• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Payee Tax Permits

Hola

Guys,

Heard this and met someone who had applied too. If you have paid payee tax of your salary of 250,000(the amount is not sure but it was around that much) then you can apply for a permit which gives 40% for 1300cc petrol and 2000cc diesel. The payee should be accounted from year 2000

Anyone who has more ideas on this?

Ive not heard of anything like that but it sounds too good be true. If that was the case then they may as well scrap the duty system cause everyone will be getting partial tax free permits.

If it is true it would be awesome tho

hi hola,

can you explain the above statment a bit more. im totally lost

bro, when you earn certain amount of salary, i think its above 25,000 you pay a percentage to the goverment. And if that totals upto 250,000 or 350,000 (i am not sure) you can apply for a permit. The total is accounted from the year 2000

Guys,

Heard this and met someone who had applied too. If you have paid payee tax of your salary of 250,000(the amount is not sure but it was around that much) then you can apply for a permit which gives 40% for 1300cc petrol and 2000cc diesel. The payee should be accounted from year 2000

Anyone who has more ideas on this?

umm wouldn't half of colombo be eligible for this then? Any sources or references pls?

umm wouldn't half of colombo be eligible for this then? Any sources or references pls?

half of Colombo wont make 250k a month. 25k a month, THEN maybe. But the last post before urs just confused me even more. its like saying if the TAX ur paying = 250k a year. Or u have to have paid 250k or 350k or tax in the period between 2000 and now.

Whatever way u calculate, not eligible so can't be bothered looking closer :D

half of Colombo wont make 250k a month. 25k a month, THEN maybe. But the last post before urs just confused me even more. its like saying if the TAX ur paying = 250k a year. Or u have to have paid 250k or 350k or tax in the period between 2000 and now.

Whatever way u calculate, not eligible so can't be bothered looking closer :D

Peri I recently had to do a PAYE tax calculation for a friend and I think when roughly calculating (the Sri Lankan tax system is exceedingly complicated with multiple tax brackets) it roughly works out to about 10% of your annual salary

Thus if you make a million a year then you pay roughly 100K in PAYE income tax, So if the tax is calculated from 2000 which I find a bit hard to believe most middle class tax payers should be eligible for this permit !!!

I mean if you make 30K you make 360K a year, Pay 36K income tax and 36 X 7 is 252K !!!

what I say is slightly misleading since a person is unlikely to have made the same amount of money in 2000 compared to now, and my tax calculations above are very crude,

The Don