• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

X-trail 2.0 Turbo 280 Bhp

daram

does anyone know anything about this japanese version of the x-trail? it seems quite powerful than the other versions. (I have driven 2.5 one )

1) is the engine smooth

2) fuel consumption

has anyone driven this version? I tried the internet for reviews but couldn't find any

please post some info :blink:

does anyone know anything about this japanese version of the x-trail? it seems quite powerful than the other versions. (I have driven 2.5 one )

1) is the engine smooth

2) fuel consumption

has anyone driven this version? I tried the internet for reviews but couldn't find any

please post some info :blink:

X-trail GT it is... fusso is the man who knows about this ride... last time i heard about it... it was said to be BAD ON FUEL and a used one had been sold for less than what normal X-trails were going at those days... engine is pretty cool but it would be too much to expect smoothness from a 2L TURBO that churns out 280bhp...

I tried the internet for reviews but couldn't find any

just type x-trail GT on google dude :P

X-trail GT it is... fusso is the man who knows about this ride... last time i heard about it... it was said to be BAD ON FUEL and a used one had been sold for less than what normal X-trails were going at those days... engine is pretty cool but it would be too much to expect smoothness from a 2L TURBO that churns out 280bhp...

just type x-trail GT on google dude :P

thought as much ..yeah 2L engine churning out 280 hmmmm had a good laugh anyway :D

thought as much ..yeah 2L engine churning out 280 hmmmm had a good laugh anyway :D

I'm at a loss to see something funny in 2l turbo engines producing 280hp. Evos and WRXs have been doing that for years, just to point out the most famous examples.

Pls do explain what u find so funny, or am I just missing something here? :unsure:

ok. may be it is not so funny but I talking about engine refinement here. I don't think the nissan has same refinement of an audi 2L turbo engine and many others.

ok. may be it is not so funny but I talking about engine refinement here. I don't think the nissan has same refinement of an audi 2L turbo engine and many others.

Bro the engine in the X Trail GT is same as the engine in the Nissan silvia. The code is SR20DET. So this engine should be a good one. The power output of the X-trail GT is 280 HP, which is 30 more than the Silvia.

This is due to higher compression ratio in the X trail(9.00:1) compaired to 8.50:1 in the Silvia.

Bro the engine in the X Trail GT is same as the engine in the Nissan silvia. The code is SR20DET. So this engine should be a good one. The power output of the X-trail GT is 280 HP, which is 30 more than the Silvia.

This is due to higher compression ratio in the X trail(9.00:1) compaired to 8.50:1 in the Silvia.

Nim, you've got it wrong my dear friend. The motor on the XTrail Gt is a SR20VET as opposed to the SR20DET on the Silvia. The SR20VET has VVL & Turbo.

Edited by madmax

Machan madmax, i got that info from the net. There it says that the engine in the X-Trail is SR20DET (NEO VVL) :( . Here's the link machan.

http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/mod...8053&Nissan

Anyway

thanks machan.

Well wiki has it as Max said

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_SR_engine

And the engine is an SR20VET. Mind the old S14 SR20DET used to have a variable valve system too, tho that was the old VTC, where the SR20VET is supposed to use NEO-VVL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_SR20DET

If you had the option which one would you choose the 1) 2.5 L 180 bhp 2) 2.0 280 bhp

Tough choice. AFAIK, the GT only comes with a CVT gearbox. Now, since Madz's Luxel, I'm starting to change my mind on CVTs, but still, nothing like a proper manual. But then, is the power loss worth the control of the manual? Not enough info to make that choice here. Hey Ash, how does the Hyper-CVT pair up with the SR20?

daram i don't think anyone knows enough about the SR20VET to judge its refinement cos it ONLY powered the X-Trail GT and is not a commonly found motor... it may be just a SR20VE with a big turbo slapped on but it doesn't make things any simpler... fuel consumption will be disastrous and so will regular maintenance such as CVT oil etc... the 2.5L x-trails are superb and that sort of power is more than enough for an SUV of that size...

the only thing that stopped me from getting this vehicle is the cvt gearbox. it is not the best gearbox and is known to give issues. otherwise its a nice vehicle to own and quite fast. i only test drove one and it was good.

One of my friends owns one and have been in it. I think the turbo kicks in at about 6k rpm and when in does it does'nt come in a huge lump of power but smoother. handling was pretty ok as well. Fuel consumption is not too good as in most turbo vehicles. But as fuzzo says its a lot of fun to drive.

One of my friends owns one and have been in it. I think the turbo kicks in at about 6k rpm and when in does it does'nt come in a huge lump of power but smoother. handling was pretty ok as well. Fuel consumption is not too good as in most turbo vehicles. But as fuzzo says its a lot of fun to drive.

Thats a very, very late turbo kick. Whats the red line on this?

Also, if the turbo only comes on there, the fuel consumption shouldn't be too different from the normal SR20VE, since it does take some effort to get to 6k, and before that, it should be running like a normal 2.0l engine.

Its actually interesting the turbo coming on at that point. SR16VE the VVL changes the intake valves at around 5.8k, and the turbo coming in directly after that....

Thats a very, very late turbo kick. Whats the red line on this?

Also, if the turbo only comes on there, the fuel consumption shouldn't be too different from the normal SR20VE, since it does take some effort to get to 6k, and before that, it should be running like a normal 2.0l engine.

Its actually interesting the turbo coming on at that point. SR16VE the VVL changes the intake valves at around 5.8k, and the turbo coming in directly after that....

I might be wrong machan, I was in that car about a 1 year back when i was in SL. All i remember is it was spooling late for sure. Its got good top end power though!

Tough choice. AFAIK, the GT only comes with a CVT gearbox. Now, since Madz's Luxel, I'm starting to change my mind on CVTs, but still, nothing like a proper manual. But then, is the power loss worth the control of the manual? Not enough info to make that choice here. Hey Ash, how does the Hyper-CVT pair up with the SR20?

Mine is a SR20VE with Hyper CVT-M6. It actually could cope with the high torque (150lbft) produced by SR20 very well. Earlier generation N-CVT could not cope with 2ltr engines with hire torque levels, & was only adapted only to cars below 1.5ltr. Now the newer ones are with XTroid CVT for RWD 3ltr+ cars with higher torque engines (Gloria & Cedric and also in the Nissan Murano). I used to drive both M/T & A/T cars before I got this. I definitely rate the CVT above A/T and since most of my drive is city based I prefer the CVT change since it has the power to pull seamlessly in thick traffic & rest my foot a bit more. The only downfall is the fuel consumption in the city, but outta city it’s terrific. But my passion for M/T’s still remain large.