• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Questions On Vitz

Saturn

hi guys

I need a little help. I saw out an auto Vitz (Yom 99)

Went for a test drive and found 2 things.

1. (After the drive) the engine seemed to be a bit hot. The hood was hot to touch.

2. Vehicle seemed quite slow (of course this is an NA 1liter engine so can't expect magic). Yes the transmission up/down shifted correctly but it just seemed quite slow, particularly when climbing hills.

I just wanted to know if this is normal for this particular vehicle?

Edited by Saturn

hi guys

1. Engine seemed quite hot. The hood was somewhat heated up after we returned back from the drive

2. Vehicle seemed quite slow (of course this is an NA 1liter engine so can't expect magic). Yes the transmission up/down shifted correctly but it just seemed quite slow, particularly when climbing hills.

VVTi engines operate at a high temp. Might be more evident on the 1000cc having to work hard. The Engine Oil really matters and if its the standard 'Lanka' brand, you have to change around 2750km or use a synthetic/semi synthetic. I have seen quite a few occasions where the continued heat causes the oil to form sludge (Which might lead to higher temps). So you might have to open it up and clean out the engine if thats the case. Best way to check for sludge would be to feel the inside after opening the oil cap with your finger.

Same goes for other VVTi engines including the ones on the 121.

The 1.0 Vitz IS slow.

I presume you were looking at the temp guage and it showed nothing out of the ord.

Edited by milindu

I presume you were looking at the temp guage and it showed nothing out of the ord.

I'm not sure if the car had a gauge. It did have a overheat light which was off though?

thanks for the reply I was a bit surprised at how hot this engine was..

hi guys

1. (After the drive) the engine seemed to be a bit hot. The hood was hot to touch.

machang what was the mileage of this?

machang what was the mileage of this?

Darned if i know to be honest. I saw either 8,000 or 80,000. I think it may have been 80k something. I was unfamiliar with the meter layout and I'm not sure if I observed it properly.

That said, owner was demanding 1.37m

Sadly (or happily) the owner said he has found another buyer. So this means I am on the lookout for an auto Vitz or AE110

Not that I would buy either for myself but my friend insists she wants an automatic toyota.

Guys could any of you tell me the latest pricing for 99-2000 Vitz?

I'm being asked 1.5 upwards which seems a bit high. What do you think?

I saw 2 for sale last week advertised on the office intranet..... they wanted 1,435 and 1.5 mil respectively.

Both would have given for 1.4 tho.

both were 99, 1 liter Vitz's.