• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

When To Clean Injectors

Hola

Question

13 answers to this question

probably when you start to notice a clear decline in acceleration and pull...

sluggish is the word :)

Hey everyone!

Does anyone know which stage or what sign makes us know that we need to clean the injectors?

machan a main indication is a fair drop int the fuel economy. Other tell tale signs are blue smoke and loss of acceleration. If the condition is really bad the you could feel the engine sorta missing when just started in da mornings staight outta cold. Whats the vehicle btw???

oshad... any idea how blue smoke "happens"...

i thought blue smoke is the main indicator that you're burning engine oil in the chamber :huh:

machan a main indication is a fair drop int the fuel economy. Other tell tale signs are blue smoke and loss of acceleration. If the condition is really bad the you could feel the engine sorta missing when just started in da mornings staight outta cold. Whats the vehicle btw???

Hmm, thanks mini. I think my service is near. And i will take to agents and do the reguler service, then a tune up as i didnt do it for the past 20,000kms, then clean the injectors. But isnt there a relaible place around Negombo to do the injector cleaning? Becuase im sure my agents will ask for gold as usual

What shocked me was , yesterday when i was reversing i saw white smoke for some seconds. I know it cant be the injecotrs

Hmm, thanks mini. But isnt there a relaible place around Negombo to do the injector cleaning? Becuase im sure my agents will ask for gold as usual

Negombo is benifited with the best! Sent you a text about the best fella in town.Go there soon.

yesterday when i was reversing i saw white smoke for some seconds. I know it cant be the injecotrs

If your vehicle is running extremely efficiently, in rainy weather it may produce steam (which looks like white smoke). Sometimes garage people think it's white smoke but it's really steam.

Next time this happens, just check the tailpipe if its producing a lot of water it's probably just steam. (Or the radiator has a leak..!)

Edited by Saturn

If your vehicle is running extremely efficiently, in rainy weather it may produce steam (which looks like white smoke). Sometimes garage people think it's white smoke but it's really steam.

Next time this happens, just check the tailpipe if its producing a lot of water it's probably just steam. (Or the radiator has a leak..!)

no bro, not steam. today Dinosh's bro ride with me and the pick up was not impresive enuf

White smoke when first started is normal. If white smoke continues you have an internal coolant leak (cracked head or blown head gasket). Black smoke is caused by a rich fuel condition. Blue smoke is caused by oil consumption. The smell of coolant inside your car is caused by a leaking heater core. Hope this helps..

What's the fuel consumption? When was the last you got a tune up done?

tune up was done 20,000kms back. I think need to condtion the K&N filter and do some serious tune up