• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Cover

streetKIA

Does anyone know where i can get a really good big cover for my car. Right now its exposed to nature and i have to wash it everyday even when i dont drive it. Plus i dont want bird droppings to spoil the paint.

Thanks

Any decent car seat guy should be able to sew you one (Using Rubberized Taffeta or a similar material). Smaller places should charge about Rs. 2500-3500.

Ready made ones are available at N*W*L* C*SH*I*N W*R*S. Bit pricey but the material is thicker and of a high grade.

Pop me a mail if you need any contacts: [email protected]

Just try shops shops near St.Jospeh and they got ready made one which comes in a bag, and anytime it can be put it in and folded like a bag. I got mine for 2000

Can you tell me the name of this place and where it is exactly. I'm in nugegoda, so I can go there now.

Can you tell me the name of this place and where it is exactly. I'm in nugegoda, so I can go there now.

Bro, cant say the name as it will be advertising which madz get mad over :D

Just go there and there over a dozens of shops and they will give the best fit for you car. But may i suggest you go on another day as May day rallys are just about to start?

Bro, cant say the name as it will be advertising which madz get mad over :D

Just go there and there over a dozens of shops and they will give the best fit for you car. But may i suggest you go on another day as May day rallys are just about to start?

Haha yeah forgot about that. Can you email it to me then at [email protected] I can probably make it today before any rally starts

i bought mine from S*N LA*K* for 1300

was it foldable? just imagine folding the cover after work pressure and rain is just about to start, ur better half is making a face etc etc??. So get a cover made from good material which is easily foldable. Mine packs itself into a bag form and can zip up too.

H- how is the quality?Primarily concerned about the inner material that comes into contact with the paint... I take it they sell generic-sized covers, for S/M/L cars...?

thanks

Yeah its generic, never asked if they got sperate one for hatchs though. Mine is fine, i experienced rain alot with the cover saw some moisture. That becuase there is this zip to close up the bag and that was open. No other complaints

arent all car covers foldable??? <_<:unsure: i dont think i have seen a car cover that cant be folded.

the only unfoldable car cover i can think of is a garage:D

no according to the material which the cover is stitched it can be hard to fold.

the cheaper car covers have ripstop material (umbrella fabric type) with a paint-like coating on the inside...

these work well for a couple of months until the coating starts to crack due uv exposure and constant folding...

still they will keep dust off your ride but it won't stop the rain...

ma 0.02 :)

@hola...

does you cover has an inside coating things and how old is it?