.

Unfortunately the agent does not have the new version for a test drive yet.

I have seen couple of them around; appreciate feedback from anyone who has driven / ridden.

• 9 years later...