• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mercedes M-class (98-05) Or Range Rover (94-02)

chami0075

im a massive range rover fan so my personel openion is to pick the range. plus i don't like the ML that much and its in my list of cars that i'll never buy.

to answer your second question if you are talking about the Sri Lankan market i recon ML is bit expencive and also have a better second hand value than the reange.

im a massive range rover fan so my personel openion is to pick the range. plus i don't like the ML that much and its in my list of cars that i'll never buy.

to answer your second question if you are talking about the Sri Lankan market i recon ML is bit expencive and also have a better second hand value than the reange.

I'll take the Range as well ;) . But that's not the practical choice for Chami's purpose!!

Hi every one,

OR

Tell me which one you like? which one is more expensive? which one is more damand? diesel or petrol

Regards

Chami0075

Chami0075,

If you are going for a ML, DO NOT buy MY 98' or 99'. These were the first two years of the M Class and they have way too many problems. I know some units needed entire wire harnesses and a lot of electrical components replaced.

The picture you have posted is a 2002 or above (If not modified using 02' mirrors, bumper and headlamps). 02' and above model years I would say very reliable.

I still own a 2002 ML500 bought brand new which now has 48k on the clock and had zero problems.

You can get every bit of info about the model here.

Benzworld.org 163 Forum

Re: LR there will be other members here with better knowledge than me.

Good luck.

Edited by thushara_g

go for a Diesel if you intend on using it daily and selling it off at some point

Range rover P38's go for anywhere between 4~5.5 Million for 1996-1999 vehicles

there are no. RR's of that generation on english numbers (post yr 200 plates) in SL. Given that the new RR is widely available here the older one,even though they are diesels, are forgotten entities..

The P38 RR has known issues with the Electronic Air Suspension and other little niggles as well.

if your willing to forgive such odd idiosyncrasies and compromised reliablity, the Rnage Rover is brilliant to have!...i'd have one :)

The early ML's as noted earlier had major electrical faults and flaw that took a lot of time n money to sort,so be weary of these...

In SL Mercedes resale values are quite high, so if you intend to resell,then the ML is a better buy as you'll be able to fetch a much higher price on it.

which ever you choose, the one cosolation is that the agents for both brands are solid and they will be able to competantly handle the vehicles.

From just an economic stand point, purely to make a buck - buy the ML and sell , if the permit is transferable

but using it will be costly and a touch drab i fear

If its for you to use and you dont mind a vehicle which can be tempramental & a little on the expensive side to maintain, then go get a Range Rover

One ex-SL cricket official sold his M-class for 6+ Mil very recently.

A friend of my dads bought a 301- ML 320 for 4.5 mil recently.... I think the transaction was between friends tho... it had 45 k or 65 k on the clock. :)