• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Any Risk In Fixing A Vacuum Gauge ?

Hola

Question

Guys,

Got myself a Vacum Gauge and a pod for it. Now Hola is worried over cutting the manifold and fixing it up. Whats the risk of this guys? I will go to the recomended expert in Kotikawatha, but still.... :(

IPB Image

Edited by Hola

21 answers to this question

Guys,

Got myself a Vacum Gauge and a pod for it. Now Hola is worried over cutting the manifold and fixing it up. Whats the risk of this guys? I will go to the recomended expert in Kotikawatha, but still.... :(

The main risk is getting a rice image

Ahrr why fix it in the first place?

Rice, dude. Looks like all civic owners get the urge :D

The main risk is getting a rice image

Rice, dude. Looks like all civic owners get the urge :D

:rolleyes: does that include Raceredge,Pilawoos,Nigel and other Civic owners who are so much suportive to you guys? Hope you didnt mean to humiliate all of them Peri :) Naha neda?

Hey what does the instrusctional leaflet say?? cut the manifold?? why??

IPB Image

So you see Hola according to your own diagram the guage fits onto a T joint which is in turn connected to one of the vacuum hoses NOT the intake manifold

so why ask this question at all ? as I see it worst case scenario, if something goes wrong, you just take the T Connector off and connect the 2 ends of the hose together and things are back to normal !

So you see Hola according to your own diagram the guage fits onto a T joint which is in turn connected to one of the vacuum hoses NOT the intake manifold

so why ask this question at all ? as I see it worst case scenario, if something goes wrong, you just take the T Connector off and connect the 2 ends of the hose together and things are back to normal !

You are right. Thanks. But are there any chances of leaks and any issues caused by it?

You are right. Thanks. But are there any chances of leaks and any issues caused by it?

if there is a leak you would realize it straight away, i do not think the fuel injection systems work very well if there is a problem with the vacuum etc, but should be easy to fix if it does happen, as i said worst case scenario remove vaccum gauge and job done

if there is a leak you would realize it straight away, i do not think the fuel injection systems work very well if there is a problem with the vacuum etc, but should be easy to fix if it does happen, as i said worst case scenario remove vaccum gauge and job done

You are right bro. Thanks. Do you think its a wise idea to DIY or to go for closeby meachnic rather than going to the pro who is far away for me...

:rolleyes: does that include Raceredge,Pilawoos,Nigel and other Civic owners who are so much suportive to you guys? Hope you didnt mean to humiliate all of them Peri :) Naha neda?

Told u not to roll ur eyes at me, ur stepping on a very thin line here.

But in answer, yes, it does include racersedge and Pila. I can call racersedge and Pila rice point blank to their face. And they don't get offended by it. The comment to Pila about "all civic owners" is directly related to some seatbelts, but that is not your concern or any of your business. Can call Dragster rice anytime, and thats true, so there aint nothing to say. Nigel, in case u missed it, hasn't riced his car just coz he has a Civic, and his opinion on Civic owners and rice actually is in line with mine. There are a few exceptions. Nigel, Vshiznet, Madmax come to mind, they didn't rice, either left it stock or did their mods properly, not riced.

Look up rice man. Stock CTRs aren't considered rice, except by the odd American who thinks its all about big blocks and straight lines. The CTR is the reason so many civic owners mistakenly think they have the ride of rides.

BTW, who are "you guys"? The one these other Civic owners support? I hope ur not talking about AL, coz any 4 year old with a simple grasp of the language would understand this is my opinion and not some kinda AL policy.

You are right bro. Thanks. Do you think its a wise idea to DIY or to go for closeby meachnic rather than going to the pro who is far away for me...

Whether you go DIY or get somebody else to do it is dependent on your confidence in your skills man, he he not on my opinion. I would have done it myself but thats just me

But in answer, yes, it does include racersedge and Pila. I can call racersedge and Pila rice point blank to their face. And they don't get offended by it. The comment to Pila about "all civic owners" is directly related to some seatbelts, but that is not your concern or any of your business. Can call Dragster rice anytime, and thats true, so there aint nothing to say. Nigel, in case u missed it, hasn't riced his car just coz he has a Civic, and his opinion on Civic owners and rice actually is in line with mine. There are a few exceptions. Nigel, Vshiznet, Madmax come to mind, they didn't rice, either left it stock or did their mods properly, not riced.

Look up rice man. Stock CTRs aren't considered rice, except by the odd American who thinks its all about big blocks and straight lines. The CTR is the reason so many civic owners mistakenly think they have the ride of rides.

BTW, who are "you guys"? The one these other Civic owners support? I hope ur not talking about AL, coz any 4 year old with a simple grasp of the language would understand this is my opinion and not some kinda AL policy.

Well, if you are saying you didnt aim all Civic owners whilst categorising "RICED" & "Not RICED" then its fine. Becuase i thought i saw you had posted

Rice, dude. Looks like all civic owners get the urge
. Maybe it was a misunderstanding of how i read it or how you just typed it in. I rest my case.

And just for the records, i dont get offened of being called riced or for anything beign said at any time.

Whether you go DIY or get somebody else to do it is dependent on your confidence in your skills man, he he not on my opinion. I would have done it myself but thats just me

Ok, will try. Thank you for the opinion Don. Raceredge told me to go ahead too. Will let you know the outcome

Becuase i thought i saw you had posted .

Don't think too hard man. U might hurt urself with such unfamiliar exercise. Great grammer too, btw.

And what I said was "all civic owners get the URGE" not all civics are rice.

No bloody common sense, this guy. :rolleyes:

Don't think too hard man. U might hurt urself with such unfamiliar exercise. Great grammer too, btw.

And what I said was "all civic owners get the URGE" not all civics are rice.

No bloody common sense, this guy. :rolleyes:

:D:P Ok,

Anyway Peri.Have a question, didnt you ever get the feeling that you should have been a lawyer? You could have made a great lawayer..

And trust me im not dissing ya, im asking you in good heart

:D:P Ok,

Anyway Peri.Have a question, didnt you ever get the feeling that you should have been a lawyer? You could have made a great lawayer..

And trust me im not dissing ya, im asking you in good heart

One lawyer in the family is more than enough.

hmm regardless.. fitting a a vacuum gage on a lev for no bloody reason is rice-period :)

But in answer, yes, it does include racersedge and Pila. I can call racersedge and Pila rice point blank to their face. And they don't get offended by it. The comment to Pila about "all civic owners" is directly related to some seatbelts, but that is not your concern or any of your business.

:lol::lol: lol yeah I dont take any offense by the seat belt covers I use at the rear :D their rice for sure- but who cares! I got other 'real' stuff to back it up.

Edited by Pilawoos

Totally agree with u most ppl want fast cars bt every one cant buy SIR/CTR or ITR so they buy V-Tec or Non Vtec Honda Eg8 or Ek3 and do all the Rice modifications

Anyway In Sri Lanka there are very few Non Rice Honda woners like, Nigel/Chang/Madmax/Thivanka/Zakie, some Tune I Chip boys & Shanira if he do the B18C conversion, bt most ppl spend money on Huge bodykits/neons/gauges etc

And if anyone come to car meet or Drags more than 99% modified cars in SL are Rice even most of my friends got rice cars including my previous car, thats the hard truth.

There was this site which DevZ mentioned which mentions that having a vacuum gauge would prove beneficial in finding out any problems relating to the engine such as misfirings etc.. cant find the bloody thread :(

there gotta be a bling bling factor no? lol..

Zz