• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Platz

gode

Hi Guys

Want to know about the Platz car. This is a second had car with a english no.(J)

Any Idea about the market.

Does it have a second hand value and any idea about the maintenance?

Tks

Gode

Isn't it the sedan version of the Vitz?

very less demand, less second hand value. one of my friends cousin have bought a one, and it has been a pain to him. looks ugly.. dont think there will be issues with engine as its toyota.

i dont think its a gud buy anyways. :(

Yes it is.the market value is over one hundred thousand less than Vitz.I have a friend using one and he got no complaints against.

Eng no cars start from 1.1 m range. J Reg can ever go up to about 1.3. Very good runners with amazing economy. 1.0 versions as obviously underpowered. Most cars come after 'running a bit' from Japan being commercial fleet cars (like the AD Wagons or most other models you find here for that matter). There are a few newer face lifted model which looks a lot better but still not great.

The biggest drawback for this car has been THE LOOKS. This makes it harder to sell.

Eng no cars start from 1.1 m range. J Reg can ever go up to about 1.3. Very good runners with amazing economy. 1.0 versions as obviously underpowered. Most cars come after 'running a bit' from Japan being commercial fleet cars (like the AD Wagons or most other models you find here for that matter). There are a few newer face lifted model which looks a lot better but still not great.

The biggest drawback for this car has been THE LOOKS. This makes it harder to sell.

I agree, i used a H range one for almost 3 years and I must say I never had one single problem with it. If you want one badly, get the rarer 1.5 model. Thats what I had and it is a serious mover. Economy was out of this world. Ride is rather stiff, DONT do high speed turns as the car tend to lose grip in the back wheels. Very roomy inside and easy to maintain as Toyota Lanka stocks enough parts and it shares a common engine and suspension parts with the Corolla. I sold mine for 13.5, bought it for 12.5 and this was only 8 months ago. Only had 70 on the clock and I registered it at 22k. Good Luck and contrary to the brokers nonsense, its NOT made anywhere but in JAPAN!!! I had brokers coming in and condemning it saying its from Taiwan and all kinds of silly places and offering prices as low as 7.

• 3 months later...
Hi Guys

Want to wknow about the Platz car. This is a second had car with a english no.(J)

Any Idea about the market.

Does it have a second hand value and any idea about the maintenance?

Tks

Gode

Hi All

My brother was using a Platz 2001,

Bought unregistered in 2005 (J) for Rs 1.5M.

Sold in June 2007 for 1.9M.

It is the best fuel economy car that we have seen and we have heard.

He was comming down to Colombo daily from Moratuwa (20KM) - Weedays Average consumption was 13 km/l.

It was incredible when he calculates and shows us the petrol consumption of that car when going on trips with us, even making jelousy for all other friends.

We can remember it worked 19 km/l when touring Colombo, ratnapura, Embilipitiya, Kataragama and back.

When touring Colombo, Kandy and back it was around 17 km/l.

He used to full the tank before start the trip and refils when no sooner back in colombo from the same shed.

Since we were unable to trust his calculations my husbund got it confirmed from the web.

Secret was it has 1000cc engine with VVTI.

And never had one single problem with it, other than break pad replacement

He was allways telling this.

Cheers